Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    we can only hope PSN will be down for a month, can you imagine how enraged the player base will become at Sony. no amount of PR spin will shrug off the heat from that
    i would be very sad...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    PSN officially back on tomorrow in the U.S. and UK

In the morning me thinks.
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Finally. I want to get back to playing BF:BC2 online.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i just got an email from sony saying that information was stolen
    really sony? delayed much?
    imageimage
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I finally got Mortal Kombat 9 yesterday, but god damn is the Raiden vs Shao Kahn fight hard, I had to take a break for the night.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I finally got Mortal Kombat 9 yesterday, but god damn is the Raiden vs Shao Kahn fight hard, I had to take a break for the night.
    teleporting is your friend.

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    teleporting is your friend.

Shit doesn't help man, I need a repetetive knockdown move, or a better character to use, if I could use Stryker or Kabal I would have beat him easy, hell I had a double flawless on Kintaro using Stryker.
    It took me a long while to beat Shao Kahn with Raiden. All I did was spam the shit out of teleport then uppercut him then teleport out. Oh and throw in a few of the Raiden diving crazy move in there. I'd say it probably took my 40 trys in one sitting.
    I have come pretty close, I have decided to cheat by making fights one round only.
    It took me a long while to beat Shao Kahn with Raiden. All I did was spam the shit out of teleport then uppercut him then teleport out. Oh and throw in a few of the Raiden diving crazy move in there. I'd say it probably took my 40 trys in one sitting.
    This is pretty much the way to kill him. Make good distance and wait till he throws his hammer at you. When he throws it teleport and uppercut his ass to hell. Throw in some electric balls and that one move where he flies at his enemy and you will be good.
    We have an amazing lineup of DLC scheduled for May, including new tracks from the Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga, and Ozzy Osbourne. First up, the Foo Fighters continue to add to their legacy with the release of their new album Wasting Light, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 last week. On May 10, we’ll release a pack of their music, as well as two Pro Guitar/Bass upgrades to songs from the Rock Band catalog. I am a huge fan, and I’m looking forward to Tuesday. We will have all the details on Ozzy, Lady Gaga and more coming soon.

Straight from Harmonix
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    is PSN back?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    PSN didn't even have a firewall in place before the attack... LOL
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    PSN didn't even have a firewall in place before the attack... LOL</blockquote

LOL sony can expect an assfucking over this

There's fail, there's epic fail, and then there's Sony. You may've thought it wasn't possible, but Sony has just outdone itself on the fail scale, forcing us to add yet another notch. During the congressional testimony this morning, Dr Gene Spafford of Purdue University revealed just how badly Sony managed its Playstation Network servers. It's... Bad.

What are the basic tenets of maintaining network-connected computers? Exactly - keep your software up to day, and use a firewall (or otherwise close and/or monitor your ports). These are such elementary rules it's hard to imagine anyone would ignore them in this day and age. Sure, I can understand some grandma not running Windows Update properly on her 8 year old Windows XP machine, but professionals managing the world's second most popular online gaming network?

Spafford states that security experts monitoring open internet forums had found out that Sony was running outdated versions of the Apache web server, with no patches applied. To make matters worse, Sony did not have a firewall installed. Topping it all off, these security experts reported these flaws months before the current breaches on security forums monitored by Sony employees. Wow.

"If Dr Spafford's assessment is accurate, it's inexcusable that Sony not only ran obsolete software on servers containing confidential data, but also that the company continued to do so after this information was publicly disclosed," said Jeff Fox, Consumer Reports Technology Editor.

Let's be clear here: the folks who stole the data are criminals and need to be apprehended. However, if Spafford's story is true, and you'd think that you wouldn't lie during a congressional hearing, you can easily argue that Sony are criminals as well. They were basically hiking up their skirts, battering their eyelashes, and making pouty lips to the criminal world. Poor analogy. Let me make it clear: they are acting like criminals themselves. This is going to cost them dearly in law suits and damages - and rightfully so.

This is what we call cosmic karma.
    Hey gang,

As some of you may have seen, we teased some of the May DLC in a recent article on Game Informer to a hugely positive response! We revealed upcoming DLC from the Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga and Ozzy Osbourne, though you'll likely see a few other surprises in the mix.

Here's the first look at the specific Foo Fighters tracks coming out next week, some of the most requested songs we've seen on the forums as of late! Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (May 10) and PlayStation®3 system (May 19):

• Foo Fighters – “Long Road to Ruin”
    • Foo Fighters – “Rope” X
    • Foo Fighters – “Stacked Actors”
    • Foo Fighters – “Walk”
    • Lordi – “Hard Rock Hallelujah”
    • Run-DMC – “King of Rock”

Pro Guitar Additions for Legacy Songs

• Foo Fighters – “Monkey Wrench”
    • Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 18)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Foo Fighters Pack 04” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
    $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
    $0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
    $6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points) for Foo Fighters Pack 04

I'm not doing this every week obviously, just doing it if I see tracks people here would be interested in.
    Microsoft to reveal new Xbox at E3?

The next generation Xbox console is currently sitting on a desk at EA and Microsoft is set to officially announce it at this years E3 according to "a senior, trusted, well-placed" source.

This source told respected publication Develop that the new hardware was sent to EA last month so they could get to grips with the tech and start developing software.

The hardware is said to be a very early build housed inside a PC case.

The source said;

"Quite often when new consoles come around they're packaged into a PC shell, but actually what's inside is an entirely new console,"

"Why let Nintendo steal the thunder in June? It doesn't want to lose momentum. That's why I think Microsoft is rushing to make an announcement at E3."

"Kinect will keep the 360 going for a couple of years, but Microsoft knows that if it slows down now it will face trouble."

There is no conformation from either company on how valid this source is so take it with a massive pinch of salt. We will just have to wait until this years E3 in June to find out.

Both Kazuo Hirai and Sir Howard Stringer have stated that we will be offering identity theft protection for those affected by the malicious attack on PlayStation Network and many of you may have seen the details of the service available in North America.

As I have explained previously, creating a similar offering for the many countries within the SCEE region is a very complicated process. Each country has a different way of handling identity theft; some offer relatively sophisticated services whilst others are much more modest.

We are currently in the process of identifying how we manage this situation and once the programme is ready to launch, we will provide details of exactly which services are available in each country and explain how to sign up. We hope to do this early next week.

Also, look out for more information on the rest of our Welcome Back programme, including which free content you will be eligible for. We will be offering PSN users the opportunity to select two PS3 games from a list of five, as well as offering PSP users the opportunity to choose two games from a list of four. We will let you know exactly what games are available very soon.

Please be assured that we are continuing to work around the clock to have some PlayStation Network and Qriocity services restored and will provide you with specific details shortly.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/06/scee-identity-theft-protection-offering/

While now I finally agree Sony is taking the right steps in offering identity theft protection and offering 2 free games. It still pisses me off that this happened in the first place.

Also these 2 free games better be actual games and not PSN arcade titles.
    Also I find it crazy that people all over are still defending Sony. Some people have their heads so far up Sonys ass from fanboyism.

I swear PS3's all over could all randomly start catching fire and you would still have people defending Sony saying something like "Well, its your fault you had it plugged in."
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    Also I find it crazy that people all over are still defending Sony. Some people have their heads so far up Sonys ass from fanboyism.

I swear PS3's all over could all randomly start catching fire and you would still have people defending Sony saying something like "Well, its your fault you had it plugged in."
    SONY NEEDS TO LEARN WHEN TO THROW IN THE TOWEL

JUST STUCK A FORK IN IT AND ITS DONE AND BEEN DONE FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS
    mmmmm free ps3 games.

SONY NEEDS TO LEARN WHEN TO THROW IN THE TOWEL

JUST STUCK A FORK IN IT AND ITS DONE AND BEEN DONE FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS
    Gears and Halo can only save a system for so long <_>