Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Ill let you know what i hear
    idk that ill use it, but i got this e-mail from walmart today \m/
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Damn got that bitch $100 off lmao.
    PS5 controllers for $40 on Amazon Warehouse. Warehouse purchases are new products, but usually the packaging is fucked up so they can’t sell it as completely brand new. That’s how I got my Arctis Pros. Literally jus had a dent in one corner of the box so they were $50 off lmao but worked perfect. I damn near might cop a third controller at this price jus as a backup.

https://amzn.to/3fXdEm4
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Picked up sackboy and paper Mario for $30 each @ target. Thinking of returnal since it's $50 @ bestbuy
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    SMT V pre-orders dropped today. :-?
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Picked up sackboy and paper Mario for $30 each @ target. Thinking of returnal since it's $50 @ bestbuy
    Found a new copy of tokyo mirage sessions for $36 on ebay. Like everything I was interested in randomly was 50% off these past couple days.

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Forza Horizon 5 hype
    Got 3 worlds left on New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe, but it was getting me stupid fucking heated to the point that I threw my controller which I ain’t done in so damn long, so I started Resident Evil Village. Don’t like playing 2 campaigns at the same time usually, but NSMBUD has no story anyways, so it works.

Really liking Village. Has a great feel to it all the way around and the “What the fuck is going on” slow burn is delivered very well. Never feels slow and it literally went 0-100 real quick. My only issue is that what to do and where to go is really fucking cryptic and I don’t remember RE ever being like that. But maybe it changed on 7, never played 7. Only 2 hours in tho so we’ll see. I was blindly shooting at the vampire daughters for like 45 minutes then finally looked up how to kill them cause I had no clue. It’s not that they were hard and kept killing me….I literally had zero clue how to even hurt them lmfao.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    What levels of SM Deluxe are kicking your ass? Shit wasn’t THAT hard. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited June 2021
    What levels of SM Deluxe are kicking your ass? Shit wasn’t THAT hard. 
    Did you get all 3 star coins in each level? That’s what makes it stupid fucking hard on some of them. Was stuck for an hour on ONE of the coins which was what made me whip the controller.

Yes I know they’re optional. But without em, each level is literally 2 minutes max. So I figured I might as well.
    Yeah got em. 
    I did the play though it with my wife though. It made some parts easier, some parts were harder. She’s not that good lol.  Having someone jump in for a minute may help. You can exploit the bubble mechanics more, and the player grabbing the coin doesn’t have to survive with it if there is a second player. It is possible to grab them all solo though. I grabbed most of the ones we struggled with solo to avoid arguing with her about it lol. 
    Weird. I heard overall that co-op is harder and the other player jus gets in the way. But I can see how the bubble thing would help specifically for the coins, cause some of them are straight bullshit solo.

I don’t even wanna think about how bullshit world 9 is gonna be, considering it’s a post game bonus “challenge” world, when the base game shit is already bogus.
    I do like the game tho, but Goddamn I can only play it for so long at a time lmao.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy

Really liking Village. Has a great feel to it all the way around and the “What the fuck is going on” slow burn is delivered very well. Never feels slow and it literally went 0-100 real quick. My only issue is that what to do and where to go is really fucking cryptic and I don’t remember RE ever being like that. 
    Its really interesting you feel this way, because most RE fans are starting to turn really negative towards Village because of how easy and linear it is. RE WAS known for being cryptic and have complex puzzles, and Village's puzzles are litetally "solution in next room" kinds of things. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited June 2021

Really liking Village. Has a great feel to it all the way around and the “What the fuck is going on” slow burn is delivered very well. Never feels slow and it literally went 0-100 real quick. My only issue is that what to do and where to go is really fucking cryptic and I don’t remember RE ever being like that. 
    Its really interesting you feel this way, because most RE fans are starting to turn really negative towards Village because of how easy and linear it is. RE WAS known for being cryptic and have complex puzzles, and Village's puzzles are litetally "solution in next room" kinds of things. 
    I’m not the best source. I never played Resident Evil that much. I’ve only played 4 but never beat it, beat 5, and now playing 8. Never played the others. But I remember 4 and especially 5 being super action packed and I don’t remember much in the way of complex puzzles.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Ive actually never played any RE aside from part of 5. But I follow a lot of RE fans and reviewers and from what I gathered 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, and the 2 remake are very different from 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 3 remake. And most people prefer the older ones. But I also see a lot of people still like 4 in general. 

I honestly think 5 and 6 look best, because they just look ass bonkers. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The first Resident Evil is basically unbeatable unless you're following a walkthrough or you've tried and failed enough times to know what you're doing. Still a goddamn classic though and love it
    edited June 2021
    yeah, i definitely prefer 1/2/3 to all the others myself. I haven't played the last couple though.