Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I do actually kinda regret buying it....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    So do I fuckin horseshit ass game I should sell it on Ebay for like 40 bucks.

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    got mag bout a week ago its pretty fun my only real complaint is there isnt shit for maps

anyone looking forward to war for cybertron?
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So the new MW2 maps have been delayed until some point today.

Usually the Xbox Live Marketplace gets updated at 5am but alas a delay on the maps. Alot of people are raging over at the Gamefaqs boards.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    They did the last time they couldn't play their shitty new maps.

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Carnival is by far the best new map IMO
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The next big feature in Madden NFL 11 won't be a new control scheme or a fancy graphical flourish. Instead, it'll be you. Your tendencies, your habits and your preferences - all rolled up into an ever-growing scouting report that any Madden player can purchase.

Madden NFL 11 brings new wrinkles to the strategy game.

According to ESPN, every single play you make in any competitive online match is to be tracked and sorted into a pattern. The game knows how often you blitz, how often you run, to whom you prefer to throw, and to which side you kick. On top of that, it keeps track of when: First down, second down and long, second down and medium, second down and short, third down and long, third down and medium, third down and short, fourth down, goal line, and red zone.

From there, all the data is broken into 45 separate reports. Access to these reports can be purchased by any Madden player, yourself included, with Madden Coins. These little tokens can either be bought in bundles for Microsoft points, or earned by playing games online. As Madden producer Phil Frazier put it, "You're earning these coins by playing 'Madden' online, so this isn't a money-grab for us. This is about building up your online skills."
    image Photobucket
    Wow groundbreaking
    /sarcasm

Yeah I'm not to big on it either...I'm not really big on madden anymore at all. I want a good football game, not flash and stupid reports. If have ever played madden online before, you know that after 2-3 possessions, or just the first quarter, you know their tendency's.
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    last years madden was great IMO....most realistic football game i have played ever....granted they have been the only ones allowed to make football in a while
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Best sports games ever made:

1) Fifa 10
    2) MLB The show .... this one just gets better and better each year. (i've heard)... last i played was 08
    Fifa is in a whole 'nother league than Madden.

I think it's gotten progressively worse.... they aren't really bringing anything new to the came with the new releases. And "REWINDS".... are you fucking kidding me?
    I dont understand why 2k makes baseball games, they are horrible. The Show owns them every year. I made the mistake of purchasing 2k8 for $15. It was an unfinished game, literally. I never played 2k9, but I played the demo for 2k10. The graphics are for a playstation 2, and the gameplay was even worse than 2k8.

As for The Show...they're good games and as authentic as it gets...but really, I get bored with them too fast. I couldn't imagine playing franchise mode and going through a real full season.
    image Photobucket
    "I couldn't imagine playing franchise mode and going through a real full season."

i never could either.... just too long. Each game takes about 40 minutes. x 160+ games = FUCK THAT!.

You can shorten the season... it's without a doubt the best next thing to actually playing baseball. Maybe better cause you're not out standing in the sun for 3 hours.
    edited June 2010
    I myself dont play FIFA just because I dont follow soccer much, but when I played the demo I could tell it was pretty badass, I just sucked at it. But Madden doesn't have people all around the world playing it, and it doesn't have any competition whatsoever.

I remember one time when I was a kid and didn't know about dehydration...I was playing a baseball game in 100 degree weather. During warmups I wasn't feeling so great, then when the coach called us in I got dizzy and fell over lol. I sat out the rest of that game.
    image Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    FIFA and NHL games are sooooooooooo good. FIFA 10 though was the best out of the sports games. FIFA World Cup game is pretty good too.
    edited June 2010
    Fifa 10 is like 6 entire games wrapped into one.

you've got:

Regular matches
    Leagues - "Franchise Mode"
    Manager Mode.... you ARE the franchise
    PRO mode.... which is when you CAN create yourself and whatnot or just "Become" one player on the field and play as if it where in real life.

with this you can host online play with 20 people in a single match. Each person is one player for the whole duration of the game.
    I really need to buy an NHL game...I've played the demos so many times its not even funny.
    image Photobucket
    Even the 2k games are alright, I had 2k7 and it was pretty entertaining...but EA Sports has mastered them. Back on ps2 they just used to be a joke. I remember I had 05, and you would always break the glass, the announcing was corny and over the top, you scored 20 points a game....now its real
    image Photobucket
    I had NHL 99 for ps2 (i think)... shit was fun. But i've never been the biggest hockey fan.