Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Damn Xbox kinda won this year. Halo, Forza, and PsychoNauts 2 are all slam fucking dunks. Of course PS5 has GOTY wit Ratchet And Clank, but that’s still 3 to 1. And Deathloop and Returnal ain’t my typa thing. In any case tho, they came hard as fuck as far as exclusives this year, which they been severely lacking lately.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Y'all turn off all that post processing stuff right?
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Interesting. That makes sense. 
    Y'all turn off all that post processing stuff right?
    I haven’t really had time to sit down with the settings yet. Planning to do this tonight. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    Just beat Metroid Fusion that game was hard af

Copped farcry 6 last night since it was on sale and I haven’t played a farcry since 3/4. Just looking to start some chaos lol
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Played Halo's campaign for a few hours yesterday. I officially kinda hate the open world. It's tedious padding. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Copped farcry 6 last night since it was on sale and I haven’t played a farcry since 3/4. Just looking to start some chaos lol
    I wish the co-op was cross play

Even bigger bullshit is that MCC is cross play, but not for co-op campaign
    Apparently there’s a glitch to run the co op campaign on Halo but only works on an Xbox one

NOCAP said:
    Apparently there’s a glitch to run the co op campaign on Halo but only works on an Xbox one
    What do you mean? To make it do cross play between Xbox and PC?
    Xeno said:
    NOCAP said:
    Theres no co-op in Infinite yet 
    Xeno said:
    NOCAP said:
    Co-op isn’t supposed to come till May. Someone found it hidden in a glitch but only works on an Xbox one

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited December 2021
    GameStop has buy 5 get 50% off on games under 20.
    Spiderman MM - 10
    Resi village - 10
    Ass creed valhalla- 7
    Plus I got a couple others i wanted to try out
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    I think they sped up the battle pass progression on Infinite in the updates. Idk how slow it was at the beginning since I initially dropped the game, but I jus went from 12 to 19 in about a 4 hour session. And that may still seem kinda slow, but when you consider that the season goes until May 2nd, it’s definitely reasonable. It moves pretty quick when you specifically go for the challenges, which mainly revolve around simply playing and winning different modes, so it never really becomes tedious. Idk, I don’t mind it at all. Actually, the only problem I have, is on the COD battle pass, throughout the 100 levels, you get multiple credits as rewards. So because of that, I only ever paid the $10 in real money the very first time I activated the season pass, and then each additional season was paid for by the points I earned thru the battle pass. On Halo, there’s no credits rewarded at all, only XP boosts, so I’ll have to actually pay again for the Season 2 battle pass. Minor gripe, but I wish that was an option on here.
    edited December 2021
    Eh it's still super slow for me. 

Also there's no personal rank, only the battle pass level - which is really stupid. They need to add personal rank and stats. I dont, and refuse, to pay for the battle pass. I dont care about the cosmetics, but I wish I had a personal rank to show some sort of progress for myself. 

Also having the XP tied to challenges is awful, because people get so caught up in doing their challenges that they dont actually play the game. They ignore objectives, camp guns, dont care about actually playing the game. 

The challenge swaps are super predatory too. Getting people to constantly spend money on the challenge swaps because people get challeneges for modes they dont like, or weapons they never use. Whole thing reeks of mobile game. 
    After many hours of the campaign, the open world never gets better. The actual main story levels are great. When they actually design a level it feels perfect, and like Halo. 

But every aspect of the open world is just "go here, kill this guy, liberate this camp". After the 20th time doing it, I'm just like "can this be over now?" 

Also, maybe Im in the minority here, but open world travelling isnt fun to me. I dont enjoy meandering through an empty open environment just going from objective to objective anyway. Open worlds are ass. 

Getting the Wasp helps, as you can just fuck everything up quick from the air. But the side objectives are nothing more than tedious, boring padding. They could have halved the game, and focused more on the actually hand crafted level stuff shown in the main objectives, and it would have been perfect. The gunplay is near perfect, I just wish there were more guns. 

It's a linear game that's pretending not to be, and its resulted in everything being streched out and empty
    After many hours of the campaign, the open world never gets better. The actual main story levels are great. When they actually design a level it feels perfect, and like Halo. 

But every aspect of the open world is just "go here, kill this guy, liberate this camp". After the 20th time doing it, I'm just like "can this be over now?" 

Also, maybe Im in the minority here, but open world travelling isnt fun to me. I dont enjoy meandering through an empty open environment just going from objective to objective anyway. Open worlds are ass. 

Getting the Wasp helps, as you can just fuck everything up quick from the air. But the side objectives are nothing more than tedious, boring padding. They could have halved the game, and focused more on the actually hand crafted level stuff shown in the main objectives, and it would have been perfect. The gunplay is near perfect, I just wish there were more guns. 

It's a linear game that's pretending not to be, and its resulted in everything being streched out and empty
    Nah most people agree with you. I'll probably like it though
    Most people i know loved it. Im onlt really past the tutorial. I’ll probably get down more when there is co-op
    Most people i know loved it. Im onlt really past the tutorial. I’ll probably get down more when there is co-op
    Co-op isnt coming for like another year