Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Which sucks because the MP is usually the part i like least about halo. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    We will see.... It still looks a bit too CoD-ish for me, in the vein of 4 and 5 vs 1, 2 and 3. I also hate the new gun sound design, like a lot. The old sounds are iconic, and it's a crime they haven't been present in a Halo game in a decade
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Id prefer it to be more like cod. The TTK i. Halo is atrocious 
    Id prefer it to be more like cod. The TTK i. Halo is atrocious 
    nah, let CoD be CoD and Halo be Halo. They were separate for a reason. 
    Also, coming from Quake, Halo's TTK is very short lol
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    So I'm playing thru scarlet nexus n half this game is legit just reading
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    I got a few hours left. I don’t even give af about the story anymore. 

Looks cool/fun to me but im still pretty sour they dont have coop at launch
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Actually pretty hype for Vanguard next Friday. Beta ended up bein pretty fun so I’m excited to see the rest of the maps and how the final game plays. Especially now that the Cold War grind is done. Prolly not grabbin Battlefield anymore. 
    Looks cool/fun to me but im still pretty sour they dont have coop at launch
    The open world is an absolutely terrible idea
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I disagree with almost all of that lol
    edited October 2021
    Xeno said:
    I disagree with almost all of that lol
    I just hate open world games, and don't think they work well for story experiences. I also don't think it will work well for a Halo type game where the combat emphasis has always been on swapping weapons constantly as you run out of ammo. What would be a point of side quests? Giving you a good weapon for you to throw away the next room? Is an upgrade system really worth having vs just being upgraded and having a focused, streamlined campaign experience?

There is nothing an open world could offer to the Halo experience that would benefit it vs just keeping levels focused sandboxes with deliberately placed weapons, vehicles, and enemies. 
    Missions from CE like Halo and The Silent Cartographer weren't streamlined my dude, they felt borderline open world for 2001
    They were open, but still had deliberately placed vehicles and weapons. It wasn't like you could take a Banshee from another level and then fly in and fuck everything up. Aside from that the level itself was still linear. It gave you options to tackling the objectives, but it was still one objective. There weren't side quests to distract you. 

Do you really want a Halo where you spend countless hours taking over outposts? Pointless side quests distracting from the main story? That sound awful to me. 

Again there is nothing an open world could provide to the Halo experience other than balancing and pacing issues. 
    Hype to try out that riders republic from ubisoft. Going to give the trial a run today. 

Lots of games out this week. 

Riders Republic
    Age of Empires 4
    Guardians of the galaxy. 
    They were open, but still had deliberately placed vehicles and weapons. It wasn't like you could take a Banshee from another level and then fly in and fuck everything up. Aside from that the level itself was still linear. It gave you options to tackling the objectives, but it was still one objective. There weren't side quests to distract you. 

Do you really want a Halo where you spend countless hours taking over outposts? Pointless side quests distracting from the main story? That sound awful to me. 

Again there is nothing an open world could provide to the Halo experience other than balancing and pacing issues. 
    Ill reserve judgement until I play it. You might be right, but I'll have fun anyways
    Xeno said:

Ill reserve judgement until I play it. You might be right, but I'll have fun anyways
    Yea Im still going to play it. It might be the best Halo since 3, which would be great. Just some concerns since we've seen similar games do similar things. 
    I should have said that is game pass