Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Beat Spiderman miles morales. I don't think I'm into the Spiderman games. I know they're well made n all but I just don't have fun playing them
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    They finally nerfed shotguns on Vanguard and it’s glorious lmao. Finally nobody is using them and lobbies went back to all automatics. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Only thing that sucks is that they kinda overnerfed them and made them useless, and I didn’t finish the camos for the shotguns. So now it’s about to be an annoying ass headache to get done. I really wish I got em finished before the nerf smh.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The 725 still shreks in MW with the right attachments post-nerf
    Jus finished the Halo Infinite campaign. Goddamn bro that shit was too good. Shooter of the year 2021 without a doubt. Both the campaign and multiplayer are A1. There’s nothing inherently wrong wit focusing on multiplayer, but it makes a world of difference when 100% is put into both the campaign and the multiplayer, instead of the campaign feeling tacked on like Vanguard, or skipping it altogether like Battlefield 2042. Makes it feel like a well rounded total package.

9/10 and the only reason it ain’t getting a perfect 10 is the fact that they rushed it and all the graphical issues. Graphics don’t make the game and this game is proof of that, but Goddamn this is honestly an ugly ass game at points and that extra effort and polish woulda sent this game to the fucking moon.

Enjoyed this enough that I’d damn near replace PsychoNauts 2 for the #2 spot on my top 5 of the year. That game’s sheer creativity is why I’m hesitant cause design like that is rare, but either way, it’s completely neck and neck.

Finished all campaign achievements except for beating all missions in 8 hours or less, and both beating the game on Legendary, and beating the game on Legendary, all skulls on. Played on Heroic. The speedrun is whatever and I could jus do a run on easy and mow shit down right quick, but if I do the LASO run, I’m waiting until they finally drop co-op and I’ll attempt it wit my boy. I absolutely am NOT doing that solo lmao.

Lastly, as much as I enjoy his reviews, I’m starting to doubt Angry Joe’s credibility after this game. I watched his review before playing the campaign, and without him spoiling anything, one of his gripes about the storyline was that it apparently barely continued the whole Cortana going rogue storyline from Halo 5, and that it was retconned in favor of new villains, and that you “kinda sorta hear about Cortana in the background”. I don’t know what the fuck he was smoking because while Atriox and all the other Brutes are introduced, Cortana is still very much the focus of the entire story, all the way to the end of the game. Even down to the fact that Cortana was working wit Atriox. Yes, the damage she caused AND her getting shut down was all off-screen and I do agree that that was a bad decision, but the entire Infinite storyline is focused on the aftermath of all her actions. She’s the focal point of damn near every cutscene. So I have no clue what the fuck he was talking about, acting like her story was relegated to audio logs and side quests smh.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    The zMP can be fun af but its not A1. Tons of dsync.

cheating is too easy. Fiesta on any map with vehicles is a fucking mess because the spawns are random. Good luck if someone gets a tank or the plane.

its in a good spot for a game thats been out for two months, but its not without its faults

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    New Pokémon >>>

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Jus finished the Halo Infinite campaign. Goddamn bro that shit was too good. Shooter of the year 2021 without a doubt. Both the campaign and multiplayer are A1. There’s nothing inherently wrong wit focusing on multiplayer, but it makes a world of difference when 100% is put into both the campaign and the multiplayer, instead of the campaign feeling tacked on like Vanguard, or skipping it altogether like Battlefield 2042. Makes it feel like a well rounded total package.

9/10 and the only reason it ain’t getting a perfect 10 is the fact that they rushed it and all the graphical issues. Graphics don’t make the game and this game is proof of that, but Goddamn this is honestly an ugly ass game at points and that extra effort and polish woulda sent this game to the fucking moon.

Enjoyed this enough that I’d damn near replace PsychoNauts 2 for the #2 spot on my top 5 of the year. That game’s sheer creativity is why I’m hesitant cause design like that is rare, but either way, it’s completely neck and neck.

Finished all campaign achievements except for beating all missions in 8 hours or less, and both beating the game on Legendary, and beating the game on Legendary, all skulls on. Played on Heroic. The speedrun is whatever and I could jus do a run on easy and mow shit down right quick, but if I do the LASO run, I’m waiting until they finally drop co-op and I’ll attempt it wit my boy. I absolutely am NOT doing that solo lmao.

Lastly, as much as I enjoy his reviews, I’m starting to doubt Angry Joe’s credibility after this game. I watched his review before playing the campaign, and without him spoiling anything, one of his gripes about the storyline was that it apparently barely continued the whole Cortana going rogue storyline from Halo 5, and that it was retconned in favor of new villains, and that you “kinda sorta hear about Cortana in the background”. I don’t know what the fuck he was smoking because while Atriox and all the other Brutes are introduced, Cortana is still very much the focus of the entire story, all the way to the end of the game. Even down to the fact that Cortana was working wit Atriox. Yes, the damage she caused AND her getting shut down was all off-screen and I do agree that that was a bad decision, but the entire Infinite storyline is focused on the aftermath of all her actions. She’s the focal point of damn near every cutscene. So I have no clue what the fuck he was talking about, acting like her story was relegated to audio logs and side quests smh.
    Nah, they completely abandoned story threads from Halo 4 and 5. There was no mention of the Prometheans, the Didact, the Warden, the Librarian, Blue team, Fireteam Osiris, Buck, Locke, Arbiter, the Covenant allies. 

They even left out stuff from Halo Wars 2, which established the Banished. There was no Isabelle, no Spirit of Fire, no Red Team, no Flood (oh yea spoiler alert, the Banished brought the Flood back in Wars 2). 

Btw, there's an extra cutscene at the end if you beat it on Legendary. Infinite has the easiest Legendary mode. It felt equal to how Heroic felt in the other games.  
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Found someone on Craigslist selling an Xbox for 550.
    Pretty much what it costs after taxes. So i messaged the guy yesterday and picked it up this morning
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Nah, they completely abandoned story threads from Halo 4 and 5. There was no mention of the Prometheans, the Didact, the Warden, the Librarian, Blue team, Fireteam Osiris, Buck, Locke, Arbiter, the Covenant allies. 

They even left out stuff from Halo Wars 2, which established the Banished. There was no Isabelle, no Spirit of Fire, no Red Team, no Flood (oh yea spoiler alert, the Banished brought the Flood back in Wars 2). 

Btw, there's an extra cutscene at the end if you beat it on Legendary. Infinite has the easiest Legendary mode. It felt equal to how Heroic felt in the other games.  
    While that may be true, Angry Joe didn’t mention any of that. He specifically said that the primary rogue Cortana storyline was “retconned” in favor of Atriox and the Harbinger. And that is literally wrong. Cortana was still 100% the focal point of the plot. He made it sound as if Infinite was hardly even a direct sequel to 5 and more of a soft reboot.

And to be fair, not a lot of people played Halo Wars since it’s an RTS lol. So I’m not surprised they dropped storylines from those games. Although, nothing major should have happened in the first place in those games for that reason.
    Will be a while til I even get to it since I’m still knocking out my backlog, but copped Pokemon Legends Arceus today. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
    edited January 2022
    The zMP can be fun af but its not A1. Tons of dsync.

cheating is too easy. Fiesta on any map with vehicles is a fucking mess because the spawns are random. Good luck if someone gets a tank or the plane.

its in a good spot for a game thats been out for two months, but its not without its faults

Honestly that mode is a complete dice roll as a whole depending on what weapons it gives you. I went 19-1 one time because I kept getting nothing but Energy Swords and SPNKRs lmao. And then you’ll get a dogshit game where it gives you nothing but Plasma Pistols smh.

And I haven’t really encountered cheaters. Definitely been some suspicious ass games but it’s only happened a few times.

Honestly, the multiplayer’s biggest fault atm is lack of content. As I said already, it desperately needs new maps because there’s only 6 normal maps and then the 4 Big Team Battle maps. But it’s insanely addicting even wit the minimal maps at the moment.
    Agreed about legendary being easier than most if the others, but normal is way harder than in the others too lol. It's like the difficulties dont differ as greatly as they did before because I turned it up to legendary from normal for shits and gigs but it felt largely similar

While that may be true, Angry Joe didn’t mention any of that. He specifically said that the primary rogue Cortana storyline was “retconned” in favor of Atriox and the Harbinger. And that is literally wrong. Cortana was still 100% the focal point of the plot. He made it sound as if Infinite was hardly even a direct sequel to 5 and more of a soft reboot.

And to be fair, not a lot of people played Halo Wars since it’s an RTS lol. So I’m not surprised they dropped storylines from those games. Although, nothing major should have happened in the first place in those games for that reason.
    Yea its weird, Infinite definitely feels more like a follow up to Halo Wars 2 instead of 4 and 5. 

I really recommend at least watching the cutscenes from Wars 2 because they're badass

Yea its weird, Infinite definitely feels more like a follow up to Halo Wars 2 instead of 4 and 5. 

I really recommend at least watching the cutscenes from Wars 2 because they're badass
    I always wanted to at least try Halo Wars, but the fact it’s an RTS always strays me away. Never really got into those and similar games/genres. Same reason I never played Gears Tactics and Mario + Rabbids is the only Mario game I haven’t played. But yea I’ll have to check out the cutscenes.
    Finally started Far Cry 6 since I finished Infinite.

I always wanted to at least try Halo Wars, but the fact it’s an RTS always strays me away. Never really got into those and similar games/genres. Same reason I never played Gears Tactics and Mario + Rabbids is the only Mario game I haven’t played. But yea I’ll have to check out the cutscenes.
    Its suuuuper simplified for a RTS. 
    God damn the soundtrack in horizon 5 sucks compared to 4
    Been playing the Demons Souls remake. I absolutely loved the original, and am very happy the remake is nearly 1:1 with the original. Of course I dont pay for PSN so Im not experiencing the rejuvinated online lol. But its still good. 

Its a shame Dark Souls never quite hit like Demons Souls did, for me. But I think Im going to play through them, and actually finish the first one (and Bloodbourne) once Im finished with Demons Souls. 
    Those bastards

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Those bastards

That's the original voice actress doe