Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Also, yall ever use Kinguin? It’s a gray market type thing like CDKeys but from what I’ve seen, they seem to overall have better prices. Completely legit Steam keys tho as long as you don’t have a weird morality issue wit the whole gray market thing itself lol. Got Crisis Core Reunion for $35 and the entire BioShock collection for $5 today lol. Will end up buying Windows for the build on there as well, can get the $200 Windows 11 Professional for $30 on there lmao.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I use gg.deals to find all my pc game deals

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah i use kinguin all the time when im trying to save a few bucks on older releases. 

IDC about the moral thing with it really. i figure if the game has been out a while who cares. Never done me wrong. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited September 2023
    Got my PS5 remote play working on my phone with the PSPlay app, was outputting at 540p at 60fps with little to no latency/lag, and played with my Kishi, so Im happy. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Now that I got my Xbox Series X (thanks Erik), my next big game purchases are going to be an Analogue Pocket, and a Polymega. 
    Wot
    edited September 2023
    Beat Pikmin 4 last night. FANTASTIC game and easily the best in the series, and also a legit top 5 of the year and extremely slept on. What I didn’t expect was how Goddamn long it was. Entire playthrough clocked in at 47 hours. Granted that was for all side content as well since I 100 percented it, but still. And that’s technically not even a full blown completionist 100%, because that would have included also replaying all the Dandori challenges and getting Platinum in all of them, which could have easily turned this into a 60+ hour playthrough. 9.5/10

Next emulation/side game up is FINALLY experiencing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Ally. Last 3D Mario I never played. Got a 4K mod installed and ready to go. 🙏🏻
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Got the platinum in God Of War Ragnarok 
    Tried to watch a movie on the Ally in docked mode, shit would not display to my TV. Kept saying “USB not recognized, USB device malfunctioned.” Or some shit like that. Spent like 45 minutes running troubleshooters, checking drivers, plugging other devices into the cord to make sure the cord didn’t go bad, etc.. Nothing worked. Finally simply unplugged the entire docking brick from the surge protector, gave it 30 seconds, plugged it back in, boom, brand new. 😐

Why the fuck did I not do that first. Did all that bullshit for no reason smh.
    So the new iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max have 120Hz OLED displays, and 6 core GPUs that support ray tracing. The full blown console versions of Resident Evil 4 Remake and Assassin’s Creed Mirage will be coming out for it.

I’m obviously not switching over to iPhone for gaming purposes lmao, but that’s actually pretty fucking incredible considering the form factor. I’m on a 12 Pro and I’m upgrading this year. I usually wait 3 or so years anyways but my phone is on it’s last legs and it honestly shit the bed at the right time cause this year’s upgrade is pretty significant, plus they finally switched over to USB-C for charging. 

But the 6.7” OLED screen of the Pro Max combined wit that type of GPU means that it will actually be a very viable option for remote and cloud play. That’s almost Ally size at that rate.
    I'm kind of shocked how well the Ally runs starfield. 

It's only 1080p, but on the smaller screen I swear it looks every bit as good as on the series x. 

It preforms great on it too. 
    edited September 2023
    I’m already getting addicted to this PC building shit lmao. I kinda want to at some point down the line get an RX 7900 XTX and do an all AMD build as well. That Starfield model of it is fucking sexy. I would swap my 7950X3D over to that one and then use a 13900KS or whatever Intel’s top CPU is at that point for the 4090. Yes I realize this would be redundant and overkill lmao but it would jus be for the sport of it. Maybe keep one in my room and add one to the studio wit the Mac.
    Probably next year Im going to try and save and set aside $3000 for a PC build and buy whatever new Nvidia card is out
    I saw an article the other day that patents were filed for the 5000 series but who knows how far off those are.
    I can tell you that they aren't as far off as you think. These things move super fast. 

Probably their models for next year. 
    Cock on rock. 💯💯

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I can tell you that they aren't as far off as you think. These things move super fast. 

Probably their models for next year. 

It’s not uncommon for some brands to hold some stuff back when it come to performance. If you’re the top dog in your industry then you’ve probably already got something in the works to top whatever your flagship product is, so when the competition at he’s up or tops your flagship product with something better, then you drop the new shit on them. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    MK1 is dope af