Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    Spiderman games usually suck though.
    Oh fuck no, did you play the games for the PS1, both are brilliant action platformers.

Edit: The ones since the movie have been decent, now Batman games were fucking horrendous until Arkham Asylum
    best Spiderman games were the one for N64 and PS1 and the Maximum Carnage series for SNES and Genesis.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh fuck no, did you play the games for the PS1, both are brilliant action platformers.

Edit: The ones since the movie have been decent, now Batman games were fucking horrendous until Arkham Asylum
    I meant the ones since the movie. I used to play the demo for the PS1 game all the time. Fucking Scorpion.

By the way, you realize that your name says Primus_Sucls right? It's been bugging the hell out of me because it's just one letter to the left.....
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep

I meant the ones since the movie. I used to play the demo for the PS1 game all the time. Fucking Scorpion.

By the way, you realize that your name says Primus_Sucls right? It's been bugging the hell out of me because it's just one letter to the left.....
    Yooz a trolling with that name calling son.
    Haha, riiiiiiight.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    For the past few weeks, the Web has been buzzing about J. K. Rowling's mysterious Pottermore project. And while details won't be officially unveiled until Thursday, all signs are pointing to it being an online game revolving around the Harry Potter universe.

A leaked memo has revealed Pottermore to be a persistent world that blends World of Warcraft with real world treasure hunts. Users will dig up clues, which will let them find prizes in the real world.

The memo says Thursday's announcement, which will come via YouTube, will discuss the project's partners and focus on what people can find - particularly quills and wands hidden around the U.S. and U.K.

As often happens with leaks of major projects, it's unclear if the game is the full extent of Pottermore - or simply a tie-in promotion for a larger project. Rowling has made it clear, though, that whatever Pottermore may be, it is NOT a new Harry Potter book.

Potter fansite The Leaky Cauldron is one of the few places that apparently has seen the project. Not surprisingly, they've taken an unbreakable vow of silence about the specifics, but have previously described it as "one of the most amazing, engaging and breathtaking additions to this fandom imaginable".

(Keep in mind, that's a fan site - so the Hogwarts Hype Express runs pretty fast there.)

As for the rest of us Muggles, we'll learn tomorrow how accurate these reports are - and exactly what Rowling has in store for us.

There's good reason for the excitement. The Harry Potter books have sold about 450 million copies worldwide, given birth to a massive film franchise, several video game tie-ins and a theme park. Forbes ranks Rowling as one of the richest women in Britain, with an estimated wealth of $1 billion.
    For anyone that plays Starcraft 2 and likes Warbringer, John Kevill just posted on his facebook that he's WizardOfTime character code 744

I don't play Starcraft, but that's pretty kewl
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm trying to remember an old game I used to play all the time I think it was on 64 (64 > playstation. So it wasn't on ps) it was a racing game I believe you were on some kind of futuristic motorcycle. All I really remember was it was a very fast moving race for some reason g force keeps popping in my head but I don't think that is the name
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited June 2011
    I'm trying to remember an old game I used to play all the time I think it was on 64 (64 > playstation. So it wasn't on ps) it was a racing game I believe you were on some kind of futuristic motorcycle. All I really remember was it was a very fast moving race for some reason g force keeps popping in my head but I don't think that is the name
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLBk1L-l2hk
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Extreme G!!! Thank you cheeze now I must play it
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just rented Duke Nukem cause I was bored. I hope its decent.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    HARRY POTTER GAME?
    FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    imageimage
    I cannot wait until the last movie is done with and people quit caring about Harry potter. That movie already ruined one of my favorite amusement parks :-(
    I cannot wait until the last movie is done with and people quit caring about Harry potter. That movie already ruined one of my favorite amusement parks :-(
    At least it keeps the crowds away from the good rides. Plus Dueling Dragons is still there, but they renamed it Dragon Challenge. That ride is fucking awesome.
    harry potter will never be forgotten
    stop trolling
    imageimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    The new Tomb Raider will be rated M...This makes me want it a lot more and it looks very good.

I'm not trolling I legitimately feel that way about the books and movie. And dueling dragons > dragon challenge or whatever the fuck it is called.
    I just really hope they cut to the chase with Part 2. Yes, I know that "herp derp part 1 had everything from the book omg" but there was way too much dramatic looking off into the distance. I love the books and I love the previous movies (6 was ok) but I was not impressed.
    I'm not trolling I legitimately feel that way about the books and movie. And dueling dragons > dragon challenge or whatever the fuck it is called.
    Yeah I know, but it's the same ride. They just renamed it because OMG HARRY FOUGHT A DRAGON ONE TIME
    it didnt have EVERYTHING from the book...
    they left out multiple important chapters

ape, shut up
    imageimage