Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Back to finishing up NFS Heat before I start FF7 Remake.

That feeling when you finally leveled and fast enough that you going 180+ and smoking cops in Level 3 chases when you were getting murdered every time before >>>>
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    Drove up to Boston to a Best Buy to pick up a Razer Kraken headset today lmao. Wanted to go with an Arctis Steelseries and copy Marc/Erik but I'm impulsive and wanted something today, not shipped to me. Very happy with it.
    Aye those are dope as wel
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    From what I can tell they're best on the games that have Dolby Atmos optimization, like Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Modern Warfare. The music performance is a little eh but I got it as a gaming headset and it's still very respectable for a $50 headset. I'm holding onto the Razer 7.1 surround sound software code for when I wind up picking up a laptop in the near future.
    Dolby Atmos is amazing. My rig 800s came with the code for Atmos and it was life changing =)) bought a surround system with Atmos just for my x1 since the ps4 doesn’t have it 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,710 spicy boy
    Man, I still havent made the jump to surround sound let alone atmos. I still use my laptop or TV speakers for games. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-5-1-2-channel-soundbar-system-with-6-wireless-subwoofer-and-dolby-atmos-black/6288824.p?skuId=6288824

this is the one I have and if you have the money i recommend getting this asap since it’s on a great deal. I’m heated I didn’t wait lol. 
    Straight up, I haven't gotten anything from them but from everything I read online, Vizio seems like a mad underrated brand. Their TVs are reasonably priced but still have INSANE refresh rates.
    Man, I still havent made the jump to surround sound let alone atmos. I still use my laptop or TV speakers for games. 
    You have a Razer Kraken and mainly game on PC though right? That software isn't true 7.1 surround sound, but it at least comes close to it. Just use dat headset and install that audio mixer.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited April 2020
    Xeno said:
    Straight up, I haven't gotten anything from them but from everything I read online, Vizio seems like a mad underrated brand. Their TVs are reasonably priced but still have INSANE refresh rates.
    yeah i love my TV from them had it for a few years now
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    I just bought a TCL 5 series.I know they get hated on for being the budget tv, but this is the first 4k/HDR tv iv ever had and its dope. Happy because in only paid like $300. I couldn’t bring myself to spend $800 on a TV. 
    Xeno said:
    You have a Razer Kraken and mainly game on PC though right? That software isn't true 7.1 surround sound, but it at least comes close to it. Just use dat headset and install that audio mixer.
    Ive really only used the headset when Im chatting with friends lol. 
    Last of us 2 on june 19th. 
    Time to search for a ps4 again =))
    Just read through the Last of Us 2 leaks... what a  awful sounding game lmao. 
    What a fucking joke. 
    Time to search for a ps4 again =))
    Why do you constantly sell and rebuy systems :| 
    Waste of time and money
    Iv never sold a system for less than what i bought it for. So its not a waste of money. 

There isnt anything on playstation iv cared to play over the last couple of years. 

Ill catch up on spiderman when i get one, but other than that, 0
    What a fucking joke. 
    What the fuck is with your beef with Lou? 

Is it because naughty dog made a game that people enjoy more then uncharted? 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 
    Also if you spoil anything ill kill you.
    What a fucking joke. 
    What the fuck is with your beef with Lou? 

Is it because naughty dog made a game that people enjoy more then uncharted? 

Uncharted is great too. 
    Lou is also great. 

Things can coexist. 
    Nah, Uncharted 4 sucked too. And Jak and Daxter was Naughty Dog's best series anyway.
    I just dont like LoU and its really really annoying how every sucks its dick as "tHe GrEaTeSt GaEm EvArR", when its the most mediocre, generic game I played on the PS3. Lair was better. Not to mention Sony has shifted all their first party games to fall in line with the "narrative driven cinematic experience" to try and capitalize off the LoU craze. Sony has become lazy, and uncreative. All their games look, sound, and play the same now. They ruined God of War trying to make it The Last of Us feat. KRATOS too, and thats really shitty. 

Plus I just think its hilarious how much of a dumpster fire the games development has been. Delay after delay. Crunching their workers. I mean it was angry Naughty Dog employees who leaked the game. The ENTIRE story. Majority of the cutscenes. And then to see the story is as pathetic and generic as it is, is just fucking hilarious to me. We already know the gameplay was going to be nonexistent, so to hear that even fans think the story sucks, BEFORE LAUNCH? 

Poetic justice. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    edited April 2020
    Also if you spoil anything ill kill you.