Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Holy fuck Dragon's Dogma 2 snuck in aggregious microtransactions at launch. You cant even make a new character or start a new game. How did that fly?
    I started the first one but wasnt in a headspace for that involved of an RPG, but a couple buddies of mine were super excited for DD2. That sucks

Been hitting Baldur's Gate 3 hard on my free time the last week. It's fucking phenomenal, but I have to run it on the lowest settings. The game seems to believe that my laptop can run it on ultra but it dips to like 12fps 
    Try the Divinity Original Sin games when you're done. Its Baldur's Gate 3 but less theater kid, and no Tencent
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I played that game on ultra on the rog ally. Got about 40 fps on it. Third act was a little rough but I think it's better now. 

Is your laptop a potato? 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    No way you were getting 40 on the Ally at ultra lmaoooo stop the cap. 

Not capping. I did say about, and that would be the high end of the frames, but it hovered consistently at 35. 

I played everything on ultra and had it work with everything. Even starfield i averaged 30 FPS with it on ultra. 

As long as you weren't using ray tracing you can play everything on the ally on ultra, especially now with the new frame generation technology, and have good consistent frames. 
    Copped ufc5 since it was on sale and I had some free money from the slots. People bitch about it on reddit but I always find a way to have fun with these games, though 4 was the worst.i think. 
    Also erik nba 2k24 is on ps plus if you have the second level membership. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Rex is right, just not about my laptop being a potato. Just needed to turn on Nvidia DLSS. Now averaging 70fps on ultra
    Anyone play this year's wwe 2k? I haven't played a wrestling game in probably a decade so I was thinking about copping lol
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    edited March 24
    2K23 is decent but same rule applies to those as 2K basketball and Madden, never pay full price and wait for the inevitable massive price drop. I paid $17 for 2K23 lmao. They’re essentially nothing but roster updates every year jus like the others, and they’re even more scummy cause they don’t even release the entire full roster. Like I saw that CM Punk will be part of a season pass DLC pack and not on the base game roster. HOW when he is one of the biggest names on the main core roster? I don’t care if he joined late, that shit is penny pinching scummy ass business practice.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    edited March 25
    Played (and beat) Stray for the first time. Easily one of my favorite Indie titles. This was such a unique concept I had a blast. My only complaint is there’s a little bit of janky-ness to the controls and at times it feels like it wants to tell two different stories but it’s so short and if I weigh it out I beat the game in just about 5 hours and I enjoyed damn near every minute of it. Really really loved the feel of this game  I don’t really know how to describe it other than it just feels so fluid and precise to play. Also a meow button is pretty much an A+. 

Tldr Kitty game is dope 
    Game was indeed gas.
    For real people are sleeping on this shit. Fun as fuck. Might try to grab the plat but will probably put it off because my back log is building up again. My youngest bro popped off and grabbed me Celeste, both Ori games and Hat In Time. Never played any of em but they’ve been on the list for a hot minute and I’m eager to start every single one of those games 
    edited March 25
    That trophy for beating it in two hours is gonna be a bitch lol gonna have to shave 3 hours off my time 
    Naw it’s easy. I did it wit like 15 minutes to spare. You jus gotta cut straight thru everything and skip cutscenes, straight A to B the entire game and never get distracted. 

The hard one was that bullshit robot minigame where you get chased thru the alley. You gotta clear it without getting hit once and it’s complete fucking bullshit. That shit had me straight up screaming.
    edited March 25
    Dime2 said:
    For real people are sleeping on this shit. Fun as fuck. Might try to grab the plat but will probably put it off because my back log is building up again. My youngest bro popped off and grabbed me Celeste, both Ori games and Hat In Time. Never played any of em but they’ve been on the list for a hot minute and I’m eager to start every single one of those games 
    Fuck Celeste. Great game, way too difficult for me lol. One of the few games I dropped completely because it was simply too hard for me. You need pixel perfect control

I think you'll connect with the story though. Celeste is a trans girl, and the visual of "climbing a mountain" is an allegory for transition. I think you can relate. 
    Yeah i need to play stray. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Same. My gf owns it so I should just steam share. Just beat FF VII remake yesterday. That Sephiroth fight had me in full rage mode lol. Moving on to HZD 

i always see stray on sale and mean to purchase but end up with something else lol. 

Dime2 said:
    Fuck Celeste. Great game, way too difficult for me lol. One of the few games I dropped completely because it was simply too hard for me. You need pixel perfect control

I think you'll connect with the story though. Celeste is a trans girl, and the visual of "climbing a mountain" is an allegory for transition. I think you can relate. 
     lol if the game is good then 0. I’m down to play 
    Same dude who brought to attention the shit localization for Unicorn Overlord has started showing examples of Dragon's Dogma 2 having bad localization too. 

Localizers to the gulag