Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,693 spicy boy
    Been playing Carrion. It's lit. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,696 jayfacer
    edited October 2020
    Bro honestly FUCK Run It Bayou and No Dillo Dallying on Crash 4 (Basically one in the same, NDD is the remix/time travel version of Run It Bayou.)

That shit is one of the worst levels I’ve ever played in ANY game period, it was that bad.

That shit is jus bad design. I only got the 6 gems for it but I would rather kill myself than EVER attempt to grab a perfect relic on that and I’m glad I never have to play it or look at it ever again.

Spent 2 collective hours on what is essentially a quick 5 minute platforming level. 

The only way the surf part at the end is even possible (To grab all the boxes) is by cheesing it and surfing backwards, which isn’t even an official mechanic.

Jus terrible smh.

Honestly how hard they focused on tryna piss you off and being as hard as possible instead of jus a fun enjoyable platformer is what’s gonna knock points off of this for me. 

This is what Mario gets so fucking right cause at least it’s hardest parts are spread out and while they can still be maddening, they never end up feeling jus punishing and unfair. This instead feels like it sacrifices enjoyment for pure difficulty at points and that’s not a good combination. Even after beating it it didn’t feel like an accomplishment. Jus sick that I actually forced myself thru it.

Somebody on YouTube compared this game’s worst levels to the user created “Uber” levels on Super Mario Maker that are purposely created to be as hard as humanly possible and honestly that’s extremely accurate.
    However I do wanna give props to the “Off Beat” level. Design is on 1000 and is one of the best levels I’ve ever seen in a platformer. Timeless level imo.
    Also, while only a phone game, and I never play mobile, Among Us is fucking hilarious. Any of yall play?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,579 spicy boy
    its not just a phone game. its been on steam for a few years. Its just now gotten popular because streamers have picked it up and made it a hit. 

I have only played a few times. watched it streamed more. But its pretty cool. 
    edited October 2020
    Ayo @MarcTheFallen i need you to do some intel for me and figure out who will have more stock on launch day. 

Xbox claims there will be some available in stores so im planning to skip work and possibly line up in the middle of the night lol. 

Best buy
    gamestop

anywhere really
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,659 master of ceremonies
    Best But and Walmart are your best bets for that. All the stores have their allocation for launch day but it’s up to them if they want to do a second round of preorders or hold em all for launch day. GameStop usually has like 10 max on launch day so I wouldn’t even bother with them. Targets usually a dark horse people forget about they don’t get a lot either. 

End of the day Walmart is probably #1 and then Best Buy.
    I wish walmart was open at midnight still so i could get someone to sell me one then lol. 

I think im going to get there around like 3 am. They open at 7 here so i feel like thats enough time. 
    yeah, target us where i scored my one x when it launched. there were 2 left me and my buddy got. for the exact reason you described. 

I wont really be devastated if i can't find one for a few months, but i would like to play cyberpunk in all its glory. 
    only reason why i even considered gamestop is because they have a good trade in deal for the one X, and i don't really anticipate keeping mine. 
    If anyone can help me find Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse hardcopy for Switch, that doesnt cost me $300+, I'd love you forever. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,654 spicy boy
    Aight I guess I’ll go check lol
    Sell you my copy for $299
    FLAT said:
    Aight I guess I’ll go check lol
    Hobby shop bust. I’ll check some other places tomorrow. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited October 2020
    If anyone can help me find Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse hardcopy for Switch, that doesnt cost me $300+, I'd love you forever. 
    Limited Run is starting to ship out 7 sirens, so best buy should be getting some soon. Good luck with pirates curse
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Limited Run is starting to ship out 7 sirens, so best buy should be getting some soon. Good luck with pirates curse
    I checked Best Buy today, they told me they had no idea what I was talking about :/ 
    Im trying to finish my current play through of red dead 2. I onow what happens but i never really got all the way to the end because it was so damn long, but man my good friend exchanged lou 2 for ghost of tsunami. Very tempted to start but i have a big problem with starting games and not finishing them lol. So im trying to make it my goal to beat a SP before moving to the next. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ghost of Tsunami
    Its installing