Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    NOCAP said:
    Steam deck :-?
    Im unimpressed tbh
    Of course you are

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited July 2021
    NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    Steam deck :-?
    Im unimpressed tbh
    Of course you are
    I mean they confirmed it'll only run games on medium/high at 720p, and it's more expensive than a Switch, almost twice the price if you want the most storage capacity, and the dock is an extra fee. You also don't get the benefit of a mouse and keyboard when playing handheld. And you can't upgrade it. It also runs a Linux based OS, so I wonder how games built for Windows will run on it, or how older games built for Dos/emulation will work. I know you can install other OS onto it, but how many people are going to put in the effort for that?

It's a cool piece of tech if you really don't want a desktop or gaming laptop, don't get me wrong. But a mid tier gaming laptop seems the better option to me. Especially when the Switch or Xbox Gamepass Mobile on your phone are much cheaper options. 

But we'll see if they show more, maybe it's actually awesome. But as of now, I think people are going to be disappointed. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    They said you don’t need to buy a dock if you have the cables. And it runs game pass too. It’s just a mini computer that’s built for gaming. I think it’ll be cool to have. Gonna try and reserve one today. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    New Zombies map on Cold War is fun as fuck.
    Grabbed Skyward Sword HD. Hype cause I never played the original so this is brand new to me.
    Same I sold my wii by the time that one came out. Hated Breath of the Wild but I’m sure I’ll love this. 

I need go get
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,587 spicy boy
    Started horizon zero dawn today. 
    Finished the main campaign on New Pokemon Snap. Finished at 14 hours cause I did some of the special request photos. Read that it can take 80+ hours to do all requests, max out research levels on all levels/maps, and to photograph all 200+ Pokemon in all 4 poses. Definitely not doing all that lol but I’m satisfied wit what I got out of the main quest. Nice charming relaxing game and definitely has it’s own separate vibe, for sure an acquired taste. Definitely prefer the main Pokemon games a lot more but this was a nice change of pace and it’s dope that they were actually able to make a game where you do nothing but take pictures enjoyable lmao. 8/10

Now to run thru Moss real quick and finally starting Ratchet & Clank after that. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Fuck i am hype to take some shrooms and play flight sim lmao
    It dropped on Xbox finally? Was gonna activate a month of XGP for that I been wanting to play it ever since it was PC exclusive lol. Might jus wait til next month cause I’m copping a month for Psychonauts 2 anyways.
    It dropped on Xbox finally? Was gonna activate a month of XGP for that I been wanting to play it ever since it was PC exclusive lol. Might jus wait til next month cause I’m copping a month for Psychonauts 2 anyways.
    I cant wait for Psychonauts 2
    It does next Tuesday. 
    Activision Blizzard dun fucked up
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited July 2021
    Got Gear.Club Unlimited on the switch cuz it was $2 and on vacation the switch is the only gaming I can get. Coming from the Forza Horizon games it's unbelievably easy even on the hardest difficulty. Wound up installing Bioshock Infinite too so I'm giving that a go. Played a chunk of the first one and wasn't a fan of the gameplay but enjoying it so far
    edited July 2021
    Xeno said:
    Got Gear.Club Unlimited on the switch cuz it was $2 and on vacation the switch is the only gaming I can get. Coming from the Forza Horizon games it's unbelievably easy even on the hardest difficulty. Wound up installing Bioshock Infinite too so I'm giving that a go. Played a chunk of the first one and wasn't a fan of the gameplay but enjoying it so far
    it took me two attempts of playing Bioshock to like it. First time I played it I thought it was horrible. Second time I played it, I liked it a lot. 

Infinite is my fav in the series though, really liked that one. 
    Yea Moss was a fucking TREAT. I said it before and I’ll say it again, but platformers were literally made for VR. You would think the best type of game for VR would be first person….anything, but in my experience, those never work quite as well and never feel as immersive as they try for. Something about platformers jus WORKS and clicks perfectly and Moss is no exception. This is definitely one of my absolute favorite VR experiences so far, and one that makes me grateful that I own VR, and also one that makes me wish more people had VR so that they could play this game cause it’s definitely getting slept on. 

The way each section of a level is laid out, it’s basically like a toy play set, where you guide a living breathing action figure thru it. The format would not have the kind of charm it has if it were non-VR, but in VR it works so fucking perfectly. The story itself is presented like a fantasy children’s book, so that combined wit the way the game is presented makes it feel like you’re playing the officially licensed play set based on the fairy tale lmao.

The bulk of gameplay is puzzle solving, not too heavy on combat encounters. Zelda-esque type puzzles to progress forward. Not nearly as complicated as Zelda puzzles, but similar in style and still a few that made me stop and think and couldn’t jus breeze thru. The combat itself was very basic but worked well for what it is since this isn’t a hack & slash. 

It is definitely extremely short tho and for that reason I’m happy I got it free during the Play At Home promotion. Took 8 hours flat to Platinum it. If I didn’t Platinum I woulda been done in 5-6. And if you jus blast thru the campaign and skip cutscenes, it can be finished in bout an hour.

Game did everything it was going for extremely well and delivered one of the most unique gaming experiences I’ve had that I definitely won’t forget. Only flaw for me is the length, but I’m happy to see Moss 2 got the green light and they’re promising it’s gonna be longer so I can’t wait for that. If you have VR, you need to play this. 10/10
    Now finally time for fucking Ratchet & Clank. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Loved R&C but im still pretty sour about a $70 price tag for a 10 hour game lol
    Loved R&C but im still pretty sour about a $70 price tag for a 10 hour game lol
    :| 

Length isnt a determinante for quality or value. Most of the best games are ~10-15 hours long