Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    By a fucking QA tester in a speed competition. Probably skipping all dialogue and cutscenes and teleporting everywhere. Bethesda said the average time for the main quest will be 25-30 hours. So that doesnt mean shit.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2011
    back to the 360 and ps3 camparisons...i've already stated that ive had my ps3 for like 3 years and have yet to play a game online so $50 a year wouldn't be worth it for me. and i dont care about all the features xbl has, like the online chat cause thats why i have the internet. blu-ray movies are not that expensive, they're less then the cost of xbl for year. DVDs used to be around the same price. the prices for HD TVs, blu-ray players, and blu-ray movies will come down eventually just like dvd players and dvds did. blu-ray will probably take over the market eventually anyway, just like DVDs killed off VHS. as for which console exclusives are better, thats just a matter of opinion. personally i'd rather have Twisted Metal over any xbox exclusive. the only xbox exclusives that i can think of that i really wanted to play were Left 4 Dead and Alan Wake. i dont like the halo games.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited October 2011
    By a fucking QA tester in a speed competition. Probably skipping all dialogue and cutscenes and teleporting everywhere. Bethesda said the average time for the main quest will be 25-30 hours. So that doesnt mean shit.
    this...

and you could easily sink over 100 hours into fallout 3, Skyrim will be no different. no matter much you want to fanboy it doesn't change the fact batman cannot hold a candle to Skyrim in terms of game length
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I believe the point was it can be beaten very quickly.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I believe the point is invalid
    Not really. He said it can be beat in 2 hours he proved it. Point valid.

I've never played the game. Don't even know what it is.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Not really. He said it can be beat in 2 hours he proved it. Point valid.

I've never played the game. Don't even know what it is.
    The game was beaten by a QA tester who has more than likely been playing the game for months now and has played the majority of the quests in the game. He knows the game inside and out. He was also purposely trying to beat it quick, assumably skipping cutscenes and important plot points.

So, employee of developer racing to beat Skyrim = Marc sitting on his ass eating cheetos and beating Arkham City. Im sure if someone from Rocksteady did the same for Arkham City theyd beat it in an hour, maybe 45 minutes. Point invalid.
    Did a person regardless of job title beat the game in 2 hours and 16 minutes. Yes or no?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    as long as the dood didnt cheat and played the same game with the same features as every one else then ape is right, he still did it
    edited October 2011
    there's no legit way of beating fallout 3 in 75 minutes, they had to be teleporting because just walking across the capital wasteland alone would take 75 minutes
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    for those of you who care...

Battlefield 3 To Offer Early Access To Mass Effect 3 Demo

If you weren't already excited about DICE's upcoming Battlefield 3, EA just sweetened the pot. Gamers who purchase the game will receive early access to the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer demo.

The news broke through the (Canadian, by the sound of it) unboxing video of the PS3 version of Battlefield 3. An insert in the game package stated that the purchaser would have "early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo." Apparently, details on when BF 3 owners can access the demo will be revealed through Battlefield 3's in-game ticker.

Later, on the Mass Effect 3 Facebook page and Twitter account, it was announced that the ME 3 demo will feature both single- and multiplayer portions. According to Facebook, "It’s going to be a happy new year! Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. The demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what’s to come on 3/6/12."

Sounds like the perfect way to get through the January gaming doldrums.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/20/battlefield-3-to-offer-early-access-to-mass-effect-3-demo.aspx
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Skyrim will allow you to call dragons to fight by your side \:D/
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Good thing I'm getting Battlefield 3

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yea, fuck Oblivion and Skyrim. Any game that takes 1,000 hours to fully complete is a waste of time and for people with no lives. The longest I ever spent on a game was a little over 80 hours on Kingdom Hearts 2. Completing as much extra shit as possible and shit.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Then don't complete everything. Quite simple.
    fallout 3 took about 30 hours for the main quest but you could easily sink over 100 if you did everything... i don't see the problem. I'd rather have the option
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    fallout 3 took about 30 hours for the main quest but you could easily sink over 100 if you did everything... i don't see the problem. I'd rather have the option
    This. Plus id rather have a game that can take me months to fully complete if I choose to stretch it out that long
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Then don't complete everything. Quite simple.
    Even the main story can take about 100 hours. At least in Oblivion. I never beat it, but I've heard that from multiple people.

edited October 2011
    Also, I wanna get this. It's not just a video game like Guitar Hero/Rock Band. It's literally pretty much a Guitar teacher. The sole purpose of the "game" is to teach you Guitar. Comes with a real Epiphone Guitar and shit. And since I wanna learn Guitar, I think this will be perfect for me without having to pay for lessons.