Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Still ain't done that acid yet
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,566 spicy boy
    Dont wait till 2 am to take it lmao. 

Fuck that was weird af waking up to. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Just copped the 1TB game drive for the XSX from Best Buy. Seems like they’re the only site that have them available as of now. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,694 jayfacer
    Jus got the platinum on Destroy All Humans remake. As already mentioned, I absolutely adored the original games, so in that regard, it holds up very well. However, if I were to score it as a remake, I’d give it an 8/10. Only because the game is a complete 1/1 of the original, even down to flaws from the original, so it works against it. For instance, there were loading screens that no joke took almost a full minute. That’s inexcusable in a 2020 game and you would think performance upgrades like that would come along wit a remake. Graphics were nice but definitely could have been saucier for a 2020 game. And then there’s certain design flaws that still were never fixed. For instance, the boost button to stay “skating” wit the jets in your boots, is O. Jump is X. And obviously camera is right stick. This makes it to where you need to hold down boost during the race challenges, while constantly having to jump wit X, and hover by holding X, all wit the same finger you’re holding O down wit, all while being unable to touch the right stick. The last 2 races were virtually impossible because of this, until I found a workaround online, where you remap the O button to L2 in the actual PS4 settings. After doing this, the races were still hard, but I beat both in roughly 10 or less tries after that. That’s a complete design flaw, where choosing your own controls makes something that was damn near impossible, relatively easy in comparison. 

So yea overall there were definitely some disappointments that could have easily been fixed 15 years later as a remake instead of keeping everything the EXACT same, but it was a super dope trip down memory lane, and those games will always hold a special place for me.
    Now on to Avengers. Got about 2 hours into it yesterday. Hadn’t finished the challenges yet in DAH for the platinum, but they were infuriatingly hard and after 3 hours straight of them, I needed a break before finishing them, so I hopped into Avengers for a bit and started it. So now that that’s done, I can focus fully on Avengers.

I was overall legitimately loving the first 2 hours, but idk how downhill it goes. The opening A-Day mission was some of the most cinematic shit I played in a while, and legitimately felt like playing an MCU movie. But the top comment on the IGN review is “It’s like they spent years on the A-Day mission, and months on the rest of the game.”

So we’ll see how bad this nosedives lmao.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,679 spicy boy
    edited September 2020
    Been playing a shit ton of indie horror games. Trying to do a month of horror game videos for october

So far played through:

Doom 3, Doom 3 ROE, and Doom 3 Lost Missions
    10 different Siren Head games
    There Are Ghosts In These Stalls
    Death Flush
    Spookware
    The Haunted PS1 Demo Disc, and Eek 3
    The Dread X Collections
    Nekkrobox
    Make Sure It's Closed 

Still gotta play through Carrion, the new Dread X Collection once it's out, Bloom, the Peekaboo Collection, and if I have enough time to finish it again and review it The Last of Us. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,772 jayfacer
    About 11 hours into Chain Of Memories. Got past where I was stuck before (second Riku fight) and was stuck for about an hour on Vexen lol the Organization bits are so interesting its a shame the main game is so fucking monotonous.  Also, the card battle system still sucks major donkey balls
    Damn bruh Avengers is like “What Could Have Been: The Game”.

I now see that the bad reviews were not because the game was actually BAD, it’s far from that, but because it has all the pieces to be game of the fucking year, yet they completely missed the mark. It’s the definition of missed potential. What could have been an all time classic, ends up being a serviceable, good enough, average ass game, wit flashes of greatness.

I’m not done, I have like 5 missions left, but I’ve played enough to form an opinion on it.

The main problem is obviously the fact that they focused so hard on making this a multiplayer/GaaS game. Multiplayer obviously makes sense for the Avengers, and they could have tacked that on, but making it the focus, especially the GaaS aspect, makes zero sense. There’s too many points in even the campaign where it’s crystal clear that all they cared about was making it multiplayer. Including the fact that you have to wait in a “lobby” before each mission, even when you’re not connected online and not playing wit any other players or waiting for them to connect. On top of that, there’s a mission in the campaign that is essentially capture the flag, and was clearly meant for you to connect wit 3 other players for it.

It’s like they had no clue what they wanted to do wit the game. As I already stated, the game starts out wit A-Day, which is some of the most cinematic shit I’ve played in a while. It was on the same level as Insomniac Spider-Man. Then after that, it flip flops between tryna be a multiplayer game within the campaign, and displaying the multiplayer features, then suddenly bouncing back into being strongly narrative driven and momentarily looking like a campaign again. Some of the writing and acting was legitimately great. A lot of Ms. Marvel’s scenes are legitimately good. Hulk fighting Iron Man was an amazing scene. Shit like that. But it’s jus so inconsistent because they were directionless on this game.

If they focused and made this a focused 30-40 hour single player experience, and stayed in it’s lane like Spider-Man, and built on the momentum that A-Day starts the game wit, this could have been phenomenal. 

Something that also bothered me, and also obviously another huge missed opportunity, is since it’s the Avengers, you need one big main villain. Which in this case is MODOK. But from there they could have easily stretched it and made side missions out of each hero’s individual villains. Red Skull for Cap, Loki for Thor, etc. They briefly touched on this and gave false hope by introducing Abomination and having you fight him as Hulk, but it literally never goes further than that. After that it’s jus faceless robot after faceless robot and faceless AIM agent after faceless AIM agent until you get to MODOK. WHY would you not build on that?

Shit is the definition of a 6-7/10. What a damn shame because it could have been absolute greatness.
    Dime2 said:
    About 11 hours into Chain Of Memories. Got past where I was stuck before (second Riku fight) and was stuck for about an hour on Vexen lol the Organization bits are so interesting its a shame the main game is so fucking monotonous.  Also, the card battle system still sucks major donkey balls
    You're a Yugioh guy, how you hatin card games?
    Because there's no cool dragons or life points. 
    Also, having to fight this faggot Vexen again fml I'm stuck here
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,713 mod
    Got hooked on Persona 4 Golden this year thanks to buying it for the PS Vita on a whim. Unfortunate because I don't have the means to play 3 or 5. Hoping the PC port of Golden means Atlus will port the others.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Don't need to say anything more than Erik on Avengers.
    Give it a "Who asked for this (6)/10 "
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    If DmC2 was the DmC2 of the series. Then DmC3 really was the DmC3 of it 9/10

Started A Plague Tale last nite. 4 chapters in n im really digging it
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

DMC 3 is so fuckin good. Only 5 tops it. 
    Dime2 said:
    Also, having to fight this faggot Vexen again fml I'm stuck here
     After playing for a couple hours a day since I posted this and losing every time, I beat him a little while ago in one try. Riku fight 4 only took me a couple tries, I walloped Larxene in one go and Axel only took me two tries. Bought to go fight Marluxia and I'm predicting that its gonna suck dick. Never have I played a game where I absolutely love the story but despise the gameplay

DMC 3 is so fuckin good. Only 5 tops it. 
    Really? Haven't played any of the series but is 5 worth playing anyways?
    Got Crysis Remastered on xbox this past weekend. It feels clunky as hell I feel like it's completely built for keyboard/mouse not a controller
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,566 spicy boy
    Doom eternal is hitting gamepass oct 1