Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    NOCAP said:
    NOCAP said:
    Bioshock Infinite’s story was garbage and it gets shit on for it. What the fuck are you talking about?
    In what world was that story garbage? 
    The story is one giant plot hole lol. Probably the most overrated triple A title. It literally killed the series. 
    Its not a plot hole at all. 

You're here hyping TLOU, I dont wanna hear you say shit about overrated 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited April 2021
    Found a copy of the persona 5 royal steel book for msrp. Picked it up since I saw prices started to creep up. Spent too much in the last week. 
    Picked up:
    Collection of mana
    Trials of mana
    Dragon quest XI S
    Kingdom hearts collection
    Hyperlight drifter special edition

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    I dont give a fuck what some limp dicked, awards shills thinks
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Also "realistic and sad" doesnt mean its a good story. Only story I agree is good there is MGS, and it makes no sense
    Bitch have you even played Horizon, Tsushima, or Red Dead 2? How can you say they don't have a good story? 
    I've played Horizon (well I played like 10 hours and dropped it because bored), and watched my brother play Tsushima and Red Dead 2. Yawn

Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

Also see: classic God Of War, Halo 1-3, Devil May Cry, etc 
    Mans said Conker’s Bad Fur Day hahahahahahaha.
    Yea cuz its amazing
    Yea sure, and it’s one of my favorites ever too, but STORY WISE you’re putting it top 3 of all time? It was literally standard children’s movie caliber except for more cussing. It was delivered well and it was funny, but that seriously feels like “Haha anything is better than TLOU.”
    Yea, its actually different and legitimately funny. Its creative as fuck, especially for the time, and no game has ever had such an out there hilarious story like this. The voice acting is great, and the delivery is funny as Hell. The world is unique. It's like interactive Ren and Stimpy. Thats why I think of it as one of the best of all time. They combined so many different tropes in creative ways that worked really well. They created a game that is still hilarious to this day. And it still had feels at the end when Berri died, and Conker is all depressed and angry at the end. 

I dont under stand why it seems like only the games with realistic, gritty, sob stories are taken seriously. That's my point. The Last of Us, is a generic as fuck zombie story. I dont feel anything for the characters. The world is boring. The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead, Left 4 Dead all told the same story better. You CAN tell a realistic, gritty, sob story and it can be good. I do really like Telltale's The Walking Dead, I cried when I finished that game, but there are so many GREAT stories in games that AREN'T realistic, gritty, sob stories, that people just brush off, and I don't understand why. 
    Did this dude just say left 4 dead told a story?
    NOCAP said:
    Bioshock Infinite’s story was garbage and it gets shit on for it. What the fuck are you talking about?
    Tf you on about?
    Xeno said:
    Also "realistic and sad" doesnt mean its a good story. Only story I agree is good there is MGS, and it makes no sense
    Bitch have you even played Horizon, Tsushima, or Red Dead 2? How can you say they don't have a good story? 
    I've played Horizon (well I played like 10 hours and dropped it because bored), and watched my brother play Tsushima and Red Dead 2. Yawn

Top 3 stories in gaming:

Conker's Bad Furday
    Warcraft 3
    Kingdom Hearts

All great games too

Also see: classic God Of War, Halo 1-3, Devil May Cry, etc 
    Mans said Conker’s Bad Fur Day hahahahahahaha.
    Yea cuz its amazing
    Yea sure, and it’s one of my favorites ever too, but STORY WISE you’re putting it top 3 of all time? It was literally standard children’s movie caliber except for more cussing. It was delivered well and it was funny, but that seriously feels like “Haha anything is better than TLOU.”
    Yea, its actually different and legitimately funny. Its creative as fuck, especially for the time, and no game has ever had such an out there hilarious story like this. The voice acting is great, and the delivery is funny as Hell. The world is unique. It's like interactive Ren and Stimpy. Thats why I think of it as one of the best of all time. They combined so many different tropes in creative ways that worked really well. They created a game that is still hilarious to this day. And it still had feels at the end when Berri died, and Conker is all depressed and angry at the end. 

I dont under stand why it seems like only the games with realistic, gritty, sob stories are taken seriously. That's my point. The Last of Us, is a generic as fuck zombie story. I dont feel anything for the characters. The world is boring. The Walking Dead, Day of the Dead, Left 4 Dead all told the same story better. You CAN tell a realistic, gritty, sob story and it can be good. I do really like Telltale's The Walking Dead, I cried when I finished that game, but there are so many GREAT stories in games that AREN'T realistic, gritty, sob stories, that people just brush off, and I don't understand why. 
    Did this dude just say left 4 dead told a story?
    It does :| 

You're immune, trying to get to an evac point. Bill dies. Same story as LOU but it's actually fun. 
    edited April 2021
    1) they're completely different styles of games
    2) left 4 dead's narrative barely exists, it's thrown in there simply as a launch point for the gameplay. Not saying that's a bad thing, and I know that's what you prefer, but saying the story is objectively better just because the game services your personal tastes is straight retarded
    Xeno said:
    2) left 4 dead's narrative barely exists, it's thrown in there simply as a launch point for the gameplay. Not saying that's a bad thing, and I know that's what you prefer, but saying the story is objectively better just because the game services your personal tastes is straight retarded
    Im not saying it's objectively better. I'm just saying LOU is generic af. Left 4 Dead's story is bad too, and barely there. I agree. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Jus copped New Pokemon Snap lehgoooo.
    Jus copped New Pokemon Snap lehgoooo.
    Same
    Activision killed Toys For Bob

RIP Spyro and Crash 
    Xeno said:
    Im not saying it's objectively better. I'm just saying LOU is generic af. Left 4 Dead's story is bad too, and barely there. I agree. 
    How is LOU more generic than L4D?
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Its not. But every treats LoU like its the second coming of Christ. And I dont understand why
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,279 mod
    Copped Returnal. Didn’t know GameStop had a one day try policy so that’s dope. 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Lmfao Kingdom Hearts? The game where precisely 51 different characters are all named Xehanort and Michael Mouse fights evil with a key sword? Best story? Shietttt 
    Yea. Again its creative, and different. Fantasy is good guys. Its convoluted, but epic as fuck, and great. Dont tell me you didnt get emotional after 3. 
     They definitely stuck the landing and I did get emotional and I personally like the story but its an objective cluster fuck of an affair lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Its not. But every treats LoU like its the second coming of Christ. And I dont understand why
    I'm not one to say that everything popular = good, but maybe you're just out of touch? 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Also bought Fire Emblem Three Houses. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    My game time is pretty much all BOTW now. I finally filled in the entire map, but I still have one more Divine Beast and the two big DLC quests to go.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Lmfao Kingdom Hearts? The game where precisely 51 different characters are all named Xehanort and Michael Mouse fights evil with a key sword? Best story? Shietttt 
    Yea. Again its creative, and different. Fantasy is good guys. Its convoluted, but epic as fuck, and great. Dont tell me you didnt get emotional after 3. 
     They definitely stuck the landing and I did get emotional and I personally like the story but its an objective cluster fuck of an affair lol
    Just like my relationship