Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Stanford just proved that they can hang on and win any game. Best team in the nation. I am also a cal fan, that takes a lot.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I'm still pressed as fuck

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Why? That Spartans were actually a mediocre team the whole time and didn't get a lucky play to win again? Awwwwwww :(
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Stanford just proved that they can hang on and win any game. Best team in the nation. I am also a cal fan, that takes a lot.
    I disagree. I think they're a top 5 team and the best team in the Pac 12 to be sure with the best player in the nation, which gives them a chance against anybody. But I don't think they're a better team than LSU or Alabama at this very moment. Luck also showed last night that he is human and can make a big mistake once in a while.
    Why? That Spartans were actually a mediocre team the whole time and didn't get a lucky play to win again? Awwwwwww :(
    Nebraska finally showed up on defense.

Pretty pleased with how Michigan played yesterday. Two tough road games the next two weeks. This will be a real test.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    No such thing as luck in sports, sir.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    so stanford beating a decent pac 12 team in 3 ot makes you think there the best team in the country??...if they play lsu who i think they will....they will lose by at least 2 touchdowns
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    You are retarded if you didn't think that play was lucky. I'm not trying to take away from the Michigan State win because they really impressed me that game, but that's not something that just happens.
    image Photobucket
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    so stanford beating a decent pac 12 team in 3 ot makes you think there the best team in the country??...if they play lsu who i think they will....they will lose by at least 2 touchdowns
    When you're a good team, you don't lose based on what can constantly happen to you, you lose based on the aspects of the situation. Meaning, Stanford proved they can win in triple overtime against a good football team. That means that they are capable of staying in a game for all 4+ quarters, that capability is representative of a good and focused football team.
    I disagree. I think they're a top 5 team and the best team in the Pac 12 to be sure with the best player in the nation, which gives them a chance against anybody. But I don't think they're a better team than LSU or Alabama at this very moment. Luck also showed last night that he is human and can make a big mistake once in a while.
    While my unconditional love for Andrew Luck as a player has been documented, Stanford has shown the ability to win games when the best player in the nation is not at his best. This isn't an Auburn and Cam Newton situation. Luck isn't the only reason this team is winning. Basically, when you have the best offensive weapon in football and you can win without him, you have a pretty ridiculous team on your hands. Shaw and co over there don't fuck around.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    They wouldn't have won yesterday without Andrew Luck, though.....best team in the Pac-12, yes. Best team in the country, I don't believe so. We'll see come BCS bowl time.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This shit with Jerry Sandusky makes me fucking sick.
    Well that was shitty. So many mistakes. 2 redzone turnovers, recievers dropping balls left and right....

Still the the refs had made the right call on Hemingways touchdown, we might have had a chance at the two pointer. Which we wouldn't have needed had our holder not pulled a Romo.
    image Photobucket
    Told jay they would lose. Bitch ass nigga doesn't listen.

On another note Longhorns with the rape today.
    Chance Michigan State loses.. But now all I pretty much care about is beating OSU.
    image Photobucket
    They had the touchdown to come close to tying it, but he was ruled out of bounds because the top half of his body fell out...but his knee was in before he fell. But of course the review couldn't be overturned or confirmed. Had they called it a TD, same thing would have happened.
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    hawks get the win!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    fuck nick saban
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    fuck nick saban
    Oklahoma State/Kansas State hell of a lot better game then this weak sauce LSU/Bama game.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies