Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• gerrythedongerrythedon Posts: 121
    Oh boy another GH game, at least it has the new MEGADETH song [SUDDEN DEATH] on it.
    I'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my Jackie Johnson
  • gerrythedongerrythedon Posts: 121
    Just passed inFAMOUS, I want part 2.
    I'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my Jackie Johnson
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    ^ inFAMOUS is awsome. love that game.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    A partnership between online gaming gurus Sony Online and Star Wars overseers LucasArts could yield one of the year's biggest hits -- and it won’t cost you a dime.

Based on the popular cartoon, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures was officially unveiled Tuesday. It's a family-friendly, massively multiplayer and -- best of all - entirely free-to-play online game set in the universe popularized by the Clone Wars cartoon series.

"Clone Wars Adventures is the ultimate destination for fans of The Clone Wars series and will bring the action and excitement of the show to players online so they can experience The Clone Wars universe firsthand,” said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment.

Intended for younger gamers, Clone Wars Adventures will feature hordes of Star Wars themed mini-games, including customized lightsaber battles, speeder bike racing and even a collectible card game, alongside typical online gaming staples like chatting and leaderboards. Players will be able to interact with the likes of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda. Smedley calls it a "true extension of the show

While it can be enjoyed free of charge, Sony Online will offer premium content to those who opt to pay a subscription fee. The game will also accept Sony Station 'cash' for special items or gear, though again, none of that is required.

Sony Online is certainly no stranger to the free-to-play model. The company's recent hit Free Realms has enjoyed massive success, currently boasting over 10 million registered players.

Clone Wars Adventures is due out on PC this fall.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Anyone else dropping another $15 bucks for the new MW2 maps that come out tomrrow?
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Jesus! It's $15 again? <_>
    edited June 2010
    Haha yep, And the sad thing is they can get away with it.

I'm pretty sure that I read that the last map pack that came out for MW2 was the most downloaded dlc on xbox live ever. I'm honestly surprised they're not charging $20 for the maps.
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    its because 80% of the MW2 market is little kids or 13 year olds who have never worked a day in their life and don't know the value of a dollar
    "Haha yep, And the sad thing is they can get away with it.

I'm pretty sure that I read that the last map pack that came out for MW2 was the most downloaded dlc on xbox live ever. I'm honestly surprised they're not charging $20 for the maps."

On Live and Playstation Network. I bought the other maps, but idk if I wanna buy these new ones. If it was $10 then yeah.
    Crank That! Soulja Boy All Over Gears of War 3

In case you thought celebrities had it bad, a tweet today from Soulja Boy proves you wrong. The rapper let the world know Epic Games will be flying him out to play Gears of War 3 in the next few months.

He tweeted: "Just got a call from the creators of Gears Of War 3 they want to fly me out to play the new video game before it releases!!! Dope."

Confirmed: Your life is not as good as Souja Boy's.

One question remains. Will Soulja Boy love Gears of War 3 as much as he loved Braid?
    Well I already stocked up on my MS points tonight because usually when there is a big release like the MW2 maps live is flooded and you can't buy points because everyone and their mother is trying to buy them.
    Hopefully they learned and not send out the map packs without an update. One of the most stupidest things I saw Microsoft do.
    Haha yeah, that was pretty ridiculous.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    MW 2 can kiss my black ass, I snapped that bitch in half.

I can say that MW2 is the only fucking game that pisses me off so bad.
    Games that piss me the fuck off
    1.Gears of War 2
    2.Halo 3
    3.MW2
    4.WAW
    5.UFC 2010

What pisses you off on UFC 2010?
    Lag
    Spam