Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,696 jayfacer
    LMAO 5090 gonna have a 500W TDP. 😮‍💨 Not really surprising considering the 4090 is 450W, but still, got damn lil homie.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,776 jayfacer
    I don’t understand most of what you just said 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,654 spicy boy
    Grind never stops. 

Dime2 said:
    I don’t understand most of what you just said 
    I’ll forgive it since you ain’t a PC guy lmao but basically TDP is the maximum power draw of a component. Obviously it’s not pulling that at all times, but in the hypothetical situation of being at full workload, a 500W TDP means it would need 500W to supply it. The current highest power supplies that you can possibly get are 1,600W, so the graphics card alone could potentially pull an entire third of the available wattage, all by itself. 

The 4090 is NVIDIA’s current most powerful graphics card, the 5090 is it’s upcoming successor.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,693 spicy boy
    Still on that 1070 life
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,693 spicy boy
    My autism kicked in

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    FLAT said:
    Grind never stops. 

Dude I spent so many full summer days in middle school mining and smelting in rs
    I tried to get my level 110 dude back but gave up lol
    And it’s 5am 
    Officially got all parts for the 14900K build so it’s bout that time to build a PC again. Both love and hate that lmao it was so satisfying at the end but was also tedious and took forever. Although maybe this time around will go a little smoother since I know exactly what I’m doing now and also have a slightly bigger case, so wiring will be less of a hassle.
    The all AMD build will be the music build and then I’ll be swapping GPUs and throwing the 4090 in the new Intel build. I was thinking of keeping my current build as is for gaming (7950X3D + 4090) and then doing the 14900K wit the 7900 XTX for music, and that seemed like the logical choice because the 14900K has 8 more cores than the 7950X3D, but after doing a LOT of fucking research and reading, the AMD chip is actually better because all 16 cores are performance cores, whereas Intel is only 8 performance cores and 16 efficiency cores. And while music production and engineering is a multi core intensive process and it would generally mean the more cores the better, a lot of DAWs, especially mine, Cubase, do not properly utilize efficiency cores and only really use the performance cores. So in a way, I would actually be working wit LESS cores on the Intel, 8 vs 16, even tho single core performance does clock higher on that chip.

We’ll see, but this setup should work ideally for each purpose. Worse comes to worst, I could always swap parts around and see what works best. Even tho that would also be a headache, but experimenting like that is half the fun in shit like this.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,274 mod
    Be careful with the 14900K lots of issues and instability with CPU. I hope you win the silicon lottery with the one you buy. I had crazy issues with mine and then I got another one and swapped. Every now and then I’ll still get a BSOD but it isn’t as frequent. Might just buy a new mobo but I’m probably building a new rig when the 5090 comes out so I’m just going to deal with it for now. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,274 mod
    Sold my legion go for $600 and picked up an open box Ally X

NOCAP said:
    Be careful with the 14900K lots of issues and instability with CPU. I hope you win the silicon lottery with the one you buy. I had crazy issues with mine and then I got another one and swapped. Every now and then I’ll still get a BSOD but it isn’t as frequent. Might just buy a new mobo but I’m probably building a new rig when the 5090 comes out so I’m just going to deal with it for now. 
    I did see all the reports about that, but apparently driver updates and patches been rolling out as of recently and for the most part fixing it, so looks like I took the perfect amount of time getting around to it lmao. Technically there were even issues wit AM5 all around when it first dropped, mobos were straight up frying it, and all that shit got ironed out by now as well. So fingers crossed there’s no issues on the 14900K. I opted out of the KS for that reason tho. It wasn’t a money thing and I considered getting it jus to have the technically fastest possible available, but 70-80W more of a power draw and an even worse thermal issue was not worth it for a literal 1% increase. The K is already a furnace lmao.
    Honestly the game I’m most excited for is Judas. For all intents and purposes, that IS the new BioShock, even moreso than actual BioShock 4 whenever the fuck it comes out, considering Lavine is doing Judas and the original team ain’t even involved in BioShock 4. Them Judas trailers had me rock hard.

Day one whenever.
    NOCAP said:
    Sold my legion go for $600 and picked up an open box Ally X
    Also I seriously considered doing this lmao, wit a trade in I could have gotten the X for about $500, but I said fuck it cause in reality the Ally has already been collecting dust, I don’t get to play at work anymore so my only game time is at home, and at that rate I’m playing on the full setup that I paid top dollar for lmao. It’s honestly to the point that I force myself to play on the Ally sometimes jus to switch it up and get some use out of it. So the X would literally be needless money spent.
    edited July 30
    Damn Mass Effect 4 just got the plug pulled on it after 6 years of development 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,579 spicy boy
    use moonlight to stream from your PC to the ally and you will still get the frames from that power at least. 
    You know what I completely forgot about Moonlight, I gotta try that. I did try Steam’s streaming service one time to continue playing on the shitter lmfao and even being in the house, that shit was HORRIBLE, like unplayable. Of course I could have launched it natively, but I was jus tryna pick up right where I was at for a few minutes and not have to shut it all down lmao.