Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,710 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Got some gamestop bucks to spend, any recommendations?
    Eyeing doom, nioh 2, animal crossing 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Just read through the Last of Us 2 leaks... what a  awful sounding game lmao. 
    What a fucking joke. 
    What the fuck is with your beef with Lou? 

Is it because naughty dog made a game that people enjoy more then uncharted? 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 
    Nah, Uncharted 4 sucked too. And Jak and Daxter was Naughty Dog's best series anyway.
    I just dont like LoU and its really really annoying how every sucks its dick as "tHe GrEaTeSt GaEm EvArR", when its the most mediocre, generic game I played on the PS3. Lair was better. Not to mention Sony has shifted all their first party games to fall in line with the "narrative driven cinematic experience" to try and capitalize off the LoU craze. 

uhhh this doesn't have anything to do with LOU. Its has more to do with Games becoming more popular than movies. Production companies see this and are trying to morph the two. It doesn't come from one games success 6 years ago.,
    It has literally everything to do with LoU. 

>before LoU, Sony's games are diverse and different from one another
    >LoU comes out, gets 10/10 praise from journos, makes a bunch of money
    >Sony: "heyyy, we want more of that"
    >Suddenly people want "narrative cinematic games", journos agree because they hate gameplay
    >All Sony games start looking more and more like LoU
    >God of War 2018, looks and plays like LoU
    >10/10 from journos, even though fans of old GoW are pissed.
    >Sony sees more $$$
    >Now all Sony games are the same but in a different setting

LoU's fault. 
    I played GoW and highly enjoyed it, including the story. I played it since the first GoW so only the lame asses got mad over the new GoW
    imageimage
    Doom 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Nioh 2, Animal Crossing, and then doom. Honestly wait till Doom is in the $30 bin since the replay value on that isn't there and the story is short. You will get more play time and bang for your buck with Nioh 2 and Animal Crossing. 
    Ky
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Nioh 2, Animal Crossing, and then doom. Honestly wait till Doom is in the $30 bin since the replay value on that isn't there and the story is short. You will get more play time and bang for your buck with Nioh 2 and Animal Crossing. 
    I was thinking on waiting on doom since I got the platinum in the first pretty quick. Worried about nioh cuz I just beat 1 n don't want to get burned out. Anyone play code vein or fist of the north star?
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    DEAD @ the flag. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    edited April 2020
    I’m dead lmao somehow the ‘73 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR is the best car in NFS Heat. And from what I’ve read, this has been the case since 2015 wit Payback. Developers must have a hard on for Porsche and that model cause there’s no way that thing smokes a McLaren or Pagani in real life.

Copped one and it legitimately is the best but to a super OP extent lmaooo. Basically puts the game on easy mode. It loses essentially zero speed on drifts lmao it’s not even fair. Sucks cause it definitely don’t look that dope but Goddamn is it fun to drive.

It does kinda suck tho because it creates a balancing problem where you almost can’t jus choose your favorite looking cars. Is this a problem in Forza or other recent racers? Haven’t played any in a long time.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    NFS making that Porsche the best in the game is a throwback to one of the first NFS games, Porsche Unleashed.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Ain’t read the leaks but if it’s like GOW they can keep it

edited April 2020
    But yeah, balancing is definitely a problem in other racers, because at the end of the day there's always going to be a car that outperforms all others just based on programming. I'd say the Forza Horizon 3 & 4 are the best I've seen in regards to you having complete control over your car's tuning and being able to change the qualifications of competing vehicles to directly compete with yours. You can progress through the games with a damn semi-truck if you want to. I'm sure on the top difficulties you need to choose the right car in each category to be able to compete for 1st place, but otherwise the game is good at letting you have fun with any damn car you want.
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Animal Crossing is the shit.

Also got Smash, Kart, and Mario Maker 2 on the way.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    get f13. It’s only $12 rn and it’s a fun multiplayer game

Picked up Black Ops 3 Zombie Chronicles bundle, and Crash Nitro Racing/Spyro trilogy in the ActiBlizzard sale
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    Im about 7-8 days in on AC and ots finally starting to open up. I can customize DIY stuff now. 

Just set up 3 different cross breed flower sections. 

Going to work on actually decorating my crib today and a few other things. This game is lit though. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    ugh i didn't buy anything from mable the first time i saw her, so she hasn't set up shop yet. I really need that so i can start downloading peoples custom designs. 

I bought a record player today, and i had planned to hang some album covers on the wall =))
    Mable just moved in today for me. My RNG is ass lol