Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    You have a PS3, Skully?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You have a PS3, Skully?
    yep B-)
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    What's your PSN so I can add you?
    edited July 2011
    I actually just signed up the other day so i could redeem my coupon for the 2 free modes for F.E.A.R. 3
    its SkullAndXbones85
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Uncharted 1 & 2 :D
    Uncharted are the best games ever
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I actually just signed up the other day so i could redeem my coupon for the 2 free modes for F.E.A.R. 3
    its SkullAndXbones85
    i'll add you tomorrow.
    alright :-bd
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Here's a strange thing. The domain ModernWarfare3.com links to a Battlefield 3 website. A WHOIS lookup for the MW3 domain reveals the registrant as Domains By Proxy, Inc., a GoDaddy-owned company that offers domain privacy services. Interestingly, this particular domain was registered all the way back in March 2009.

I'm no expert on domain registration, so I'm not even sure if it's possible to buy a domain and redirect it to someone else's website. Given how far back the domain registration goes though, long before either Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3 were announced, it seems that this has been planned for awhile. Or maybe not.

Interestingly, if you search "modernwarfare3.com" on Google, the first search result -- www.modernwarfare3.com -- is clearly describing a Call of Duty website. Click it though, and you're whisked off to a Battlefield page. Given that, I would say it's a safe bet that outside parties, probably one or more hackers, are behind this redirect.

From g4tv.com
    added u skully
    Here's a strange thing. The domain ModernWarfare3.com links to a Battlefield 3 website. A WHOIS lookup for the MW3 domain reveals the registrant as Domains By Proxy, Inc., a GoDaddy-owned company that offers domain privacy services. Interestingly, this particular domain was registered all the way back in March 2009.

I'm no expert on domain registration, so I'm not even sure if it's possible to buy a domain and redirect it to someone else's website. Given how far back the domain registration goes though, long before either Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3 were announced, it seems that this has been planned for awhile. Or maybe not.

Interestingly, if you search "modernwarfare3.com" on Google, the first search result -- www.modernwarfare3.com -- is clearly describing a Call of Duty website. Click it though, and you're whisked off to a Battlefield page. Given that, I would say it's a safe bet that outside parties, probably one or more hackers, are behind this redirect.

From g4tv.com
    you can buy a domain name and have it redirect people to a different site as long as you own said sites.
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Saints Row: The Third Platinum Pack will autotune you

"I want a new video game," the average consumer thinks, "but I also want to sound funny on the phone." THQ swoops in with a solution to this two-fold need, with the Saints Row: The Third Platinum Pack.

In addition to the game, a soundtrack, and the in-game "Professor Genki Hyper-Ordinary Pre-Order Pack" content, the set also includes a "custom molded Saints Row headset" with a vocoder voice processing feature "inspired by the premier pimp in Saints Row: The Third, Zimos" (who has had a tracheotomy, and speaks using an autotuned electronic voice box). Won't it be fun to annoy all your Xbox Live and PSN friends with your new robovoice?

No, it won't. The headphones are not compatible with Xbox Live or PSN, instead using a standard 3.5mm audio jack. You can totally use it on your smartphone, though.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    sounds ghey

but it looks like a great game
    i finished inFAMOUS 2's good ending last night... it was a pretty sad ending, not gonna lie
    how do i accept friend requests on PSN?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
    :-|
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    :-|
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Any news on resistance three limited editions?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Any news on resistance three limited editions?
    So far only for the PAL Versions.

Sony has announced that PAL regions will be getting two Collector’s Edition for Resistance 3.

The First is the Special Edition which will include the following:

Steelbook Packaging
    Vinyl effect Blu-ray disc
    SRPA Black Ops skin – DLC Code
    Infected Nathan Hale skin - DLC Code
    Air Fuel grenade - DLC Code
    Special multiplayer title: “Sentinel” - DLC Code
    Multiplayer booster - DLC Code

Secondly there is a Survivor Edition which will include the following:

A canvas bag
    Chimera target practice poster
    Joseph Capelli’s journal