Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    I want to get to that too but my Switch backlog is huge and some of these games are massive lol. I just finished the Skyward Sword HD remaster. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Copped Vanguard let’s fuckin gooooo. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

I’m seein that the final game is night and day from the beta and that it plays stupid fast so I’m hype as fuck to try it. Bout to be on all weekend.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Yeah i played a little last night. It is fine lol.
    Movement shits on both CW and MW. This shit is cracked the fuck out. I love it.
    Already dropped a clean 75 piece. Jus beat my Cold War record cause my highest on there was 67. Yea it’s fuckin lit. 🔥🔥

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Finished Halo 4, making that the last of the 7 FPS Halos I needed to re/play before Infinite. Still dont love 4. 

Started Halo Wars. Im about halfway through it. Its SUPER simplified for a RTS, but Im having fun with it. 

Also started Ratchet And Clank: A Rift Apart. Its ok.

Still not sure how I feel about the PS5 controller. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I actually can’t believe how polished Vanguard is. Simply feels GREAT to play and I love how fast it is. It’s faster than both CW and MW and is straight up cracked out. I wasn’t even hype for this game like that even down to it being WW2, but Goddamn it plays great and I’m loving the maps so far too. Final product is night and day from the beta and I get that that’s the point of a beta, but it almost feels like the beta was a mistake, cause it already had people swearing off of the game. Personally I enjoyed it, but yea it was not an accurate representation of the final product at all. I love how final it feels too instead of a work in progress that needs patches. Literal only glitch I’ve seen so far is that the play of the game cuts off way too soon but other than that it’s been completely smooth sailing.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Its not even that great to look at lol. Its cool, but it is what is.

its a really lazy attempt at a new game. Im glad my game share buddy bought it, but its nothing amazing. The only cool thing they really did was finally make some of the environments destructible.

like yeah, it actually somewhat runs good at launch. Usually it takes a few updates/months. I guess thats saying something these days though. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They need to stop with the annual COD releases but I'll probably pick up Vanguard on sale and add to the problem
    Finished Halo 4, making that the last of the 7 FPS Halos I needed to re/play before Infinite. Still dont love 4. 

Started Halo Wars. Im about halfway through it. Its SUPER simplified for a RTS, but Im having fun with it. 

Yeah Halo Wars is super stripped down cuz it was made for console mainly but is fun as hell. Didn't like the second one though
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    I’ll pick up cod when it’s on sale but I have no interest to pay $70 for a game I already own from last year. SMT V next week doe :!!

Xeno said:

Yeah Halo Wars is super stripped down cuz it was made for console mainly but is fun as hell. Didn't like the second one though
    I really like the tech trees and that marines spawn in squads. Makes battles feel bigger. What was wrong with 2? I'll play through that one once I finish the first

its a really lazy attempt at a new game. Im glad my game share buddy bought it, but its nothing amazing. The only cool thing they really did was finally make some of the environments destructible.

like yeah, it actually somewhat runs good at launch. Usually it takes a few updates/months. I guess thats saying something these days though. 
    I didn’t even speak on the graphics. 😐 But graphically it’s fine. Looks about as good as Cold War if not a lil better. Not winning any graphics of the year awards but that’s irrelevant.

When it comes to COD and twitchy online FPSs in general, there’s nothing revolutionary that can be done at this point. Give me a fun, addicting, smooth experience that handles well and has great maps and design and I’m good. Vanguard delivers on all that.
    Xeno said:

I really like the tech trees and that marines spawn in squads. Makes battles feel bigger. What was wrong with 2? I'll play through that one once I finish the first
    It felt too different for me

Hypocritical, I know

I didn’t even speak on the graphics. 😐 But graphically it’s fine. Looks about as good as Cold War if not a lil better. Not winning any graphics of the year awards but that’s irrelevant.

When it comes to COD and twitchy online FPSs in general, there’s nothing revolutionary that can be done at this point. Give me a fun, addicting, smooth experience that handles well and has great maps and design and I’m good. Vanguard delivers on all that.
    Install Splitgate, scrub
    Been meaning to try that actually.

there’s nothing revolutionary that can be done at this point. 
    Laughs in Spaceflux
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am0Y4kH4Yfs
    But also like Xeno said, play Splitgate. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Got the platinum in scarlet nexus. I liked code vein better n that had one of the worst levels ever
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    Started Tales of Arise today. Holy shit is that game fantastic.