Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Anybody outraged by Paternos firing needs to leave their kids in the shower with Sandusky.
    fixed
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    *sigh* saddest/most fucked up story in college sports :-<
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    Legally he's in the clear though. I mean I friggin hate Micheal Vick but I don't feel that the NFL should keep him from playing because of some moral issue. Granted I don't agree with the legal decision but that's not the NFL's ruling, so I don't blame them for letting him play.

Maybe I'm not making a fair comparison and I don't realize how different college sports are from leagues like the NFL, but the guy seems to be getting every bit of the blame (I understand it's because of who he is, but still) and forcing him out isn't really doing much justice. That's just how I feel at the particular moment though, I'll probably have to let this run its course before making any more firm judgement of what should or shouldn't be done.
    yeah this is a lot bigger deal then the micheal vick thing...sad thing is the guy will probably only do a couple more years then vick

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Legally he's in the clear though. I mean I friggin hate Micheal Vick but I don't feel that the NFL should keep him from playing because of some moral issue. Granted I don't agree with the legal decision but that's not the NFL's ruling, so I don't blame them for letting him play.

Maybe I'm not making a fair comparison and I don't realize how different college sports are from leagues like the NFL, but the guy seems to be getting every bit of the blame (I understand it's because of who he is, but still) and forcing him out isn't really doing much justice. That's just how I feel at the particular moment though, I'll probably have to let this run its course before making any more firm judgement of what should or shouldn't be done.
    yeah this is a lot bigger deal then the micheal vick thing...sad thing is the guy will probably only do a couple more years then vick

He better rot in prison or die in prison or both.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

He better rot in prison or die in prison or both.
    Yall are saying that what Paterno did was worse than Vick? <_>

Hell no son.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I meant what Sandusky did,not Paterno. It's what Paterno didn't do
    I meant what Sandusky did,not Paterno. It's what Paterno didn't do
    Ok and I was clearly talking about Paterno in my post. Rex then switched it to Sandusky for whatever reason.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Arlo knew Mike Vick was holding dog fights, he told someone but didn't follow up after he realized it had been a really long time with no action being taken. Nobody really cared.

Arlo knew Jerry Sandusky was molesting little boys, he told someone but didn't follow up after he realized it had been a really long time with no action being taken. We talk about him in the past tense now.
    image Photobucket
    edited November 2011
    Legally he did what he needed to do. I'm sure he wishes he could have done more now too, but the guy is being treated like he friggin killed someone. Let's not forget everything he's done for that university. He's being punished because people want the heads of everyone at that school.
    so your telling me that joe pa harboring a child rapist knowing what was going on still let all this happen for at least 10 years isn't worse then what vick did....imagine how many...and even if it was only 1 childs life that could have been saved if joe wasn't a fucking pussy....this is absolutely egregious that so many people knew and let this happen....everyone involved with this should be in jail...even joe pa
    Legally he did what he needed to do. I'm sure he wishes he could have done more now too, but the guy is being treated like he friggin killed someone. Let's not forget everything he's done for that university. He's being punished because people want the heads of everyone at that school.
    every thing he has done for the university means shit now...the guy is a piece of shit...what if it was your ass in that shower that had a dick in it? how would you feel if that could have been prevented

so your telling me that joe pa harboring a child rapist knowing what was going on still let all this happen for at least 10 years isn't worse then what vick did....imagine how many...and even if it was only 1 childs life that could have been saved if joe wasn't a fucking pussy....this is absolutely egregious that so many people knew and let this happen....everyone involved with this should be in jail...even joe pa
    Yes, I still say that what Vick did was worse. Also, you would have to change the law to get Paterno in jail, this is why the school had to do this, people want his head because they act like he was the one who actually raped these kids.

I don't know the source of this piece, but I pretty much agree with everything the author of this piece says. This is probably the best way to explain where I'm coming from:

"I think you're missing the point here. Paterno wasn't required to report it to the Chief of Police....nor should he have since he had no actual knowledge of the incident.

That's the part you seem to gloss over when you indict Paterno. What he had was hearsay evidence. He had no direct knowledge any of the events nor did he actually have any supervisory control over Sandusky. His actual duty was to report this to people who had supervisory control so that they could conduct an investigation....which as we now know was not completed to the degree it should have been.

In retrospect it's easy to say that Paterno should have done more. But the protocol demands an investigation precisely because of the nature of the claims. Because the claims are so heinous you can't just broadcast claims of pederasty to the world without in some way verifying them. You have to do an actual emotionless investigation or it turns into nothing more than a witch hunt with moral grandstanding taking the place of the law....as seems to be the case with Paterno here, for that matter.

So, yes, my heart goes out to the victims as well as to Paterno. I'm sure that if he had to do it again he would have done things differently and its sad to see a man who has given so much to his sport, his university, and his players go out in such an humiliating way to satisfy a witch hunt. Firing Paterno will not erase what happened in the past...all it does is take away the dignity of a man who ought to be remembered for what he has done for education rather than get wrapped up in a scandal in which he was, at best, a bit player"
    the argument of "well he didn't have to go to the police, just his boss" is some BS...and read the fucking Grand jury report...he knew about what happened...and that should have been enough...either your trolling...or just another stupid Texan
    edited November 2011
    the argument of "well he didn't have to go to the police, just his boss" is some BS...and read the fucking Grand jury report...he knew about what happened...and that should have been enough...either your trolling...or just another stupid Texan
    LOL reverting to insults now. Oh jeez.

You also asked a loaded question asking how I'd feel if I were one of those kids "with a dick up my ass". It's pretty easy to answer though, I'll tell you I sure would be pissed at the athletic director that didn't do what he was supposed to like Paterno did and tell someone of higher authority about the hearsay incident.

Sorry that you've also become sucked into this witch hunt like so many others Rex, it's a pity. I imagine that you wouldn't have been happy with Paterno unless he had led some massive investigation himself and killed Sandusky with his own bare hands after raping him to give him a taste of his own medicine.

Either you're trolling, or just another wonderfully educated citizen of the Detroit metro area.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i kind of agree with arlo here. paterno seems to be the scapegoat here. the guy who saw this actually happen told his father and paterno about it and thats all he did. and he hasn't been fired. and im not entirely sure about this part but i dont think anybody knows what exactly paterno knew about this. maybe he didnt know all the details. idk.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i live 3 hours from detroit...its not a witch hunt im involved in...i have seen first had how pedophiles can effect someones life...my g ma was molested...my aunt was molested...and my best friend 2 of her sisters were molested by her dad....once it happens to you it wrecks your life....its not like a bad day you can shake off the next morning....if effects everything you do for the rest of you life...its in my opinion the worst thing that can happen to any one....having to go threw life with the problems these people do and be robbed of your child hood is horrendous...everyone...not just joe pa..should burn in hell for not bringing this to the police...someone should have done something to save these kids...instead they turned there head and let who knows how many more children be effected.....this isn't a job where you report to chain of command when something goes wrong...this is peoples lives were dealing with...i don't see how anyone could be ok with what joe pa did...its plain and simple, fucked up
    . and im not entirely sure about this part but i dont think anybody knows what exactly paterno knew about this. maybe he didnt know all the details. idk.

It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the
    locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard
    slapping sounds. He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant
    put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose
    age he estimated to be ten years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both
    Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.
    The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he
    had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The
    graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what
    he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno ("Paterno"), head football coach of Pemi State. The next
    morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home,
    where he reported what he had seen.
    Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a
    Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset.

thats from the grand jury report. joe new about it the day after it happened and did nothing...he is a piece of shit
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^:)^
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    ihavetheweirdestboner