Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Also GET FUCKING HYPED FOR NEW DOOM YOU BITCHES
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    That new SpongeBob game was free for PS plus this month. Not gonna lie, it kinda sucks 
    Which one?
     Cosmic Shake 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Hmmm should I get a handheld now or wait for some new ones :-?
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    That new SpongeBob game was free for PS plus this month. Not gonna lie, it kinda sucks 
    Which one?
     Cosmic Shake 
    What's wrong with it?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Cosmic Shake was gasoline shoot yourself in the head.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc-usa

If anyone needs Gamepass ultimate for cheap right now. Paid $112 for a year for 4 of the 3 month cards. Usually like $200 if you buy like that from retail stores 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Depends on what you want. 

They are great, but if you mostly game from the couch the ps5 and xbox are still just fine. 

If you want something you can play just about everything from laying in bed. I say get one. 

If you want something that runs everything on ultra, we're probably 2 years away from that. But the frame generation technology is.getting really good too so maybe not. 

Ultimately I say get one and then just upgrade in a few years..
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Which one?
     Cosmic Shake 
    What's wrong with it?
     There’s a huge charm issue for one thing. I know it’s not a direct sequel to Battle For Bikini Bottom but it’s supposed to be a spiritual successor I think. The levels are way too overlong and mostly composed of pointless fetch quests. I have no idea why I’m doing what I’m doing half the time. It also somehow looks worse than PS2 BFBB. It’s just bloaty idk I feel like my time is being wasted. 
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Which one?
     Cosmic Shake 
    What's wrong with it?
     There’s a huge charm issue for one thing. I know it’s not a direct sequel to Battle For Bikini Bottom but it’s supposed to be a spiritual successor I think. The levels are way too overlong and mostly composed of pointless fetch quests. I have no idea why I’m doing what I’m doing half the time. It also somehow looks worse than PS2 BFBB. It’s just bloaty idk I feel like my time is being wasted. 
    F
    Everything I'm interested in from these recent streams:

SUMMER GAMES FEST:
    Quidditch (big maybe)
    Power Rangers: Rita's Rewind (day-one physical buy for me)
    Sonic x Shadow Generations (day-one physical buy)

PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY:
    Astro Bot (definite day-one physical buy)
    Dynasty Warriors: Origins (maybe)

XBOX SHOWCASE:
    DOOM: The Dark Ages (Boner inducing, day-one preorder on PC, my body is ready)
    Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 (looks very good, will be following intently)
    South Of Midnight (not my kind of game, but the aesthetic and art style are great)
    Age Of Mythology: Retold
    Mecha Break (looks amazing!)
    Winter Burrow
    Indiana Jones And The Great Circle
    Gears Of War: E-Day

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Copped this today for my new studio PC build since I’m moving away from Mac. Meaning this will primarily be used for non-gaming purposes, but of course the option is always there for either of the builds. OLED, 240Hz, 4K. I originally was gonna get the OLED 240Hz 4K ASUS model, but saw this came out very recently. They’re both the exact same price, $1,300, but the ASUS is constantly out of stock, plus this came wit a $300 Amazon gift card, so it was essentially $1,000 instead since I’ll now be able to use that towards other parts instead. This also has a matte anti glare screen, better mobility, (Can twist it fully sideways and use it vertically if you want to.) and I personally like the aesthetics better. Doesn’t look like strictly a “gaming” monitor other than the RGB ring in the back, looks a lot more sleek and lowkey, which is definitely more fitting in the studio setting. Hype to try games on this tho, the 4090 will definitely push the full 240 on a lotta shit. Shit even the 7900 XTX will, which is the GPU in this build.

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/monitors/gaming/odyssey-oled-g8-g80sd-32-inch-240hz-oled-uhd-ls32dg806snxza/

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I got 99 tabs and this OLED is one. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I'm glad standard 1080p, LED monitors are cheap now. When I finally get around to building a PC in a couple years, it'll be a nice money save. 
    Kingdom Hearts is officially on PC now
    One of my favorite things about marvel snap is that while you can pay to advance, you can m9stly just play for free the whole time and still do just fine. 

It's refreshing when every place is trying to nickle and dime you like crazy
    Depends on what you want. 

They are great, but if you mostly game from the couch the ps5 and xbox are still just fine. 

If you want something you can play just about everything from laying in bed. I say get one. 

If you want something that runs everything on ultra, we're probably 2 years away from that. But the frame generation technology is.getting really good too so maybe not. 

Was gonna get the Ally z1 extreme but just saw that they are coming out with the Ally X that is definitely an upgrade from the fans to battery life
    I don't think we are going to see enough of a performance boost to make the X worth it when the z1 extreme is going to be priced at like 3-400 soon. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Might be best to wait till next year