Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    That Spotify thru Xbox feature is fucking crazy for FH5 lmao. Remembered about it so I tried it and that shit is a gamechanger on that game compared to using the in game radio. Got high as fuck, threw that new Tory Lanez album on and smoked mfs along to the entire album. That shit was an experience lmao. It works a lot better on Xbox than PS5 cause on PS5, you need to shut the whole game down to go back to Spotify, so changing albums/artists/songs is a hassle. On Xbox you can go back and forth and keep them both open.
    Also, I’m somehow playing online on Vanguard without a PlayStation Plus subscription and I’m tryna figure out how lmao. I got a 12 month card for Christmas last year as well, so I knew my subscription ended either on Christmas Day, or right around it this year. So I was waiting for that before I activated the new one, only to realize that it ended exactly on Christmas Day and I been playing for 2 days on an inactive subscription. Cause I have auto renew off and the “+” is gone from my name, so it’s definitely expired. Vanguard had a free to play weekend for everybody, but that was from the 16th to the 21st only, and it wasn’t extended as far as I know. So I have literally zero clue how I’m even allowed to play online rn lmao.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    That Spotify thru Xbox feature is fucking crazy for FH5 lmao. Remembered about it so I tried it and that shit is a gamechanger on that game compared to using the in game radio. Got high as fuck, threw that new Tory Lanez album on and smoked mfs along to the entire album. That shit was an experience lmao. It works a lot better on Xbox than PS5 cause on PS5, you need to shut the whole game down to go back to Spotify, so changing albums/artists/songs is a hassle. On Xbox you can go back and forth and keep them both open.
    I think you can still use your phone as a Spotify controller on PS like Xbox, no?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Was gonna say use the app on the phone for Ps5 lol.
    Xeno said:
    I think you can still use your phone as a Spotify controller on PS like Xbox, no?
    How? For Xbox, it immediately paired and showed “Spotify For Xbox” on my phone, but I never got that for PS5, only lets me control it on the console.
    Yea definitely bout to be a second before I top this lmfao. I drop 10+ killstreaks on a regular basis on COD but it’s a completely different ballgame on Halo.

edited December 2021
    Nvm, figured out the Spotify shit. I think I might officially switch over to Spotify from Apple Music. I pay for Apple Music but I been using the free version of Spotify that has ads on the consoles. I was already considering making the switch, but this kinda sealed the deal because Xbox has no Apple Music support, so the only one that’s universal is Spotify. And even on PS5, you can’t control AM from your phone, it needs to be done on the console app. And Spotify has lyrics now so it’s not even lacking that anymore. Plus, the Wrapped thing is definitely a nice bonus. Apple started their “Replay” version of it, but it’s nowhere near as in depth and detailed as Wrapped is. And AM pissed me off because they added that Dolby Atmos bullshit to everything without the option to turn it off. It sounds good on good headphones or monitors, but when you casually play it from your phone speakers, it jus sounds drowned in reverb and nothing like what the mix is supposed to naturally sound like. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Im getting free Youtube Music with the Vanced app
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Man i wish i would have waited on the second ps5 controller. That purple is fire
    I really like Big Team Battle on Infinite, which is weird, because I usually can’t stand big map anything. I think the difference here is that it still forces you to engage in man to man firefights, whereas in shit like Battlefield and COD, you jus get camped by snipers the whole game. Sure, there’s snipers here, but since they’re power weapons and spawn infrequently, it’s a lot less common of a problem.
    I really want you to try Quake
    Any one else play guardians of the galaxy yet? Its top notch. Surprised it didn’t get more mention in GOTY talk. 

Only thing that sucks is it caps at 30 fps
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Yeah, got the platinum too. 4k mode is pretty smooth for 30fps. It's the best way to play it
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Yeah they added ray tracing recently. 
    man i am trying hard to enjoy the halo campaign, but it has been super buggy for me. Which is weird because i have other friends who haven't had the same problem. By far the most annoying bug is the infinite falling one. 

I have this issue where i drove off a cliff, and when you do that halo just respawns you. Problem is they didn't set the respawn as far enough in the past. So you literally just respawn falling off the cliff. I let it sit for about 20 minutes yesterday and it was just me falling off a cliff over and over again lol. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Havent run into any big bugs and I'm playing on an og
    Im just going to stick to MP. Its pretty solid. Ive gotten good with the shock rifle and that thing is a beast. 
    Anyone here fuck with retro clone consoles? My NES and Genesis are starting to go bad, and I'm sick of needing to keep repairing them. 

Any good but affordable clone consoles you know of? The Retro AVS and Mini NT look like good NES replacements, but they're so expensive. The NT is more than a PS5 right now
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Look into the Retrons