Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    yeah i should mention that was the PC version for me. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    I have it on Series X

Only half the game is on the disc :| 

Both this and Hogwarts did that this year. Pretty retarded. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    i nread that the game launched as an extraction shooter. Thats the last i heard about it but it was only like  week ago lmaoooo
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Fully beat Wonder last night, 100% completion. Final level was fucking disgusting and almost ruined my enjoyment of the entire playthrough. Challenge level and optional sure, but at that point you damn near feel obligated to do it after getting 100% on the rest of the game. Took 3 hours of replays and it was so jarring because the entire rest of the game (Other than the other special world levels, but even those weren’t nearly as bad.) was so relaxing and constantly put a smile on your face, and then it jus cranks all the way up to Cuphead/SMB level punishment. It has like 13 sections and each section cycles you to a new badge/power-up to get thru it. It gives you a checkpoint every 3 sections and even that didn’t feel like enough, but if it had none and required an entire start to finish gauntlet run, I straight up would have left the game at 99%. And I used Yoshi who can’t take any hit damage and it was still complete garbage so it wasn’t much of a help. To top it off, the final section makes you invisible and requires extremely precise jumping, so I ended up putting tape on the screen because you stay at a fixed point on the axis, so the tape let me see where I was at. That’s straight up horrible design when I have to do some external shit like that. Fuck whoever designed that dogshit level and their entire family line.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    edited December 2023

Pass the god damn butter.
    🤣 I ain’t old doe.
    How the turns have tabled. 

Being old is a relative thing. You’re older now than most people were when they started here. You now have to worry about jobs and benefits and careers and shit. Old people shit. You survived cancer and you watch your diet. That’s classic old people shit. We were just talking about tax forms in the other thread a few days ago. Gold tier old people shit. Bro…, I don’t know how to tell you this, but you’re old now. 

If you don’t believe me check your hairline. 

Speak for yourself, hairline is right where it’s always been. Genetics actually on my side on that one. Grandpa died at 95 wit a full thick head of hair. Went white of course, but never balded. 🤘🏻
    I’ll never let the truth stand in the way of a good burn. 

Glad to hear it’s a fun game though. It’s been on my radar for a while. I might pick it up for the wife and I to play together. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    RIP E3. What a downfall 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don’t pay attention why is E3 dead 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i think it was dying off, and then covid really killed it. Im just posting from memory here, but i want to say it was probably going to die off anyways, but covid kind of accelerated it. 
    mrAPE said:
    I don’t pay attention why is E3 dead 
    Once the internet took off all the game developers realized they don't need E3, they can just make their own event or video to announce their games. And they can post it whenever they want so they're not fighting for press coverage like at E3 when everything is announced the same weekend. Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony have all dropped out of E3. 
    They also kept changing E3 between a fan event like comic con where anyone can go to a journalist/industry only event which killed a lot of the hype. Then like Rex said when covid hit they tried online only and there's just no point. 
    Ah okay so no real use for it anymore. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I know it’s the nostalgia but I miss E3 so fucking much. I used to get so hyped for that week and reading about all the upcoming new releases in magazines, watching the game trailers on a PS2 demo disc and watching G4 Tech TV’s coverage of it. The way shit gets rolled out these days ain’t the same. 

Yeah it was one of my favorite weeks of the year.
    I was usually on vacation somewhere and most the of the time it was Cedar Point so I always missed everything anyway