Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Anyone who played, did you play with English or Japanese voiceover? I'm playing with Japanese which is dope I just wish the mouth movements were matched to the Japanese voices too but  I'm sure thats waaay too much work 

Maybe I’m the weird one but I went with the language I speak LOL. I’ve got a few things to wrap up but I’m basically ready to Kill the Khan next time I pick it up. 

Fucking beautiful game. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Anyone who played, did you play with English or Japanese voiceover? I'm playing with Japanese which is dope I just wish the mouth movements were matched to the Japanese voices too but  I'm sure thats waaay too much work 

Maybe I’m the weird one but I went with the language I speak LOL. I’ve got a few things to wrap up but I’m basically ready to Kill the Khan next time I pick it up. 

Fucking beautiful game. 
    Idk, this is the first game in awhile that I've truly bought into the world and setting rather than just running around to mission checkpoints and wrecking shit. The Japanese voices help with that imo. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,698 spicy boy

Fucking beautiful game. 
    Idk, this is the first game in awhile that I've truly bought into the world and setting rather than just running around to mission checkpoints and wrecking shit. 
    I dont think I've ever felt that lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Fucking beautiful game. 
    Idk, this is the first game in awhile that I've truly bought into the world and setting rather than just running around to mission checkpoints and wrecking shit. 
    Not even as a kid booting up Final Fantasy 7 or Kingdom Hearts? I'll admit it hasn't happened in a game for me since Fallout 3 or maybe Skyrim.

I think why Ghost did it for me is the Japanese voice acting is really good, and there is a minimal HUD to the point of almost being non existant. I never play single player vidya for long stretches of time anymore but I've been playing Ghost in 3 to 5 hour chunks all week

Fucking beautiful game. 
    Not even as a kid booting up Final Fantasy 7 or Kingdom Hearts? I'll admit it hasn't happened in a game for me since Fallout 3 or maybe Skyrim.

For these games Im more invested in the stories and characters moreso than the world itself. The "immersion" aspect of games comes hard to me. Probably because Im a very mechanics focused player. Role playing is actually kind of hard for me where I feel more like im playing with a character instead of as - like action figures instead of cosplay, if that makes sense? 

Closest thing I can remember in recent memory is like Bioshock with Rapture. And I try with New Vegas, but Im only ever able to play games like New Vegas for a few hours at a time before I feel the need to move on to something else. 

I have gaming ADD and I play so many games at one time Im never able to feel truly immersed. If you watched my top 10 video, I focus more on art direction and gameplay than I do story or world. Just how I am. 
    Nah that makes total sensed. I used to get immersed a lot as a kid but not so much as an adult, I'm the same as you.

Last games I can remember being fully immersed was Fallout 3 and GTA San Andreas. Walking out of the vault for the first time in Fallout 3 was a religious experience. It felt like you could do anything. 

Now i mostly play multiplayer games like Overwatch or PUBG or strategy games like Xcom or Age of Empires which aren't exactly immersive. And even games I enjoy like Shadow of Mordor or Uncharted dont feel immersive at all. I just enjoy it for the mechanics and the characters like you said. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    @Xeno

what did you think of Valhalla? You played through it yet?
    Started Sonic Adventure DX the other day, but with a mod that reverts it back to how it was on Dreamcast. Its so weird that the Dreamcast graphics look better than the remaster. 

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    End of an era. Goodbye metal folding chair
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    @Xeno

what did you think of Valhalla? You played through it yet?
    I enjoyed it but overall mixed feelings. Loved the characters and raiding, but some of my favorite game aspects from Odyssey and Origins were stripped down or missing. I had performance issues too but you wouldn't on XSX. The ending made me genuinely interested in the modern day plot too again, which I've been completely tuned out of since the Desmond days.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Damn, immortals is already $30
    Might get it now
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Damn, immortals is already $30
    Might get it now
    Where? And next gen?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Gamestop and yeah all systems
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket