Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Im hoping that Metal gear 3 remake gets a release date this year.

Other than that i dont really even care what comes out until gta 6 lmao. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I'm excited for the new Shantae. Will wait to play it for the Switch release, but I have the Gameboy Advance collector's edition preordered, but I want to keep it unopened on display. Other than that, I cant think of anything coming out this year I'm overly interested in...

I'm excited for Kingdom Hearts 4, and Hollow Knight: Silksong, but they don't have release dates yet. 
    Kind of excited for Elden Ring DLC, but I'm waiting to see if they release it physically eventually. 
    No longer excited for Stellar Blade.
    Was excited for Unicorn Overlord, and Battlefront Collection - but Battlefront Collection sucks ass, and Unicorn Overlord has a fanfic translation. 

Can't think of anything else. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    We ain’t getting KH 4 til 2026 at the earliest is my guess. Missing Link is supposed to drop this year and they’re gonna want that to breathe for a while. I don’t think they want it to coexist like Union Cross did with the 3
    Dime2 said:
    We ain’t getting KH 4 til 2026 at the earliest is my guess. Missing Link is supposed to drop this year and they’re gonna want that to breathe for a while. I don’t think they want it to coexist like Union Cross did with the 3
    Oh yea, I forgot about Missing Link
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I purposely try to forget about it lol 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Hogwarts Legacy >>>>>>>> Elden Ring and it’s not even close.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Biggest cap posted in this thread since Rex said the new cod was GOTY

That must have been a long ass time ago lol
    Hogwarts Legacy >>>>>>>> Elden Ring and it’s not even close.
    I have to partially agree. 

The open world in Hogwarts Legacy is MASSIVELY better than Elden Ring's. 
    Elden Ring has better combat, imo
    Hogwarts has a much better story. 
    Elden Ring has much better boss fights
    Elden ring has one of the coolest maps ever created. 

Hogwarts might feel more alive or whatever gay stuff yall are Into, but elders map was truly unique when it comes to a game. 

The map was the story in parts of that game.
    Elden ring has one of the coolest maps ever created. 

Hogwarts might feel more alive or whatever gay stuff yall are Into, but elders map was truly unique when it comes to a game. 

The map was the story in parts of that game.
    Nah
    The best part about Hogwarts was the world. Everything else was the same old run of the mill open world game. I was hoping the game would be like a Harry Potter themed Bully where you go to school everyday and you can play Quiddich and shit. Also thought the enemy variety was lackluster. I know they’ll expand when the sequel is out and I’ll buy that too. Just didn’t think it was a GOAT or anything like that. 

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Considering most games are franchises these days, HL was a great game for a first entry. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    @NOCAP You lucky I can’t flag you faggot. 💯
    For speaking facts? You’re crazy. I know you love them collect a thon open world fetch quest games but this game was nothing special beyond the lore. 

Copped Alan Wake 2 for $40 cause EGS is also having a spring sale.

All in all between the 2 sales I had picked up: Hellblade, Siege, Halo MCC, GTAV, and AW2.
    Holy fuck Dragon's Dogma 2 snuck in aggregious microtransactions at launch. You cant even make a new character or start a new game. How did that fly?
    Copped Alan Wake 2 for $40 cause EGS is also having a spring sale.

All in all between the 2 sales I had picked up: Hellblade, Siege, Halo MCC, GTAV, and AW2.
    I got the Amid Evil DLC, Ion Fury DLC, and Corn Kidz 64 on the Steam sale
    Holy fuck Dragon's Dogma 2 snuck in aggregious microtransactions at launch. You cant even make a new character or start a new game. How did that fly?
    Performance is dogshit too across the board. 

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I started the first one but wasnt in a headspace for that involved of an RPG, but a couple buddies of mine were super excited for DD2. That sucks

Been hitting Baldur's Gate 3 hard on my free time the last week. It's fucking phenomenal, but I have to run it on the lowest settings. The game seems to believe that my laptop can run it on ultra but it dips to like 12fps