Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,587 spicy boy
    Did i say the quality sucked, bitch?

i said i dont want to pay $70 for a 10 hour game. Idc how good it is. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Loved R&C but im still pretty sour about a $70 price tag for a 10 hour game lol
    :| 

Length isnt a determinante for quality or value. Most of the best games are ~10-15 hours long
    Aaaaaand I still won't pay a full $70 for them, who said it had anything to do with quality
    I'll swoop up short and fun single player games years after release for the low and it's perfect
    Yeah i would have done that too, but this was pretty much the best looking game on either console right nwo, so i wanted to play it now lol. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Idk, I dont have a problem paying full price for games if they're good
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nah fuck a 10 hour campaign for 70 bucks.

Like Xeno said I'll play that shit in 2023 when it's 15 dollars. 
    Short games > long games 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Got an hour in on Ratchet & Clank and yea holy fuck this is the best looking game of all time up to this point. I jus realized that I never truly felt like I had a PS5 until now. 🤣 This truly looks next gen and sets that barrier on last gen graphics. My OLED doing it MAJOR justice too. Jesus Christ it literally looks like a Pixar movie both in gameplay and in cutscenes. That’s insane. I found myself almost mad that the intro is so fast and balls to the wall cause I wanted to jus stop and stare lol. Definitely got me thirsty to see more true next gen games that ain’t cross-gen ports. Horizon Forbidden West bout to end careers.
    They literally turned on the flex machine for this one got damn lmao.
    Yeah it looks incredible. It was like the first time i felt actually “next gen” with either console. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Short games > long games 
    Nah. Every memorable experience from the past few years has been a long game for me. Even indie shit like Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Banner Saga, etc. I'm not saying it has to be open world RPG but at least give me 25 to 30 hours to 100% the game 
    Short games > long games 
    Nah. Every memorable experience from the past few years has been a long game for me. Even indie shit like Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Banner Saga, etc. I'm not saying it has to be open world RPG but at least give me 25 to 30 hours to 100% the game 
    Hollow Knight is one of the exception games for me. I easily put 60 hours into that game. Kingdom Hearts is another I don't mind spending a lot of time playing. But most games I start to want to move on to the next thing at like the 20 ish hour mark. I never finish Bethesda games because of it. Only Souls game I've finished is Demon's Souls because that one was exceptionally good too. 

I'd prefer a shorter 10-15 hour experience, and if it's good I'll keep coming back to it. Like I've put 200 hours into Doom Eternal. That game is 15 hours long, but I keep coming back to. Or like I'd rather play God of War 3 through three times instead of God of War 2018 once. 
    Yeah it looks incredible. It was like the first time i felt actually “next gen” with either console. 
    For real. Makes sense tho considering it’s one of the few PS5 exclusive games we’ve gotten so far. Everything else has been cross-gen so naturally it’s jus not gonna look as good cause they have to accommodate the previous consoles as well.
    Short games > long games 
    You're making an argument where literally nobody was debating you on that point lmao

I still disagree but you're not getting my troll toll
    I feel like 20-30 hours is the sweet spot, leaning more on 30. Has enough length where you definitely feel like you got what you paid for, without getting too long and feeling tedious.
    Wit that said tho, being a gamer that plays such a wide variety of games as I do, I don’t really mind some of em being shorter. Ain’t tryna spend 30+ hours on every single game before I can move on to the next.
    Man the xbox’s quick resume absolutely shits on the ps5.

I do like the ps5 controller more though. Its smooth af. 
    Not even finished but Ratchet And Clank is game of the year and I don’t see anything beating it. Fucking perfection.
    If any of yall are on Twitch, follow me. Tryna hit 50 and get paid lol. I’ll follow back too.

Twitch.TV/TheOnlyEpisode