Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited December 2019
    Literally how. I thought telltale was dead and this was not on their final release schedule
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    FLAT said:
    Xeno said:
    MLB the show coming to other consoles is lit afafaf
    Lol @ the disagrees like exclusives are somehow a good thing
    Show on ps2 was my childhood 
    Ok
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Literally how. I thought telltale was dead and this was not on their final release schedule
    Epic bought them 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Bruh the new Xbox looks so awkward lmao. There better be an option to lay that bitch sideways.
    Bet you anything its modifyable and modular like a PC is 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    You can def lay it sideways, but yeah they are going for a PC look i think. 
    Epic bought them 
    No they didn't, it looks like some smaller company bought their assets and is contracting the IPs out to other companies that house former Telltale employees. 
    edited December 2019
    Either way I'm stoked. Wolf Among Us was easily the best Telltale game. Fucking 6 years later we get season 2 holy shit
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    To be fair, every first model of a new console generation is big as fuck. I aporeciate they're not doing a half-assed attempt to streamline it which would make it even more awkward. Here for the sleek PC tower look.
    edited December 2019
    Epic bought them 
    No they didn't, it looks like some smaller company bought their assets and is contracting the IPs out to other companies that house former Telltale employees. 
    Skybound games? That's Robert Kirkman's company. Epic bought the publishing rights to Telltale games. So all Telltale games will release exclusively on Epic Store. Thats how they are able to put them out. 
    Epic bought them 
    Skybound games? That's Robert Kirkman's company. Epic bought the publishing rights to Telltale games. So all Telltale games will release exclusively on Epic Store. Thats how they are able to put them out. 
    Nope. LCG Entertainment bought them. 
    Well Epic at least owns the publishing rights to The Walking Dead then 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Nerd fight!
    Pass the god damn butter.
    fucking scratched off the code on my Nintendo eShop card just now :| 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Won 10 bucks in the tetris99 maximus cup
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    I took 3rd place once in that game. AMA. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Beat Link’s Awakening. Never played the original so this was my first experience wit it. Was cool for what it is, was super short and I beat it in like 7-8 hours. Art direction was top notch and had all the charm in the world, but overall as clean of a remake as it was, it definitely felt like exactly what it is/was, a game from 1993 that was limited by it’s time period lmao. 7.5/10

Jus got Xbox Game Pass the other day. Got the brand new member deal where you get it for $1 a month for the first 3 months. May keep it going after 3 months cause either way $15 a month is not bad at all, but for the time being I got Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, Super Lucky’s Tale, and Yooka Laylee all for $1 essentially lmao.

Super Lucky’s Tale was a charming entertaining lil platformer. Platformers are in short supply so I always like giving them a chance and I was re-interested since SLT recently got the remaster treatment for the Switch and point blank the game did not deserve the low scores it got when it came out. Simply got shit on because it came out at the same time as Odyssey and was head to head wit one of the top 3 platformers ever made so it was terrible timing. Another really short game and I beat it in a day in like 6 hours but thoroughly enjoyed every second and I’d love a sequel. 8/10

Now on Gears 5 and I’m loving it but I expected nothing less. Gears is constantly straight up quality.
    Honestly will prolly jus cancel and reactivate XGP as needed cause depending what’s on there and what I’m playing at the time, I can easily see me going a month or 2 without using it and would be paying an empty $15, but in cases like this it’s genius. Both Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds are brand new games and even if I was paying full price for this month, I get to play them for $15 essentially. And I was surprised at how legitimately good the full library is and there’s a lot more 2019 titles on there than I expected. If it can stay updated and keep getting consistently built on, then streaming is most definitely the future of gaming jus like it became for music and movies/TV.