Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,710 spicy boy
    edited April 2020
    Also if you spoil anything ill kill you.
    I wasnt going to. But talk to Todd 👀
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    Just in case my guess is right. I ain’t trolling that one. 
    Good guess 👀👀
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    Just read through the Last of Us 2 leaks... what a  awful sounding game lmao. 
    What a fucking joke. 
    What the fuck is with your beef with Lou? 

Is it because naughty dog made a game that people enjoy more then uncharted? 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 
    Nah, Uncharted 4 sucked too. And Jak and Daxter was Naughty Dog's best series anyway.
    I just dont like LoU and its really really annoying how every sucks its dick as "tHe GrEaTeSt GaEm EvArR", when its the most mediocre, generic game I played on the PS3. Lair was better. Not to mention Sony has shifted all their first party games to fall in line with the "narrative driven cinematic experience" to try and capitalize off the LoU craze. 

uhhh this doesn't have anything to do with LOU. Its has more to do with Games becoming more popular than movies. Production companies see this and are trying to morph the two. It doesn't come from one games success 6 years ago.,

Plus I just think its hilarious how much of a dumpster fire the games development has been. Delay after delay. Crunching their workers.

So basically every single major game that is made today? lol

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    What a fucking joke. 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 
    Nah, Uncharted 4 sucked too. And Jak and Daxter was Naughty Dog's best series anyway.
    I just dont like LoU and its really really annoying how every sucks its dick as "tHe GrEaTeSt GaEm EvArR", when its the most mediocre, generic game I played on the PS3. Lair was better. Not to mention Sony has shifted all their first party games to fall in line with the "narrative driven cinematic experience" to try and capitalize off the LoU craze. 

uhhh this doesn't have anything to do with LOU. Its has more to do with Games becoming more popular than movies. Production companies see this and are trying to morph the two. It doesn't come from one games success 6 years ago.,
    Everything MC doesn't love is just a hollow fad
    Also I read the spoilers expecting to be on the side of the internet about the story being dumb, but it seems to me that the people bitching didn't get the point of the first one/understand the ending. After reading the spoilers I'm actually more excited for it
    edited April 2020
    What a fucking joke. 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 

It has literally everything to do with LoU. 

>before LoU, Sony's games are diverse and different from one another
    >LoU comes out, gets 10/10 praise from journos, makes a bunch of money
    >Sony: "heyyy, we want more of that"
    >Suddenly people want "narrative cinematic games", journos agree because they hate gameplay
    >All Sony games start looking more and more like LoU
    >God of War 2018, looks and plays like LoU
    >10/10 from journos, even though fans of old GoW are pissed.
    >Sony sees more $$$
    >Now all Sony games are the same but in a different setting

LoU's fault. 
    Xeno said:
    What a fucking joke. 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 

Everything MC doesn't love is just a hollow fad
    Not everything. I dont like sports games, not a fad. I dont like CoD, not a fad. 

Battle Royales? Fad
    Narrative action games? Fad.
    BR has been pretty successful
    for what 4 years now?

it might not always been on top, but its not a fad lol. 
    BR has been pretty successful
    for what 4 years now?

it might not always been on top, but its not a fad lol. 
    Literally one game is successful. All the others burned and died. Even PUBG, who started it lol
    You know that pubg made 790 million last year with an additional 1.3 billion with Pubg Mobil right?
    edited April 2020
    50 million people were playing warzone daily as of 2 weeks ago as well. Its a good game, but i don't expect this to be as successful as other, but if BR was a fad, i feel like we wouldn't be seeing numbers like this with a BR game.
    MC, I'm curious, do you genuinely not understand the appeal of narrative-based games? Do you not see that they serve a function entirely different from the types of games you like to play? Or do you see that, but feel like your games are threatened by their existence?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,794 jayfacer
    No guys see it makes sense. He hates it because game journalists loved it and Sony decided to ruin God Of War by making it Last of Us and that's Last Of Us' fault. It's not anything to do with the actual game that would be stupid, his hatred comes from the fact that Sony for whatever insane reason valued money over making another shitty generic God Of War game that only MC wants at this point. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,794 jayfacer
    Also, Outer Worlds is fucking lit 
    Enjoyed The Outer Worlds but it wasn't the "Space New Vegas" it was hyped up to be. The hub-world system kept things way more linear than I would have liked.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    What a fucking joke. 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 
    They ruined God of War trying to make it The Last of Us feat. KRATOS too, and thats really shitty. 
    Oh naw. New God Of War was one of the coldest games I ever played.
    edited April 2020
    Xeno said:
    MC, I'm curious, do you genuinely not understand the appeal of narrative-based games? Do you not see that they serve a function entirely different from the types of games you like to play? Or do you see that, but feel like your games are threatened by their existence?
    Bit of both. I enjoy video games for their gameplay, not their stories. I like exploring technical gameplay. I like being tested as I learn a game's mechanics. I dont want to read lore or watch cutscenes. 

I see it as a movement away from what I love about the medium. What separates video games from movies or books is gameplay. The shift in focus away from gameplay, and towards narrative just blurs the line and turns them into interactive movies to me. And thats boring. And since public perception is that people prefer stories over gameplay now, AAA devs push narrative over fun, mechanical gameplay. And as a result companies I used to love, like Sony, just put out game after game that I have 0 interest in. God of War was proof of that to me. A shift away from a combat focused action game/DMC lite style game, into a slow cinematic experience with sluggish combat, walky talky segments, and no complexity to the combat... And people ATE it up, shitting on the old games in the process because "the story was more mature".

I dont mind if SOME games are like that. They dont appeal to me, so I wont play them. But Sony JUST focuses on that now. 

Yes, the indie scene will always be there. And Nintendo keeps it nice and gameplay focused. But I just hate other AAA devs care more about narrative than anything else. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Did you beat the new God Of War? It’s still very much combat focused. And I felt the same, that it was sluggish, until you start upgrading and the game opens up. And especially after you get the Blades of Chaos. Once that happens, the combat gets chaotic, no pun intended, and I actually would say I like it better than the original God Of War games’ button mashing combat system. It’s more calculated and more of a Dark Souls type combat system, to the point that I would say Dark Souls influenced the game way more than TLOU ever did. Matter fact when I played it, TLOU never once came to mind. Dark Souls constantly did tho. But then again Dark Souls has influenced so many games as far adapting it’s combat system. BOTW, Witcher 3, AC Odyssey, Jedi Fallen Order, etc.