Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    Littlebigplanet 2 has a Nightwish song in it...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Well I'm never letting a friend borrow a game again.
    Well I'm never letting a friend borrow a game again.
    explain...
    I let my friend borrow my copy of Assassin's Creed 2 like 4 months ago. I finally got it back today and it's all scratched and unreadable. My friend is denying it's his fault because he "tested it before he left and it worked fine". I'm pissed because I just paid for and downloaded all the DLC for it, in addition to AC2 being one of the few games I ever payed full price for.
    thats sucks...
    at least he didnt pawn it off like one of my ex-friends did with games i let him borrow
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I'm here from page 62...
    So I finally got back to playing my playstation...Picked up NFS Hot Pursuit. Finally it's like they said "When's the last time we actually made a game worth playing? OH YEAH Hot Pursuit 2!
    image Photobucket
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    We have that for the gamecube. Got it for Christmas that year, best Christmas ever. That's an awesome game
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    In the process of uploading my Panic Attack cover, I hope it is as good as I think it is.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2011
    You guys hear about that kid that is being sued by Sony for hacking the PS3? This is an update:

"Lawyers representing George Hotz (geohot) have moved for a dismissal of Sony's case against him, citing lack of jurisdiction in California. PSX-SCENE's WikiLeaks documents are attached but here are some highlights."

"In the present case, Sony cannot demonstrate that Mr. Hotz‟s activity could even arguably be construed as expressly aimed at California. To the contrary, the sole alleged tortious activity alleged in this action involves Mr. Hotz-- who is located in New Jersey-- purportedly improperly accessing portions of his own Playstation Computer-- which is also located in New Jersey. Sony's primary allegation is that Mr. Hotz violated the circumvention provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by allegedly circumventing control access to the Playstation Computer. Sony also includes various other inexplicable claims for good measure, including Mr. Hotz violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the California Computer Crime Law for allegedly "exceeding access" to Mr. Hotz's very own Playstation Computer, as well as for Mr. Hotz purportedly "trespassing" on the very Playstation Computer he lawfully purchased and owns. Sony also alleges that, by engaging in such conduct, Mr. Hotz has breached the PSN TOS (which is actually not applicable to Mr. Hotz as demonstrated above). Nonetheless, this suit centers around the allegation that Mr. Hotz improperly accessed portions of his Playstation Computer. "

"Sony thinks that an unnamed defendant called “Bushing” resides in California but this person remains a Doe defendant, is not named as a defendant, and has not been served with process. Further, all evidence put forth by Sony regarding “Bushing” is improperly authenticated hearsay. This court should not rely on Sony‟s speculation of a Does defendant‟s place of residence to assert jurisdiction over a nonresident who is actually named with an address that has been identified, in New Jersey. Further evidence in this matter is found primarily on the internet.

Contrary to Sony‟ assertions, most of the physical evidence and Mr. Hotz himself, are located in the state of New Jersey. The bulk of Sony‟s claims regard evidence found on Mr. Hotz‟s media devices and in Mr. Hotz‟s testimony as a witness. Other than those items, the bulk of the evidence Sony puts forth may be found on the internet which is accessible just as easily in New Jersey as in California.

Sony relies on the unsubstantiated residency of the unnamed defendant “Bushing” as a basis for California being the best forum. However, “Bushing” has not been identified, named, served, or connected with Mr. Hotz in any way that would warrant bringing the only identifiable defendant out to California. If “Bushing” does exist and can be ascertained at a later date, Sony would have to amend the complaint to properly name him/her which has not occurred. Thus, New Jersey is an alternative forum that exists to provide Sony with adequate relief. If Sony can obtain jurisdiction by merely including a hypothetical defendant by the name of “Bushing” that may live in California, then any Plaintiff can file suit in California and obtain jurisdiction by adding “Bushing” as a defendant. "

I just think it would be awesome for Sony to lose a lawsuit against this 22 year old kid.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh and i'm still enjoying my PS3 and my old school roms. I haven't played my PS3 so much... ever.

Just sucks i'm gonna lose watching Netflix on my PS3 if I want to keep the jailbreak and didn't get banned. I still got my 360 I can use but PS3 outputs netflix at 5.1 digital. Which is win for people with surround sound.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    You guys hear about that kid that is being sued by Sony for hacking the PS3? This is an update:

"Lawyers representing George Hotz (geohot) have moved for a dismissal of Sony's case against him, citing lack of jurisdiction in California. PSX-SCENE's WikiLeaks documents are attached but here are some highlights."

"In the present case, Sony cannot demonstrate that Mr. Hotz‟s activity could even arguably be construed as expressly aimed at California. To the contrary, the sole alleged tortious activity alleged in this action involves Mr. Hotz-- who is located in New Jersey-- purportedly improperly accessing portions of his own Playstation Computer-- which is also located in New Jersey. Sony's primary allegation is that Mr. Hotz violated the circumvention provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by allegedly circumventing control access to the Playstation Computer. Sony also includes various other inexplicable claims for good measure, including Mr. Hotz violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the California Computer Crime Law for allegedly "exceeding access" to Mr. Hotz's very own Playstation Computer, as well as for Mr. Hotz purportedly "trespassing" on the very Playstation Computer he lawfully purchased and owns. Sony also alleges that, by engaging in such conduct, Mr. Hotz has breached the PSN TOS (which is actually not applicable to Mr. Hotz as demonstrated above). Nonetheless, this suit centers around the allegation that Mr. Hotz improperly accessed portions of his Playstation Computer. "

"Sony thinks that an unnamed defendant called “Bushing” resides in California but this person remains a Doe defendant, is not named as a defendant, and has not been served with process. Further, all evidence put forth by Sony regarding “Bushing” is improperly authenticated hearsay. This court should not rely on Sony‟s speculation of a Does defendant‟s place of residence to assert jurisdiction over a nonresident who is actually named with an address that has been identified, in New Jersey. Further evidence in this matter is found primarily on the internet.

Contrary to Sony‟ assertions, most of the physical evidence and Mr. Hotz himself, are located in the state of New Jersey. The bulk of Sony‟s claims regard evidence found on Mr. Hotz‟s media devices and in Mr. Hotz‟s testimony as a witness. Other than those items, the bulk of the evidence Sony puts forth may be found on the internet which is accessible just as easily in New Jersey as in California.

Sony relies on the unsubstantiated residency of the unnamed defendant “Bushing” as a basis for California being the best forum. However, “Bushing” has not been identified, named, served, or connected with Mr. Hotz in any way that would warrant bringing the only identifiable defendant out to California. If “Bushing” does exist and can be ascertained at a later date, Sony would have to amend the complaint to properly name him/her which has not occurred. Thus, New Jersey is an alternative forum that exists to provide Sony with adequate relief. If Sony can obtain jurisdiction by merely including a hypothetical defendant by the name of “Bushing” that may live in California, then any Plaintiff can file suit in California and obtain jurisdiction by adding “Bushing” as a defendant. "

I just think it would be awesome for Sony to lose a lawsuit against this 22 year old kid.

lawl, looks like sony's got an uphill battle
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just started Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night, and I gotta say, they stepped it the fuck up in literally every aspect. Especially the movie-like presentation and the amazing graphics. Just absolutely beautiful. This is exactly how they should have done it from the beginning. Can't wait to get further.

I also tried one round of multiplayer, seems pretty cool...I'll dive further into it, after I beat the story. :)
    Just started Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last night, and I gotta say, they stepped it the fuck up in literally every aspect. Especially the movie-like presentation and the amazing graphics. Just absolutely beautiful. This is exactly how they should have done it from the beginning. Can't wait to get further.

I also tried one round of multiplayer, seems pretty cool...I'll dive further into it, after I beat the story. :)
    the game trolls you at the end. just wait and see
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Rumored shot of the the PSP2

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Ugly ass system. Lol.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Dead Space 2 is badass not going to lie
    Goodbye Black Ops