Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    What do you get with PSN+?
    some DL content and all game demos are free. Some DL content has huge discounts. Can back up data to a online server so that if your PS3 ever crashes, your data is saved.... that sort of thing.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hm. Could be useful.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pretty much Sony gives us $4 worth of shit for all our personal information. <_>
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    just finished playing F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin about an hour ago.......great game, loved it B-)
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I've been playing Pokemon Gold on my computer nonstop all weekend.

Just discovered emulators...
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    just finished playing F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin about an hour ago.......great game, loved it B-)
    pretty generic corridor shooter but i enjoyed it
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    pretty generic corridor shooter but i enjoyed it
    it's still an original game though, i think its the first game to combine first person shooter with survival horror and IMO they did a great job. the first F.E.A.R. came out way before Dead Space. F.E.A.R. was originally a PC only game then eventually made its way to Xbox and PS3. i liked the combination of the first person shooter and survival horror. i still prefer traditional survival horror but FEAR was a great game and FEAR 2 was even better. my 3 biggest complaints of the first one were 1) the flashlight would always turn off after like 2 minutes of usage then would have to recharge, even though it only took like 10 seconds to recharge it was still a pain in the ass. 2) not enough horror/creepyness. 3) the loading time...took too long. FEAR 2 improved all of those things. the flashlight stayed on as long as you wanted, it was creepier and had more scares, the loading time was quicker, and the controls were a lot better. i have a feeling the 3rd one is gonna be amazing.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    ANY ONE GETTING EXCITED FOR "CALL OF THE DEAD"?
    Yes. I am definitely buying the new Black Ops maps pretty much just for the Zombie map. CoD: Zombies = WINNING
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2011
    its the first game to combine first person shooter with survival horror
    no.jpg 75.3K
    Anyone try the Gears of War 3 beta?
    Yes. I am definitely buying the new Black Ops maps pretty much just for the Zombie map. CoD: Zombies = WINNING
    WANT TO TEAM UP TOMORROW NIGHT?
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    Rumor: Microsoft Game Studios Vancouver working on core Kinect shooter

Based on the resume of one Shawn Woods, Microsoft is currently working on "a core AAA shooter experience using Kinect." Woods serves as art director for Microsoft Game Studios Vancouver, which appears to be a brand new branch focused on making "core" titles. The studio's "mission" is to "push the limits of proven and unexplored game development and show the world what's possible on Microsoft's game consoles." It's worth pointing out that the MGS Vancouver website makes no mention of a Kinect focus, nor do the job listings on its front page.

Rumors regarding a core shooter for the Kinect have been circulating for quite some time, ranging from a possible "on-rails" Gears of War title to Halo. The latter is more likely in this case, given that MGS Vancouver is an internal Microsoft studio. Then again, it's possible that the studio is working on something entirely different.

Whatever the studio is cooking up, here's hoping we hear more by the time E3 rolls around.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    same old gears. only thing different is new guns, maps, characters, gun skins and so on. other then that it plays the same and looks the same.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    same old gears. only thing different is new guns, maps, characters, gun skins and so on. other then that it plays the same and looks the same.
    so iza good
    ANY ONE WANT TO PLAY "CALL OF THE DEAD" IN ABOUT 45 MINS, I'M "CADSTER666" ON XBOX LIVE.
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    i love it tbh. seems like the most balanced game yet, and will be even more once they fix whatever glitches people have brought up on the forums. just takes some practice with the new weapons. executions are fucking brutal tho \m/
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    just literally got a fucking hard on after reading game informers mass effect 3 article
    call of the dead

how do you activate the light house zip line?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Mass Effect has been delayed into mid 2012. It will probably come out during the holidays.