Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    I mean for someone that doesn’t have an Ally already I guess it’s a valid option, but if that 20 TDP shit is true then that bigger screen cancels out and it’s not even an equivalent tbh, let alone an improvement/upgrade.
    Looks like it’s 25 watts. Still lower than all of the other 7840U handhelds around that size. Very baffling because that handheld should have better cooling. I’ll need to watch more videos and read more before I make a decision on if I want it in the collection or not. 

Most people have said their is diminishing returns with anything over 20 watts, but my experience is you don't necessarily get more frames, but better stability with more wattage. 

I've been overlooking and playing starfield in-between 30-47, anD after I installed the ultra stability mod it made the game function well on ultra settings. Only play i get a slow down is in the games main city so I turned the crowd density down, but it's mind blowing to me this thing is playing it on ultra for me. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Flagrant foul on the field lmfao.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Gonna wait for the 8000 series at this point. It’s right around the corner. 

in b4 the switch 2 drops at $699 lol
    So brief impressions of starfield are pretty good. IM about 15 hours in now and just got my first new ship. 

A lof of people complain about all the fast travel/loading screens, but this doesn't bother me at all. I actually kind of enjoy it because it makes wrapping up tasks easier as i can just fast travel there.

The combat and missions are great though. I did a side mission last night, and after 2 hours i was rewarded with a legendary spacesuit and a Class A ship, which fucking rules. 

There are some valid criticisms of the game, but overall, i feel like if you like the other RPG's they have done, you will love starfield. It really grows as you play it. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

Damn this years COD Halloween skins are fucking dope. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    edited September 2023
    ***NO SPOILERS** Finished God Of War: Ragnarok. Holy fuck what a fantastic game. Ragnarok accomplishes in the first two hours what the first game couldn’t in 40. The story is told spectacularly and you really feel that sense of dread and impending doom. I loved that every character wrestled with whether or not to unleash Ragnarok each for a completely different reason. It never feels like it’s moving too fast or too slow, the pacing is excellent and when the moment finally comes holy shit is it glorious. 
          Despite bitching about Atreus earlier he has a really nice arc throughout and his and Kratos’ relationship honestly hit me in the feels quite a few times through the game. Honestly, all of the characters were fleshed out really well, Kratos especially I’ll go as far as saying this is my favorite iteration of the character. The way they humanize him through the course of the game and through his relationship with Atreus was *chef’s kiss*
        I loved Asgard’s design and I felt that they nailed every single characterization of the respective Asgardians. With Thor and the MCU being as popular as it was, I thought it was gonna play to more of the attributes that have become mainstream and well liked about these characters but they did a phenomenal job differentiating them, especially Thor and Thrud. With the exception of Odin, they’re not even really villains. 
      The new realms as well as the returning realms are lush and gorgeous and overflowing with detail. I cant and will never tire of exploring this world. Traversal was made more fluid as well so I didn’t find myself getting lost or confused as often as I did during the first. 
      Enemy variety/variation is also so much better and I was scared that they wouldn’t top the Valkyrie fights (my favorite thing from the previous game) but the Berserker Souls were an excellent counterpart. Combat has also been improved significantly there is way more shit at your disposal and that’s not even counting the new weapon. I loved my time with this game and might go back to clean up for a platinum because it’s endlessly fun to dick around in this world. Also, ngl that main death hit the feels like a freight train. 8.5/10

Post edited by Dime2 on
    Houston, we're about to lift off before we lift off, if ya know what I'm saying. 
    But then again my names Mohammed or some shit not Houston 
    What’s my name again?
    organizer of sin
    i was playing starfield last night, and i must have hurt myself or something but i noticed i had a debuff going on, and it was for joint pain. 

it was only active when i was crouching. 

The game knows im getting old. 
    UFC 5 is rated M for mature. I’m hyped af

Hopefully it's better than 4. 

2 &3 were my jam but I hated the grappling in 4
    AMD made sure they had those optimized 7840U drivers out for Starfield. About to test

Yeah no doubt. 

There's an ini file on nexus that you can drop into the directory and you can run on ultra and get a solid 30 everywhere. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Build is almost done, jus copped:

It’s so close I can taste it. 😤 All I need is the case and RAM, which I’m ordering within the week as well, and then finally the AIO/additional fans and that will be everything. October is for sure the finish line. 🤘🏻