Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Get a PS2, they're cheap, or emulate on PC with PCSX2. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Im too lazy to emulate right now. Too much going on in my life. 

Im going to look for older consoles to collect once i buy a house and have a dedicated gaming room. 
    Im too lazy to emulate right now. Too much going on in my life. 

Im going to look for older consoles to collect once i buy a house and have a dedicated gaming room. 
    Join this group, great prices, people sell banger shit all the time, everyone is really nice, and generally is trustworthy

Game Junkies
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/231857867963155
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Finished Resident Evil Village. Overall it was a fun experience, but I’m mixed on it. My main issue is that it felt like it had no clue what it wanted to be. The first 2 houses/lairs (The castle and the dollhouse.) were their own separate thing entirely. The first half was legitimately a horror game, and the dollhouse especially was the game’s most genius moment and it’s when it took all your weapons away and made it completely tense. I never played P.T., but I’ve watched multiple playthroughs of it, and that’s exactly what the dollhouse reminded me of. Pure psychological horror. But then from the third boss forward, it gets progressively less and less scary and by time I was at the factory, I was sitting there like “Wait, is this the same eerie game that was legitimately catching me off guard wit the jump scares? Is this the same game that delivered a whole head trip as a level?”

By the end of the game, it legitimately goes full blown Call Of Duty, down to getting a tank, night vision goggles, and a laser to call in an air strike. Not kidding.

First half of the game, I was fascinated. Second half, it felt like a run of the mill action game. Really disappointing because it feels like they lost focus. It even shows in the pre-release marketing too. All that was shown was the castle and Lady Dimitrescu and the lycans, so people were led to believe it was going to be this more medieval Resident Evil focused around vampires and werewolves, when in reality it’s only the first part of the game and the rest of it is drastically different. There’s no way they could have marketed this that would have accurately depicted the entire game.

Graphically it wasn’t that great either. Facial models were amazing at certain points but overall a lot of the game looked stiff and details like grass and shit were PS3 tier. Playing on PS5 and I know it’s a port, not next gen exclusive, but Cold War is a port too and that looks fantastic on PS5.

Story was pretty solid tho and definitely had me intrigued on what the fuck was going on the whole time.

Took me bout 14 hours and that’s including doing all the treasures.

Overall, this is sadly a “What could have been” for me because of how far they went off the course. If the second half kept up what the first half was doing, we would potentially be looking at my favorite game of the year so far, but what we got was too generic and jus merely enjoyable. I wouldn’t even mind the tone change so much if the action half was done more interestingly and on par wit actual great action games and not like a bargain bin game.

7.5/10
    Jus copped the new Mario Golf. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Astros Playroom is amazing
    Astros Playroom is amazing
    GPU song made me shed a man tear.
    Told a dude on Cold War to kill himself, dude on my team was hypin it up and added in sayin “Yea you definitely needa commit that.” 

Idk why that shit was the funniest shit ever but it stuck and naturally we been telling everybody to simply “Commit that.” 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Last world of U Deluxe is makin me wanna commit that. Jesus Christ.
    Ps5 arrives tomorrow. Probably immediately cop Ratchet and clank and play through that. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I'm a gamepass bro now
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    FPS documentary is coming out. The trailer is HYPE as FUCK, and features Carpenter Brut 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZsaCYYX0w
    Finished U Deluxe. Got all star coins but used Nabbit (He’s invincible) for 4 of the levels in the last world. Fuck it I’m not bout to break a controller. Took bout 25 hours total. Overall enjoyable but the difficulty was a detriment and made it feel like a job, plus 2D Mario simply doesn’t hit like 3D Mario anymore. 7.5/10
    Bout to start New Pokemon Snap now.
    Bout to start New Pokemon Snap now.
    I need to finish this
    Fuck Pokemon Snap is so mf relaxing after U Deluxe I’ll tell you that much lmfao. Really liking this so far.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Played super luckys tale, celeste, doughnut county and minecraft dungeons. All off them worked really well on my phone. Minecraft dungeons had the best touch controls. Also played nier automata to test out a big boy game on gamepass. Was able to beat the prologue on normal but maaaan the touch controls suck. Stream quality was good and it had little to no lag. Gonna need to get a controller debating between a kishi or a 8bitdo Xbox controller 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Got to work from home today because walmart requires a signature for drop off. So its officially ps5 day boiiis
    Playing through astros playroom, and it seems to me that the adaptive triggers are pretty cool. Haptic feedback is fine, that that seems more cool than necessary to me. The triggers i can see being a big asset to this system though. 
    Just finished Downloading ratchet and clank. That $70 price tag was gay af but im hype.