Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    the entire time i was playing mass effect 2 i was like this Gun play is almost exactly like gears
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Splinter Cell Convicition has to be one of the best stealth games I've ever played.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    So my bro just got the adapter for xbox live. Opening the box, the installation cd was scratched
    fuuuuuuuuuuu
  • Does anyone else find probing planets on ME2 to be extremely annoying?
    ^Worst part about that game

• agree totally. that and i have to have a relationship with jacob. it beats grunt or thane i guesse. I would have rather it been joker.

Do you know if you have to probe all the plantes till they say depleted?
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    lol

GameCrush Spices Up Online Gaming With New Site

New Social Site Connects Gamers with PlayDates on PC and Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE

SAN FRANCISCO – March 23, 2010 GameCrush, now available in public beta, introduces an entirely new interactive social gaming experience allowing gamers to meet, match and pay to play online games with other users (PlayDates). GameCrush is the only online service that allows gamers to choose a companion to spice up their favorite online games. Both Players and PlayDates define the experience they want - either “flirty” or “dirty”, choosing from some of the most popular console titles and casual web-based games. To register for free, visit www.gamecrush.com. For more information about this release including additional downloadable media, visit (http://gamecrush.presslift.com/gamec...-with-new-site)

On GameCrush, players can find their perfect PlayDate through browsing their profiles and chatting live with them. Players can then purchase a live one-on-one private gaming session, complete with two-way video and text chat.

Designed to appeal to female and male gamers alike, GameCrush offers games to suit a variety of tastes, from casual web-based games to the hottest console titles like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Gears of War 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV. Initially games are available on GameCrush’s own exclusive video-enabled gaming platform and on Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE network. In addition, GameCrush will soon be available for platforms such as Sony’s PlayStation 3, World of Warcraft, and other online gaming environments.

GameCrush delivers comprehensive social tools that allow PlayDates to post profiles complete with picture galleries, video clips, blogs and text chat. PlayDates can make up to $30 or more per hour while having fun playing online games. After a game session is completed, Players rate their gaming experience, and top-rated PlayDates are rewarded with enhanced site promotion and additional benefits.

“We are very excited to debut the GameCrush to the public,” said GameCrush CEO and Co-Founder Anees Iqbal. “We see GameCrush as a new social gaming experience that will redefine how gamers play and enjoy their favorite games.”

For more information on this release or to download screenshots, visit (http://gamecrush.presslift.com/gamec...-with-new-site)

About GameCrush

Based in San Francisco, CA, GameCrush is the first adult online social site that allows users to meet, match and pay to play online games with other users to enhance their gaming experience. Offering players a variety of console and PC based Games to choose from, GameCrush is the hottest way for gamers to connect and play. Through the GameCrush site, users can browse and search from an extensive list of PlayDates, and site registration is always free. To become a real player, visit www.gamecrush.com
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    lol, read that yesterday

"Nintendo's fifth generation version of its wildly popular Nintendo DS hardware, the Nintendo 3DS, comes with more than just the power to display 3D images. It also comes with a new joystick and force feedback, according to one report.

Fortunately, that report is from the typically reliable Nikkei, who writes that Nintendo "plans to give the new system a 3-D joystick and a force feedback mechanism that will let players feel the collisions of a game character." Nintendo has experimented with force feedback on the DS with the Rumble Pak add-on, originally bundled with Metroid Prime Pinball.

The Nikkei also feels comfortable enough reporting that the 3DS will feature improved wireless communication speed and battery life, but that its dual screens will be slightly smaller than that of the Nintendo DSi XL, due in North America on March 28.

The Japanese news outlet also says Nintendo is "considering" adding an accelerometer for tilt-controlled games. We've heard similar reports before about motion-sensing controls, reports that Nintendo later said were "misinterpreted."

The Asahi Shimbun writes in its report on the Nintendo 3DS that the latest hardware update may take advantage of 3D LCD screen technology developed by Sharp and Hitachi—technology already available in 3D-simulating PC monitors.

While the Nikkei doesn't provide sourcing on its report, leading us to believe that some of this may be speculation, the publication tends to be accurate. We reached out to Nintendo of America this morning for clarification on the Nintendo 3DS's features, but the company declined to comment."
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • 2_D2_D Posts: 506 salt miner
    I Beat gow III a few days ago, It was amazing. The ending is a bit different, I liked it though.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'm happy to say that about a month ago, I got mw2 and beat it in five days due to lots of days off of school
    Mass Effect 2 DLC coming soon, new character new achievements more fun!!!

downloading the firewalker pack for ME2 now
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I guess I'm on a video game break...Nothing interests me anymore :(
    image Photobucket
    God of War III n00b

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited March 2010
  • 2_D2_D Posts: 506 salt miner
    "God of War III n00b"

Shit.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Heavy Rain was good but i dont think i would play through again.

GOW is way fucking overrated. Its fun no doubt, but when it comes down to it, its just a button smasher. Nothing wrong with that, but when you start calling it GOTY, fuck that.

my friend at work said it was way too overrated as well after he bought it
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah its fun but the story is generic and theres really no strategy to it. Just tap the square and triangle buttons until everyone is dead
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2010
    I tried for all the trophies in Heavy Rain..but once I beat it the third time and figured I had 16 more times until I got the last two trophies, I figured fuck it.

If the overall ending could be different, as in who the killer is, and the game could be 10x more difficult, I might have played it again. It was just like "wtf..theres no challenge, its just doing whatever I want to do for 8 fucking hours until I beat it again."
    image Photobucket