Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Paterno did what he was supposed to do, and told the AD when he was informed by an assistant. Some people are mad that he didn't do more than that.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have been a PSU fan for a long time, but I do not believe he did enough, in this case. I think he needs to step down and I sort of want this program to burn now.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I think this will be what gets Joe Pa removed as head coach. They should clean house in that athletic department but it remains to be seen whether they will. Regardless, it's a black mark on his legacy and the school and it's really bad for the Big Ten as well.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    The more I hear about this, and the more that comes out, the sicker I get to my stomach. This is the worst sports related story that has happened in a long, long time.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    edited November 2011
    ^yeah it is pretty fucking sick and the fact that Joe Paterno might have known about it this whole time and covered it up makes it even worse.

oh and fuck Alabama and the BCS. #3 you fucking kidding me? fuck off.
    i thought they said that joe paterno reported it right away
    Paterno did what he was supposed to do, and told the AD when he was informed by an assistant. Some people are mad that he didn't do more than that.
    I have been a PSU fan for a long time, but I do not believe he did enough, in this case. I think he needs to step down and I sort of want this program to burn now.

honestly the fact that they may have all know about it not only makes me sick...but it makes me feel like they may have all been in on it
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    NY Times is reporting that Penn State is in the process of planning Paterno’s exit. Decision expected any moment now.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Daaaaaayyyyyyyyuuuummm
    Just heard that the Board of Trustees voted Paterno out. He was asked to resign and refused. Not confirmed, but hearing from multiple sources.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sad way to end his career. but its his own fault.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    can someone breifly explain the situation or post a link on what happened?
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky faces child sexual abuse charges, and Penn State athletic director Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, the school's senior vice president for business and finance, were arraigned Monday on charges they lied to a grand jury and failed to properly report the abuse.

Paterno was told my another assistant about it and reported it to the athletic director because Sandusky was no longer part of the team. Now the board is trying to push Paterno out because he didn't do anything more than that.
    Everyone involved needs to lose their jobs. What's nearly as sickening as the sexual assaults themselves is the fact that not one of these guys are admitting that they fucked up beyond comprehension. All they can think about is covering each other's asses. It's bullshit, and they all deserve to go. All the good that Paterno did for the school, the Big Ten, and college football in general is overshadowed by this. It's a shame, but it's true.
    Joe Paterno announces he'll retire at seasons end.
    He shouldn't be given that opportunity. He needs to be gone now. Why is everyone at PSU such cowards? Everyone involved is a coward. Joe Pa is a coward, Mcqueary is a coward. Curley, Schultz and Spanier are all cowards. This whole thing gets more and more disturbing by the hour.
    I'm a little biased here, but I kinda feel bad for Paterno...
    I'm a little biased here, but I kinda feel bad for Paterno...
    I'm completely biased. I have been a PSU fan since I was a little kid and have always loved JoePA , but he needs to go down for this.
    Legally he's in the clear though. I mean I friggin hate Micheal Vick but I don't feel that the NFL should keep him from playing because of some moral issue. Granted I don't agree with the legal decision but that's not the NFL's ruling, so I don't blame them for letting him play.

Maybe I'm not making a fair comparison and I don't realize how different college sports are from leagues like the NFL, but the guy seems to be getting every bit of the blame (I understand it's because of who he is, but still) and forcing him out isn't really doing much justice. That's just how I feel at the particular moment though, I'll probably have to let this run its course before making any more firm judgement of what should or shouldn't be done.
    It's a complete institutional failure, and they need to clean house. How the incident in 2002 went unreported until now is absolutely inexcusable. Everyone who had knowledge of it is responsible, and when you're at the top of the chain like Paterno is, you need to do the right thing and call the police. Granted, no one really knows what exactly the GA told him, but it's pretty safe to believe that he was given enough information to warrant calling the police. Everyone who knew and didn't call the police has to deal with the fact that they let a sexual predator roam the campus freely for years. He even had an office on campus!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Penn State press conference is now.

Paterno is now fired from his coaching job.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Joe Paterno is out. Graham Spanier is out.

This is how it ends.

The Penn State Board of Trustees met this evening and announced that Paterno will not coach another game for the Nittany Lions. Assistant coach Tom Bradley will be the interim coach.

Mike McQueary is still on the coaching staff.

This whole situation is just sad. There’s probably not another word for it.

Riot police are reportedly outside Joe Pa's house.