Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Options
    ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    actully is more like KOTOR meets gears of war
  • Options
    OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    When I say Halo I mean the costume design, but yes.
    I love winning with women
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    no i have not...but i dont see a sexbox exclusive winning GOTY.....but this is the year of the ps3 with all the exclusives that are coming out...between heavy rain....GOW3...twisted metal...Final Fantasy XIV and DC universe online....i have a feeling game of the year is going to go to one of those 5...and throw a non exclusive in there with RDR....but if game of the year comes from and exclusive it will be from one of those 5
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    the games depth is phenomenal and the level of detail put into every inch of the universe,be it members of your crew telling you their life story or a bunch of NPC's gathered around a table having a bachelor party is unparalleled. it redefines how a story can be told though this medium. Bioware has created their masterwork
  • Options
    heavy rain is the game that re-defines a way to tell a story....not that mass effect 2 doesn't, its by everything i have seen and read a great game, i just think based on the time it came out, there will be a better game out by the end of the year...and heavy rain is a unique experience unlike ne other game...and there is SO much hype over GOW3 and i believe that sony has dumped everything into this game so im guessing it will be amazing
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,223 mod
    Heavy Rain is pretty much an updated version of Indigo Prophecies.

• Options
    ME2 is a game that really can't be described by words, you have to experience it. i could talk all day still not do it justice.
  • Options
    yeah, iv watched it get played for like 3 hours the other day, was awesome, ill play it if it ever gets ported to the ps3
  • Options
    GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    You ever see Nick Swardson?
    HSB isn't the jaded movie watcher, he's the jaded video game player
    image Photobucket
  • Options
    No matter who you choose you cannot win, you've past the point of no return.

• Options
    LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Anyone getting Final Fantasy XIII Tuesday?

I was thinking about getting it even though I haven't played a FF game since FFX. But at the same time the reviews haven't been that bad but nothing really that great either.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Options
    No, I stopped caring for Final Fantasy after the PS1 days.

• Options
    imo all the final fantasy's have been outstanding games. i would def. get it
  • Options
    the next one that is slated to come out later this year will be better i think
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    fuck FF13. i want FF13:Versus already. the better of the two.

• Options
    March 9, 2010 - Viacom CEO and President Philippe Dauman confirmed during today's Credit Suisse 2010 Global Media and Communications Convergence Conference the company plans to release Rock Band 3 this holiday. The game will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts.

While no details were given at this time, Rock Band 3 will "innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band," according to the game's developer

Much speculation has surrounded Rock Band 3 for the past year. While still unconfirmed, it appears Harmonix may be looking to revamp the standardized plastic instruments.

In a previous interview, Dhani Harrison, son of Beatles legend George Harrison and developer on The Beatles: Rock Band, said the next Rock Band game will feature new controllers that allows players to learn music rather than simply playing along.

The game may also feature songs from guitar legend Jimi Hendrix, as his stepsister, Janie Hendrix, noted in an interview last month that a "new edition" of Rock Band would feature his music.

We're hoping to receive more details soon. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    Rumor: Gears Of War 3 Releasing April 2011
    Source says teaser trailer coming soon. Full reveal at E3.

March 16, 2010 - The wait for Gears of War 3 may be longer than we thought.

A "trusted US publishing source" has told website Edge the third chapter in the Gears of War series is set for release in April 2011. While still not officially announced by Microsoft, the first teaser trailer for Gears of War 3 is apparently coming as early as next month on April 8, with a full reveal set for June at this year's E3 in Los Angeles.

"Microsoft's keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas. That's why we won't be seeing Gears of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release," the source said.

Representatives from both Epic Games and Microsoft told IGN they do not comment on rumors or speculation.
  • Options
    Gears 2 was trash, not getting the next.

• Options
    it wasn't THAT bad. it had a lot of problems but still a fun game to play. who knows, maybe they will make this the best one yet.