Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Lookie what was just dropped off...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    college football tix are 70 bux?? holy shit
    edited October 2011
    college football tix are 70 bux?? holy shit
    Believe me... I wish I payed $70 for those Bama tickets. Our season tickets are $1050 a seat, but that's because we're in the gold section (25 YD line to 25 yd line) of Death Valley. Tickets outside of that area range anywheres from $40-$70 depending on seat location and opponent.
    how many games in a season??
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    6 games this year
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited October 2011
    Lucky you. This is the biggest regular season college football game that I can remember since Michigan-Ohio State in 2006.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    SEC documents leaked, and Mizzou joining the SEC.

Barring someone having pulled off the new Guinness world's record for Most Convincing April Fool's prank in late October, the SEC is (or was) poised and ready to welcome Missouri to the league this coming (or past) Monday--as an introductory statement dated Oct. 22 leaked on the conference's own website made clear late Thursday night.

The statement includes references to an announcement yet-to-be made by Mike Slive, links to related introductory Missouri content, and July 1, 2012 specified as the date in which the Tigers would officially join the league. As of 11:40 ET Thursday night, the page appeared on the official "SEC Digital Network" site like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The page and all associated content had been removed by 11:55 ET.

If it wasn't already safe to assume Missouri was headed to the SEC before, it certainly is now. The July 1 date would also corroborate the news dropped by Slive Thursday that the league was still aiming for the Tigers to join before the 2012 football season.

The questions now are: if the announcement had been planned last Monday, what kept the SEC and Missouri from releasing it? And now that we know Missouri's acceptance is a mere formality, how long until the league (and the Tigers) drop the pretense?

The statement reads in part:

"Given the ever-changing conference paradigm over the past year, the Southeastern Conference has continued to demonstrate its commitment to maintaining its stature as one of the nation’s premier conferences by welcoming the University of Missouri as the league’s 14th member, Commissioner Mike Slive announced Monday.

Missouri joins Texas A&M University as the league’s two new institutions who will begin full membership on July 1, 2012. It is the first expansion of the SEC membership since Arkansas and South Carolina joined the conference in 1992 ...

Geographically, it is a natural fit as the state of Missouri touches more states (Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee) that currently are home to an SEC institution than any other state that is not in the league’s previous 13-member footprint. Like the majority of the cities in the SEC, Columbia, Mo., is a college-centered town with a metropolitan population of 164,283, making it the fifth-largest city in the state of Missouri ...

Missouri is one of only 35 public U.S. universities invited to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). It will become the fourth SEC school that is part of the AAU, joining Florida, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.

Monday’s announcement marks just the fourth time in the history of the conference that the SEC will expand its membership. In a landscape that has seemed ever-changing in recent years, the SEC has exemplified stability as 10 of its original 13 members remain."
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Well now that Mizzou is gone, it's safe to say WVU and Louisville are a lock for the Big 12.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Good for Mizzou!
    Daaaaaaaaaaaayum! Keenum destroyed the TD record today with 9 passing TDs. Dude is insane and a good QB.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    alabama and lsu is gonna one fuck of a good game. im rooting for lsu though cause i like them and dont really care for alabama.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    is alabama and lsu like 1 and 2 in the country or something
    is alabama and lsu like 1 and 2 in the country or something
    Actually yes
    Daaaaaaaaaaaayum! Keenum destroyed the TD record today with 9 passing TDs. Dude is insane and a good QB.
    I'm glad I got to see him play in person vs UNT. He's a beast.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I about died laughing when I saw this
    image Photobucket
    LOL @ TX A&M. Doing what they do best :))
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    =)) @ penis
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    This Stanford/USC game is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! 3rd OT