Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I know you are one I would have coming at me a bit I’ll give you most of what I can remember to help you decide which I am 

when Metallica did their black album posters there was 500 with 100 random foil $50. I would buy one for each released. No real intention on keeping those. I hit on a foil for nothing else matters. I put it on eBay with the starting price of what I paid. 32 bids later it landed a little over $700. Most of the posters sold maybe for maybe $20-$30 more than what I paid after shipping. A couple after my costs plus shipping and eBay fees cost me $10-20. 

My view is I’m not setting the price the bidders are. His view was it was shitty to do regardless because I was taking it from someone who really wanted it, I feel like this is living thinking only happy thoughts essentially because who is to say the one I got wouldn’t go to someone flipping themselves. 

I didn’t flip one ps5 I could have made so much damn money 13 of them. Not one flipped. 

There have been a few drumsticks here and there as well as picks same deal only buying my one. 

A few pairs of shoes metallica and then the korn adidas 

a few of the more expensive shows I went to I bought extra pit tickets to flip to pay for the ones I bought for me 

Taylor shift. It was 10 days before the show I got a unique link sent to me to buy the reserves that were released. When they initially went on sale no one asked for help and I browsed and passed on tickets since they were already expensive. The next day shows were sold out and tickets went for thousands. So when this happened I bought two checked that section and sold them for half of what that section has been selling for. Both pairs I bought one for each day sold within a minute of me listing them. Two days later the tickets were all closer to my price in that section and moved to a few hundred more than mine. After what I put in and fees it was just shy of 6k what I made off 4 tickets. 

This only matters because he was a friend otherwise I would tell people too bad if you want them be better or pay up. His argument was that I was taking them from someone who could have wanted to take their kid or something. My argument was again that this fictional person could also be trying to flip so why let them get the money also I reset the market on tickets I got through a unique link that these fictional people may not have had access too. 

Hogwarts controller sold because the market went insane 

I’ve done a couple rare vinyl releases but stopped that quick because too much risk of damage 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    I know you are one I would have coming at me a bit I’ll give you most of what I can remember to help you decide which I am 

when Metallica did their black album posters there was 500 with 100 random foil $50. I would buy one for each released. No real intention on keeping those. I hit on a foil for nothing else matters. I put it on eBay with the starting price of what I paid. 32 bids later it landed a little over $700. Most of the posters sold maybe for maybe $20-$30 more than what I paid after shipping. A couple after my costs plus shipping and eBay fees cost me $10-20. 

My view is I’m not setting the price the bidders are. His view was it was shitty to do regardless because I was taking it from someone who really wanted it, I feel like this is living thinking only happy thoughts essentially because who is to say the one I got wouldn’t go to someone flipping themselves. 

I didn’t flip one ps5 I could have made so much damn money 13 of them. Not one flipped. 

There have been a few drumsticks here and there as well as picks same deal only buying my one. 

A few pairs of shoes metallica and then the korn adidas 

a few of the more expensive shows I went to I bought extra pit tickets to flip to pay for the ones I bought for me 

Taylor shift. It was 10 days before the show I got a unique link sent to me to buy the reserves that were released. When they initially went on sale no one asked for help and I browsed and passed on tickets since they were already expensive. The next day shows were sold out and tickets went for thousands. So when this happened I bought two checked that section and sold them for half of what that section has been selling for. Both pairs I bought one for each day sold within a minute of me listing them. Two days later the tickets were all closer to my price in that section and moved to a few hundred more than mine. After what I put in and fees it was just shy of 6k what I made off 4 tickets. 

This only matters because he was a friend otherwise I would tell people too bad if you want them be better or pay up. His argument was that I was taking them from someone who could have wanted to take their kid or something. My argument was again that this fictional person could also be trying to flip so why let them get the money also I reset the market on tickets I got through a unique link that these fictional people may not have had access too. 

Hogwarts controller sold because the market went insane 

I’ve done a couple rare vinyl releases but stopped that quick because too much risk of damage 
    I wasnt directing my comment at you, just in general
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    That’s fine curious still 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i think i am going to start a new character on BG3 and give it a fresh try. 

I played it for like 10 hours, and got to a part when my whole crew was just being killed. I tried the part like 20 times and could not get past it so i gave up lol. 

Ive been reading about how to handle the combat though, and i think ive got a grasp on it to where i could make it through now lol. 
    I did this with my first play on demons souls. I did not like my character build and said fuck it just wasted 8 hours. 

I couldn’t bring myself to play BG3 I do not like turn based battle 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    its not my favorite thing in the world, but other than that the game is really cool. So i want to try and learn it so that i can play through it at least. 

I do find it a little silly that people talk about how great of a game it is, but then in combat if you stand on a box you gain the high ground advantage lmao. That seems silly to me. 
    The high ground is very important though ask anakin 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Dude that leaked GTAVI got life in prison holy shit lmao.
    edited December 2023
    i think he had some stalking history and also said he was going to keep hackin so im not surprised. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,665 spicy boy
    He was autistic lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "Kurtaj was apparently out on bail for the Nvidia attack and in police protection at a Travelodge when the attack was carried out in September of last year. Though his laptop had been confiscated at the time, Kurtaj was nonetheless able to hack into Rockstar's internal systems using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel TV, and a cell phone"

Fucking wild lmao 
    Sonic Origins Plus is a super solid collection. I think its also a great way for people who dont enjoy the classic Sonic games to get into them, because the Anniversary mode modernizes them wonderfully. 
    Holy shit I can’t believe I didn’t hear about this til now, did yall see that massive Insomniac leak/hack from earlier this week? Their entire slate and plans got leaked, as well as how Sony is planning to change the PS Plus business model and copy XGP by allowing it to be played on any device. But the biggest one is that the ENTIRE current PC build of Wolverine leaked online. He has med packs, smoke bombs, and throwing knives.

Wolverine.
    Med-packs.

😐
    That had to be a call directly from Sony to fuck it up and fit THEIR formula cause ain’t no way they perfectly embody Spider-Man like that and Wolverine has garbage forced resource management that doesn’t belong whatsoever, out of nowhere.
    edited December 2023
    Ehm it's a video game. Kind of have to have a health/healing system. 

I highly doubt Sony called them and was like "you we need media packs in there"

Plus this game won't be out for a while. A ton could change in development. 
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    That had to be a call directly from Sony to fuck it up and fit THEIR formula 
    :| it's a video game my guy. You think Wolverine is just gonna be invincible? Guarantee at the start of the story Wolverine will lose his healing factor or have it slowed down somehow 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    It’s still early in development. This is why companies don’t like showing their games off in these early stages. 

Nah regenerating health has been a thing in games for how long now? You can still die when health runs out and have health regen for Wolverine

The XMen Origins Wolverine and Deadpool games did it. But they were also actual action games, and not slow walking simulator with occasional GOW2018 combat games. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    MC and Erik are part of the problem. A game leaks, in early ass development, years away from being released, and they’re crying about it. Literally not a single thing you saw/read in the leaks can be in the final game.