Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wii has barely any hardcore games... all kids games and party games...
    thats why no self respecting gamer pick the Wii as their console of choice
    *facepalm* At least do your homework before you bash it.
    there is maybe one blockbuster title for the WIi (zelda) that a REAL gamer would care about
    . the rest is nothing but kiddy crap ( ex. Mario) and half assed party games. Toe to toe with the ps3 and 360 game libraries the Wii fails harder than the Ngage did.

Who whoa whoa. Back the fuck up. Mario isn't "kiddy crap". Mario is amazing.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    before you bring up what you call "shitty systems" lets shine of light on the PSP go shall we?
    PSP GO DOESN'T EXIST DAMMIT

no not the PSP, the PSP go

Oh, yea, that was a flop, but it looks cool.

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    we talk people out of the PSP go everytime they wanna get one
    its so worthless
    imageimage
    we talk people out of the PSP go everytime they wanna get one
    its so worthless
    Now that's award-winning service.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    we just point them to the PS3 or normal PSP
    imageimage
    I had the normal PSP for awhile but I stopped using it because of my 360. I haven't had a handheld for a few years.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    3DS launch games/first 3 months:

* Asphalt 3D
    * Bust-A-Move Universe
    * Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
    * Crush 3D
    * Dead or Alive Dimensions
    * Dual Pen Sports
    * LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    * Madden NFL Football
    * nintendogs + cats
    * Pilotwings Resort
    * Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
    * Rabbids Travel in Time
    * Rayman 3D
    * Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
    * Ridge Racer 3D
    * Samurai Warriors Chronicles
    * Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
    * Super Monkey Ball 3D
    * Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
    * The Sims 3
    * Thor: God of Thunder
    * Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
    * Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D

Street Fighter is apparently $40, so that might be the price point for the games.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i like my PSP. i mainly used it for on the go Family Guy
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm kinda regretting my DSi XL purchase a few months ago, I think I just may end up ebaying it.

I had a psp a few years ago and not gonna lie, I pirated the shit out of it. It was just too easy not to do it.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I didn't give a shit about the Nintendo 3DS..........until Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was announced and it was confirmed as a Nintendo 3DS exclusive.

Now I need to get it. Yes, I'm that much of a Kingdom Hearts fanboy, exactly why the only reason I'm getting a PSP is for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Plus, 3D: Dream Drop Distance is the last game in the series before they make Kingdom Hearts 3 FINALLY, so I'm stoked.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    This should come as no shock.

Report: Modern Warfare 3 Coming This November

A third game in the Modern Warfare series is coming this year, according to a new report from the Los Angeles Times.

Citing unnamed sources, the LA Times says Activision has recruited Sledgehammer Games, the studio currently working on another unannounced Call of Duty title, and Raven Software (Singularity) to help finish development of Modern Warfare 3 for release this November.

The report states both Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward are equally completing the single-player portion of the game, while Raven is working on its online multiplayer features.

Due to the developer collaboration, sources said the Call of Duty spin-off project in development at Sledgehammer, rumored to be set in the future, has now been put on hold.

Since Infinity Ward executives Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired from the studio in March, more than 35 employees have left the studio. Activision said recently it has received over 5,000 applicants to fill the vacancies.

The publisher has not publicly announced what Call of Duty title would be released this year, but did confirm a new game would be arriving in the back half of 2011.

When asked about the report, an Activision representative told IGN, "There's been much speculation recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    I didn't give a shit about the Nintendo 3DS..........until Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was announced and it was confirmed as a Nintendo 3DS exclusive.

Now I need to get it. Yes, I'm that much of a Kingdom Hearts fanboy, exactly why the only reason I'm getting a PSP is for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Plus, 3D: Dream Drop Distance is the last game in the series before they make Kingdom Hearts 3 FINALLY, so I'm stoked.
    i'm a big KH fan too... i didnt get Recoded, or Birth By Sleep but i did get 358/2 Days
    I'm waiting for KH3... the side stories, and w/e are cool, but i want an actual sequal already.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited January 2011
    358/2 Days is arguably my favorite KH game overall so far. The ending legitimately almost brought a tear to my eye, such a sad and touching story. But yea, like IGN and Game Informer said, Re: Coded, is definitely the most "skip-worthy" title in the series, and also the shortest, (I finished it in 17 hours, KH2 took me 80+ hours, and I think Days took around 40-50.), but it's still really fun, and introduces some new gameplay to the KH world (Turn based RPG battle, like Final Fantasy, and you actually get to battle Cloud from FFVII and then have him as your teammate like this. As well as a rail shooter, which I found extremely hard, and a side scrolling platformer.), but I definitely wouldn't skip Birth By Sleep. It's the most important one so far story wise, luckily I didn't read too much into the story, but I know the basic outline from trailers, and it provides the backstory to the entire KH story, how Sora got the Keyblade, Xehanort's entire story, who is technically the main antagonist throughout the entire series, etc. And from what I've heard, it has the best gameplay out of all the games so far, and it's also the longest. You have to complete 3 character's stories, and their lengths are a minimum of 20-25 hours each. It's also the first game since KH2 to introduce new worlds, I think every single world in BbS is brand new actually, with no repeats of previous worlds from KH or KH2. 3D: Dream Drop Distance is gonna be the same, and is actually set to have a world based on The Hunchback Of Notre Dame! So stoked! I can't wait to get a PSP and finally play BbS though. I've been way too anxious to play it, ever since it came out back in September.
    reason i didnt get BBS is cuz i dont gotta PSP

n whats DDD about?
    Well if you want me to explain it, it spoils the story a bit, if you don't mind.
    edited January 2011
    idc
    gimme a general idea of the story
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    edited January 2011
    Aight, well basically it leads directly into KH3 and sets up what KH3 is going to be about.

Since Xehanort's Heartless ("Ansem" from KH.) AND Xehanort's Nobody (Xemnas, in KH2.) were both destroyed, it somehow resurrected Xehanort, and he's a Keyblade Master, so Yen Sid tells Mickey that Riku and Sora both need to complete the Mark Of Mastery to both become respective Keyblade Masters (Sora and Riku can wield it, but are not true Keyblade Masters.) to take on Xehanort. So, I'm assuming you don't actually take on Xehanort until KH3, 'cause it would be stupid to face him in DDD, and it would make a much more epic ending in KH3 to face off against Xehanort resurrected. But in short, it's about them receiving their Mark Of Mastery, and becoming true Keyblade Masters. You play as both Riku and Sora equally throughout the game.