Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    2nd one made me break a controller.

• Options
    ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    edited April 2010
    I liked the story and graphics of the second one most, but when it comes down to gameplay, the original takes 1st place.
  • Options
    GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Ahh the yello lights of death. So your insides got fried? I just went with the slim.
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    I'm not entirely sure what got messed up. Turned it off one day, a couple hours later it wouldn't turn back on. I just got an email that it is on its way back already, hopefully I have it by monday.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    99% of the time it means its fried. Mine was the same. You turn it on, it goes *beep* flashes yellow and turns off.

It was strange because I called Sony and talked to a guy. I forgot to ask them about what I should do with the game inside it..so I called them back. The guy I talked to said he had no history of me calling. So I wasted the first fifteen minutes and had to go through the whole drill again, just to ask if I could take the game out myself.
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    gears 3 looks epic. cant wait. i like the song choice for their trailers
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    April 19, 2010 - It seems Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 is somehow going to be even darker than the first game.

According to a report from ComicBookResources.com, famed Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy, who recently provided vocals for Batman: Arkham Asylum, discussed new details about the upcoming sequel from Rocksteady Studios.

Conroy, who spoke during a panel during the Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo this past weekend, said the new game will have a similar tone to the animated movie Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. "It's really, really dark," Conroy said of the game in relation to the film. "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area - it's that dark."

During the same panel, Conroy let slip that the villain Two-Face would be in the game. "There's a very complicated cast," he said after acknowledging his mistake. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Publisher Warner Bros. announced the sequel at last year's VGAs award show, just months after the release of the first game. Warner Bros has since purchased the majority share of Rocksteady.
  • Options
    Got mah new ps3 back today. It runs waaay quieter. The update I had to install made me lose the ability to install other os on it. All my trophys and contacts saved, but all my game data is gone.
  • Options
    EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I haven't played any console games since GoW III. Nothing interests me as far as video games for now except for Pokemon. Can't fucking WAIT for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White.

I'm gonna buy HeartGold in a few weeks and I already have my team picked out. It'll be done by trading from SoulSilver.

Totodile
    Dratini
    Charmander
    Treecko
    Pikachu

Which, by the end of the game, will be

Feraligatr
    Dragonite
    Charizard <----- FUCK. YES.
    Sceptile
    Raichu
  • Options
    I want a shiny Charizard so bad. :/ It's fucking BLACK. Come on now. That's Metal.

I'm currently breeding Eevee to try and get a shiny Eevee, which is black-ish. I currently have 6 Eevees sitting in the PC. I'm gonna evolve all of them into 1 of the 7 Eeveelutions though. I currently have an Umbreon, so I need Espeon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon. I'll be evolving my Adamant natured Eevee into Leafeon because that would make for the best stats.
  • Options
    They also need to make a Dragon type Eeveelution. That'd be the best shit ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man I love Pokemon so much. Take away the child friendly target of the franchise, and the games are actually very in depth, more than people think actually. Excellent RPGs.

Breeding for natures, IVs, EV training, all of that, is when it gets really complicated.
  • Options
    Lol your talking to yourself.
  • Options
    Yea I realized that lolz.
  • Options
    drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Talking to yourself is cool as long as its about Pokémon, if you talk to yourself about anything else, that's messed up.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    red dead redemption AKA game of the year comes out in about a month
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    April 20, 2010 - Blizzard said it best when StarCraft II was announced, "Hell, it's about time."

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 may be 10 years old, but it's still popular incompetitive fighting circles. Fans have been requesting a new game in the franchise for ages, and after the fighting genre got a swift kick in the pants in 2009, Capcom is all set to deliver. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is finally officially announced.

The game is scheduled for a spring 2011 release date on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms. Unlike the download-only Marvel vs. Capcom 2, this will be a disc-based title. In its current state of production there are around 30 combatants in the game including Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Morrigan, Ryu, and newcomer Chris Redfield of Resident Evil fame. Based on the new trailer, it also seems like Dr. Doom, Deadpool, Magneto, Captain America and Chun-Li could also be in the game. Capcom is still hard at work trying to squeeze in as many characters as possible before the tentative ship date, so there's no word yet on what the final total might be and whether it'll rival the over 50 playable fighters in MvC2. Expect a number of characters to return along with others who have yet to appear in the franchise.

read the rest here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084617p1.html

best fighting game ever returns. *goes and plays MvC2*
  • Options
    April 20, 2010 - Two more villains have been confirmed for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.

Voice actor Maurice LaMarche, who previously voiced Brain in Animaniacs and Egon Spengler in The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, confirmed on the GeekCast Radio podcast he'll be providing the voice for Mr. Freeze in the upcoming sequel.

Actor Stana Katic, star of ABC's Castle, also confirmed via her Twitter account she'll be voicing Talia al Ghul, daughter of Ra's al Ghul.
  • Options
    I haven't turned my playstation on since Heavy Rain...I have a feeling I'm not going to play much either.

I'm interested in L.A. Noire, but thats about it.
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    dude RDR is going to be a must buy.....i hadn't been playing much but then i found my copy of MGS4 so im starting to get addicted again