Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They're about to add Witcher 3 to game pass. Play that if you haven't
    Also yeah I like the game pass it's worth it for me. I can just cancel during months I wont be using it much. It's technically not streaming though it's just a subscription service that lets you download the titles. Playstation's alternative is all streaming and tbh I don't think the tech has caught up enough for that yet
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    Also yeah I like the game pass it's worth it for me. I can just cancel during months I wont be using it much. It's technically not streaming though it's just a subscription service that lets you download the titles. Playstation's alternative is all streaming and tbh I don't think the tech has caught up enough for that yet
    But they both work essentially the same no? Other than PS Now’s catalog being complete garbage in comparison lmao.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Beat Luigi mansion 3, prolly my fave outta all of em.
    Playing Celeste n nier atm 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Beat Luigi mansion 3, prolly my fave outta all of em.
    Playing Celeste n nier atm 
    Yes, game is amazing. Definitely top 5 of the year for me. Hope it did well enough for a 4th.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    How tf do you play through so many games so quick? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    What do you mean? All 3 I mentioned were all short and totaled like 20 hours or so to beat all 3. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey at 97 hours took me 2 months and that was the only game I played so all gaming time in that period was 100% towards that game.

But in any case, I work at a bar/slot place on the side wit a lot of downtime so we’re allowed to bring tablets/laptops or in my case, a Switch. So Switch games especially I blaze thru because I’m also able to play them on the job. Beyond that, my main source of income has been engineering out of my home studio, and at $30 an hour and picking and choosing whenever the fuck I want to do sessions and making my own schedule, I’m able to choose my own free time and my side job is under the impression that I’m completely unavailable BECAUSE of my other job so I guaranteed always have every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off lmao. Work smarter not harder. 🙏🏻
    Xeno said:
    But they both work essentially the same no? Other than PS Now’s catalog being complete garbage in comparison lmao.
    Nah unless Playstation changed it theirs is actually streaming. The game isn't stored on the console, it's in the cloud and you stream it. With xbox it's stored locally like any other downloaded game and it isn't streamed.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    edited December 2019
    Probably cooing a nintendo switch lite this week. 

I like the feel better that the full version for the mobil aspect and if i got a version with a doc id probably never play it on a tv. 

Thinking zelda and luigi mansion will be first purchases :-? 
    Idk man Smash Bros is the most legit party game ever, the dock is definitely useful
    We actually have a switch with the doc. Amandas son has one. I never really play it though. But if we wanted to switch over for that situation, we could. 

But tbh once you hit my age your friends dont come over to sit around a tv and play video games lol. 
    Xeno said:
    Idk man Smash Bros is the most legit party game ever, the dock is definitely useful
    For real. Switch is most definitely THE multiplayer console. No real options on PS4 and XB1 other than online.
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    Nah unless Playstation changed it theirs is actually streaming. The game isn't stored on the console, it's in the cloud and you stream it. With xbox it's stored locally like any other downloaded game and it isn't streamed.
    Oh okay I get you. Then yea it was wrong to call it streaming cause yea it downloaded to my HD as far as XGP but either way both essentially work the same. I would assume the fact that PSNow is pure streaming is why they can’t get the legal rights and have such a weaker library. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    What do you mean? All 3 I mentioned were all short and totaled like 20 hours or so to beat all 3. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey at 97 hours took me 2 months and that was the only game I played so all gaming time in that period was 100% towards that game.

But in any case, I work at a bar/slot place on the side wit a lot of downtime so we’re allowed to bring tablets/laptops or in my case, a Switch. So Switch games especially I blaze thru because I’m also able to play them on the job. Beyond that, my main source of income has been engineering out of my home studio, and at $30 an hour and picking and choosing whenever the fuck I want to do sessions and making my own schedule, I’m able to choose my own free time and my side job is under the impression that I’m completely unavailable BECAUSE of my other job so I guaranteed always have every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off lmao. Work smarter not harder. 🙏🏻
    I need to invest in setting up a recording studio. But its such a huge upfront cost, and I don't have the clientbase yet to make that worthwhile. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

If you guys don’t already I highly recommend this grip for the Switch. I honestly have no idea how people play it for long periods without a grip.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I just got a switch lite, one of those grip things, a carrying case, and pokemon sword off of facebook marketplace for $160. The switch has hardly even been used.

hopefully someone isnt sad because theirs was stolen lol. Im hype though. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished slain: back from hell. Game got shat on by reviewers for being too hard but I liked it. Levels are short n there's tons of checkpoints. Plus it was only $3
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket