Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah definitely. Skyrim improved on a lot of things, but not enough people talk about oblivion. I think think I actually prefer it to Skyrim. 

Skyrim Was more of a quality of life improvement more than a better game to me. 
    100% I think Skyrim improved on the actual gameplay such as combat but they skimmed down a lot of the RPG elements.

Morrowind is fun AF but the graphics are so dated. It also had a minimal HUD and a lot of the quests would say shit like "walk west from here until you find a cave with flowers at the entrance" or some shit and it was super easy to get lost. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    yeah. they should have remade one of those instead of releasing gta i mean skyrim 10 times. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I just got the new GOG-Unity port of Daggerfall. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Almost done on The Wrath Of The Druids. Should be done tonight. It’s crazy cause as tired as I was feeling of Valhalla towards the end strictly due to the extreme length of it, the break away from it and coming back to it fresh made me realize I kinda missed this game, even as much as I played of it lmao. Prolly my favorite AC for sure. This DLC is more of the same from the base game, but it’s solid.
    Valhalla was definitely solid. I probably bought it on a sale so i got my worth out of it even though i didn't complete the main story line lol. I got pretty close.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,708 jayfacer
    Idk how the fuck you did that lmao. If I spend 70-80 hours on a game, I GOTTA finish it at that point otherwise that feels like such a massive waste of time.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Finally broke through to D3 in rocket league. I'm so close I can taste it
    Idk how the fuck you did that lmao. If I spend 70-80 hours on a game, I GOTTA finish it at that point otherwise that feels like such a massive waste of time.
    ive got some anxiety disorder. I know everyone does these days, but ive at least been diagnosed lol.

but anyways, anxiety can effect you in ways you dont realize. I get very ADD with games. Sometimes i spend more time deciding what to play than playing lol. Hell sometimes i just stare at my game library lmao.  Since elden ring brought my SP fire back, i have been going through and finishing stuff.

that game was so long though i kind of forgot what what going on in the story at like 70 hours and just gave no fucks lol
    Also, i kind of use gaming as a massive waste of time lol.  Work and family keeps me busy, when i get to wind down i dont really care if i finish a game. Its mostly about zoning out to me. 

I struggle finishing open world games lol
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    I game the most on my switch cause I can play it anywhere. Been trying to play more of these retro games that I own though. 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Picked up Pokémon Legends Arceus. Been super iffy on it. But I've played ever other game in this franchise so fuck it. 
    Also realized my 12 year old brother has been playing me. He's 12 so obviously broke so little fucker waits to buy games because we have the same interests as far as switch games and I don't own a switch....so he'll ask and see if I'm interested in a game he's interested in as well knowing full well I'm gonna buy the game and drive to moms to borrow his switch for a week then let him just keep the game after I'm done instead of trading it in or selling it lmao
    Should just call my Dad and tell him to expect a bill in the mail for some switch games 
    Dime2 said:
    Picked up Pokémon Legends Arceus. Been super iffy on it. But I've played ever other game in this franchise so fuck it. 
    its ok. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Also, i kind of use gaming as a massive waste of time lol.  Work and family keeps me busy, when i get to wind down i dont really care if i finish a game. Its mostly about zoning out to me. 

I struggle finishing open world games lol

I think this is why I’m so stuck on Binding of Isaac. It’s a 20-30 minute play through you have to do a fuck ton of times to unlock everything. I don’t game a lot anymore. Marathon sessions aren’t for me anymore. Sometimes it’s an hour tops. Usually less. If I do a massive story game, it’s spread on several weekends over a month or two. Gotta relearn the controls, what’s in the inventory, what mission you are on, where your going, what shit you’re trying to collect etc. Usually by the time I get back into the swing of things, my gaming time is up anyways. Fuck all that. Isaac run, 30 minutes, go do some other shit, come back later and get another run in. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah i pretty much play overwatch these days for the same reason. I can play for 10 minutes and be good or I can play for an hour or more if I have time. 
    I get about 30 mins-1 hour a day before work. I try after work, but Im usually so tired, I get maybe 15 minutes in before I fall asleep with the controller in my hands (usually the Switch while I'm in bed though). I've been reading a lot more too, so I'm not gaming as much at night. 

On my days off though, or weekends after work I do get a good few hours in. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Dime2 said:
    It's a lot of fun. A change of pace the series needed imo. What it does it does extremely well. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I've heard almost exclusively good things. I have about 850 Pokémon registered in Home (Going for a living dex challenge) Arceus has a decent amount of what I'm missing. The hunt is always fun. Won't really be able to play til the weekend because of work but the hype has been building