Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    NOCAP said:
    Made a shit ton of money reselling this month so I think I’m going to go all in on a new PC rig. Should I do the 4090 boys or wait for the 4070 super or the 50 series? Don’t really want to wait tbh
    No telling how far off the 50 series is and the Supers will prolly be like a 5 FPS difference at most lmao the regular 4090 is already stupid OP. 
    What’s your setup rn?

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    Im about ready to give up on and drop Jedi Survivor. 
    Git gud also are you even through the first half that’s all parkour? 
    Nah. Im like 18 hours in, and still havent gotten to Cere. I just do not gel with the combat at all. I got stuck on one encounter for over an hour today. Still didnt do it, I just gave up and switched to Sonic. Much more my speed. 

I didnt gel much with Jedi Fallen Order's combat either. But that felt like they were trying to do Dark Souls combat, Jedi Survivor feels like Sekiro. And I hated Sekiro. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but video games are meant to be fun and if you’re not enjoying it you can just stop playing it at any time. You also don’t have to collect everything and playing on the hardest setting isn’t required either. 

You guys sound like you don’t enjoy half the shit you play. Putting 18 hours into something you don’t enjoy is called work. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    I don’t know who needs to hear this but video games are meant to be fun and if you’re not enjoying it you can just stop playing it at any time. You also don’t have to collect everything and playing on the hardest setting isn’t required either. 

You guys sound like you don’t enjoy half the shit you play. Putting 18 hours into something you don’t enjoy is called work. 

Thats why I switched to Sonic today lol
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    Made a shit ton of money reselling this month so I think I’m going to go all in on a new PC rig. Should I do the 4090 boys or wait for the 4070 super or the 50 series? Don’t really want to wait tbh
    No telling how far off the 50 series is and the Supers will prolly be like a 5 FPS difference at most lmao the regular 4090 is already stupid OP. 
    What’s your setup rn?
    GPU I grabbed the 4090 ASUS ROG Strix OC model which at the time was the absolute fastest 4090 available until ASUS themselves topped it wit the liquid metal version, but it’s $3,100 and not substantially quicker whatsoever. Few frame difference and it’s one of those things where it’s strictly enthusiast grade for someone that wants to literally be able to say that they own the absolute fastest one. But it definitely ain’t no $1,000+ difference. I also grabbed the ASUS because I did the all white build and the only few white 4090s were the ASUS and I wanna say the Gigabyte. ASUS has RGB tho and I’m also a sucker for that shit lmao. 

Full specs are:

Motherboard: ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
    GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4090 ASUS ROG Strix OC
    RAM: 64GB G. Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series
    Storage: 10TB PCIE5 + PCIE4 SSD
    AIO: Lian Li Galahad II LCD SL-INF 360
    All other fans: Lian Li Infinity
    Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo
    Additional RGB cables: Lian Li Strimer V2

Yea I was jus about to say simply lower the fucking difficulty lmao. MC said he plays every single game on the hardest difficulty and I have no clue why anyone would consistently do that to themselves. There’s no real pride or satisfaction in it, especially considering that most games highest difficulties are very blatantly not fully playtested and border on being straight up fucking broken. Jus slide all the sliders to 110 and make everything a sponge and you a one hit pussy and call it a day. Cause they know 90% or more will play on Normal/Medium so that’s all they give a fuck about and put effort into. 

I’ve only ever done it when a playthrough on the hardest difficulty is necessary for the Platinum, and even then I’m very selective and if it is straight up disgustingly rage inducingly impossible, I am not doing it. And every single one that I have completed, it has ruined the fun factor, not enhanced it. For instance, did all the Uncharteds on Crushing. And while they were manageable, it is not fun whatsoever when every single firefight turns into: Duck behind cover > Pop out to let off a bullet or 2 > Remain behind cover for 10+ seconds to heal because that 1 second out of cover nearly killed you > Pop out and let off a bullet or 2 > Wash rinse repeat.

It especially ruins games like that because the entire fucking point is you’re sposed to be an action movie-like all out badass, and having to play like a pussy ass coward the entire time ruins the entire momentum of that feeling.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    Funny you say that, I generally play on standard/normal difficulty through a game bht Uncharted, especially the remasters, were difficult on crushing but felt fair overall for me 

Blame streamer and social media culture for that. Now everyone wants to be sweaty in online multiplayer games. Everyone has to collect all trophies/achievements and play the game on the hardest difficulty just for internet bragging rights. Doesn’t help that the developers of these games encourage it too.  

NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    What’s your setup rn?
    GPU I grabbed the 4090 ASUS ROG Strix OC model which at the time was the absolute fastest 4090 available until ASUS themselves topped it wit the liquid metal version, but it’s $3,100 and not substantially quicker whatsoever. Few frame difference and it’s one of those things where it’s strictly enthusiast grade for someone that wants to literally be able to say that they own the absolute fastest one. But it definitely ain’t no $1,000+ difference. I also grabbed the ASUS because I did the all white build and the only few white 4090s were the ASUS and I wanna say the Gigabyte. ASUS has RGB tho and I’m also a sucker for that shit lmao. 

Full specs are:

Where did you get the 4090 from? Not trying to pay resale at all. I’ll wait it out for a restock. 

NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    What’s your setup rn?

Full specs are:

Where did you get the 4090 from? Not trying to pay resale at all. I’ll wait it out for a restock. 
    NewEgg and I saved a couple hundred cause it was open box. Completely brand new and everything was still sealed but I think the original branded box got crushed or something cause it came in a plain white box. Even had the collector’s pinky ring tho lmao. $300 off jus cause the cardboard was different.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    It was probably something that was shipped and then person backed out. They are going to reseal it regardless. Either way newegg is reputable and their customer service is fine so i wouldn't stress buying open box from there. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker

I like pain lol. 

But really for me not being great at games and him to be struggling with a game I breezed through that isn’t that dissimilar from the games he’s better than me at has been odd. 

I enjoy the souls style games because the fun for me is the challenge. Demons souls was a little fucked for me on one boss but spending hours to get through one boss and learning your way through is part of the fun for me and makes it way more exhilarating when you win. I relate it to soccer vs (American) football. Way less scoring happens but the build up makes it more exciting for each goal scored in football are exciting but it doesn’t feel like edge of your seat the entire time since there’s a lot more scoring going on. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    It was probably something that was shipped and then person backed out. They are going to reseal it regardless. Either way newegg is reputable and their customer service is fine so i wouldn't stress buying open box from there. 
    Yeah I don’t mind open box as long as i can return it. Not trying to pay a nigga 2500 for a GPU when I can get an open box for less

Yea I was jus about to say simply lower the fucking difficulty lmao. MC said he plays every single game on the hardest difficulty and I have no clue why anyone would consistently do that to themselves. There’s no real pride or satisfaction in it, especially considering that most games highest difficulties are very blatantly not fully playtested and border on being straight up fucking broken. Jus slide all the sliders to 110 and make everything a sponge and you a one hit pussy and call it a day. Cause they know 90% or more will play on Normal/Medium so that’s all they give a fuck about and put effort into. 

I’ve only ever done it when a playthrough on the hardest difficulty is necessary for the Platinum, and even then I’m very selective and if it is straight up disgustingly rage inducingly impossible, I am not doing it. And every single one that I have completed, it has ruined the fun factor, not enhanced it. For instance, did all the Uncharteds on Crushing. And while they were manageable, it is not fun whatsoever when every single firefight turns into: Duck behind cover > Pop out to let off a bullet or 2 > Remain behind cover for 10+ seconds to heal because that 1 second out of cover nearly killed you > Pop out and let off a bullet or 2 > Wash rinse repeat.

It especially ruins games like that because the entire fucking point is you’re sposed to be an action movie-like all out badass, and having to play like a pussy ass coward the entire time ruins the entire momentum of that feeling.
    I play on the hardest difficulties because it forces you to actually learn the mechanics of a game in and out. It really helps showcase when a game is actually well made vs when its a broken piece of shit, and I feel like I get the most out of a game that way. Playing on easy mode isnt satisfying to me, I enjoy the challenge games provide. But the downside is when a game's mechanics arent super tight, they fall apart on higher difficulties. 
    or those difficulties were intended for the game the way it was designed, and the difficulty level is the flaw lol. 
    or those difficulties were intended for the game the way it was designed, and the difficulty level is the flaw lol. 
    That's a sign of bad mechanics imo

Good games are balanced with the hardest difficulties in mind, not including bullshit challenge difficulties
    edited December 2023
    you never beat LOU on grounded so your opinion on hard games doesnt matter anyways. 
    Gameplay for the new Wolverine game got leaked

you never beat LOU on grounded so your opinion on hard games doesnt matter anyways. 
    I beat it on whatever the hardest difficulty on PS3 was