Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I need to get Wargroove. 

Also Celeste is fuckin hard af. 
    Wargroove is fucking brutal too.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Last 2 games I played and finished were the 2 Odysseys (Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Super Mario Odyssey) literally didn’t plan it like that but jus a funny coincidence. 

AC Odyssey clocked in at 97 hours by time I finished everything and got all the achievements. And while I did previously comment in here that it was way too long, and still feel that way, it was legitimately still one of the most memorable gaming experiences I’ve had. By far my favorite AC now but in general the game literally feels like exactly what it’s name implies. Game is so fucking massive and impressive on a technical level that I jus can’t help but admire and respect the craftsmanship on the game. And in 97 hours, I had ONE issue where the game froze one time while loading during start up, but beyond that it was 100% glitch free, even minor shit, and for a game to be so massive and so alive and to still come across essentially zero hiccups, it has me holding other games to ridiculously high standards now. Graphically the game is one of the most gorgeous I ever played and I played it on my One X. Game gets a perfect 10 from me. I can’t find anything to criticize other than some side missions felt repetitive, but since they’re optional and I still enjoyed them for what they were, I can’t knock it. I also feel like that’s almost impossible to avoid in a game this long. However shaving some of them off would have definitely shaved off some of the unnecessary length along wit it.

I jumped straight into Super Mario Odyssey after AC Odyssey, also completed everything in this one (Got all 999 moons, all captures, all music, etc.) and Mario gets a perfect 10 too, but in this case it’s a different kind of 10. This game immediately became one of the top 5 games I’ve ever played in my life and I don’t ever see it being taken out. Jesus Christ this game is absolutely flawless. It is everything that a video game is supposed to be. Not in a pretentious way cause technically a video game can be whatever it wants to be, but it’s what a video game is SUPPOSED TO BE, if that makes sense. Jus flat out fucking fun and what video games used to be instead of trying too hard to be cinematic or to be an “experience”. This is a game that I played for 4-5 hours straight and it felt like 1 every single time. Nothing about this ever felt like a chore. Collecting 999 fucking moons never felt like a job and I was thirsty and eager to get all of them. The ideas and level design are some of the best and most clever I’ve ever seen and it jus constantly put a smile on my face and kept impressing me, even deep into the game. Everything about this game jus oozes charm and that’s a standard Nintendo thing but Goddamn it is on a different level on this game. This is the happiest shit I ever played in my life lmao it is impossible to be in a fully bad mood playing this game. It’s graphically gorgeous and due to the art style that they chose, this is a game that will never look bad even 30 years from now. And even down to the fucking controls. This is the smoothest most fluid platformer, game PERIOD even, that I ever played in my life and due to that it made even the most advanced and challenging platforming sections in the game (Like in Dark Side and Darker Side.) not nearly as bad as they would otherwise be wit inferior controlling. Some of these same levels would be absolutely infuriating if they were used in something like Crash, for example. This is definitely one game that I was sad to finish but in any case it’s definitely cemented in my hall of fame and I’ll have to run thru the campaign again a second time at the very least. Unforgettable and it made me so fucking happy cause it hit me in a certain way that no other game really truly has since I was a kid other than KH3. Game is the definition of an escape.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    Wish I could get into Mario Odyessy. I tried and gave up in like world 2. As stupid as it sounds I just can't play anything with a not PlayStation controllers 
    Dime2 said:
    Wish I could get into Mario Odyessy. I tried and gave up in like world 2. As stupid as it sounds I just can't play anything with a not PlayStation controllers 
    You try a Pro controller? It feels more like an Xbox controller than a PS4 but still a closer feel than the Joy-Cons obviously lmao.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    edited December 2019
    I loved Mario Odyssey but never finished it. So damn long. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Dime2 said:
    You can use a dualshock with the switch with like a 10 dollar adapter
    I loved Mario Odyssey but never finished it. So damn long. 
    Eh. Ish. This felt jus right as far as length especially after 97 fucking hours of AC lmao. Wanna say it was roughly 40 hours and that was to 100% it and do all the extra optional shit. Campaign only can be done in 6-8 hours tops.
    Xeno said:
    Dime2 said:
    Switch Pro > 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,796 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    You try a Pro controller? It feels more like an Xbox controller than a PS4 but still a closer feel than the Joy-Cons obviously lmao.
     Yeah I tried it. Sadly, I just don't think it's for me. But just through the couple hours I played, I can definitely appreciate why people hold that game to such a high standard. It's gorgeous, lush, the music is awesome, the concept is fresh. 
    Xeno said:
    Dime2 said:
    Switch Pro > 
    Definitely agree, but Dime says he only likes the Dualshock. I personally can't stand the fucking thing, if I get a Playstation I'll have to get a third party controller that's more like an Xbox/pro controller.
    I got 10-15 hours into AC Odyssey but the disc went missing. It felt like Wild Hunt Lite, in a good way.
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Dime2 said:
    Switch Pro > 
    Definitely agree, but Dime says he only likes the Dualshock. I personally can't stand the fucking thing, if I get a Playstation I'll have to get a third party controller that's more like an Xbox/pro controller.
    I love the Dualshock too. But Nintendo knows how to make quality 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    edited December 2019
    Switch Pro controllers are the shit but in their defense of the ps controllers at least they don’t drift. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Xeno said:
    Dime2 said:
    Que? What adapter? I have 2 controllers for my Switch (Joy-Cons that came wit the system plus a Pro controller that I copped later on.) but I wouldn’t mind this as a back-up plus $10 ain’t shit so I’m now interested to try this lmao.
    Switch Pro controllers are the shit but in their defense of the ps controllers at least they don’t drift. 
    The drift problem was wit the Joy-Cons not the Pro. Mine are currently in the mail on the way to Nintendo. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    It’s both. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited December 2019
    I havent gotten any drift yet. And I got a Pro and three Joycon sets. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Hopefully going to pick up a switch just after Christmas. Going to Disney at the end of Jan and its like 6 hours in flights/layovers both ways and the boy already has one. I cant be letting him make me jealous while i sit there board af on the plane lol. 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I picked up a second Switch on Rakuten at 3am on Thanksgiving morning on an impulse buy.

Got it for $250 free shipping and got $30 back using my MasterCard. So essentially got a new V2 Switch for $220.

Trying to find some fun games the fiancé and myself can play together on separate Switches.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Xeno said:
    Dime2 said:
    Que? What adapter? I have 2 controllers for my Switch (Joy-Cons that came wit the system plus a Pro controller that I copped later on.) but I wouldn’t mind this as a back-up plus $10 ain’t shit so I’m now interested to try this lmao.
    I'm sure there are cheaper ones on amazon but I just googled it and best buy sells a bluetooth adapter for switch for $20