Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official*** 2024 College Football Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OSU deserves to be #1 right now. The fuck you talking about son? They went out dominated and Pryor had a very good day. Bama deserves 8 cause the other teams in front of them are hell of a lot better then them.
    Deserves? Maybe, but I'd take any of the top 5 over them in a game. Bama still is the best team in this game, and it's tough to argue against that. Oregon is shaky at best on defense, with that running game being the only thing keeping them afloat. You put Oregon vs. Bama and you'll have a Bama sided slaughter on your hands.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    edited October 2010
    OSU deserves to be #1 right now. The fuck you talking about son? They went out dominated and Pryor had a very good day. Bama deserves 8 cause the other teams in front of them are hell of a lot better then them.
    Deserves? Maybe, but I'd take any of the top 5 over them in a game. Bama still is the best team in this game, and it's tough to argue against that. Oregon is shaky at best on defense, with that running game being the only thing keeping them afloat. You put Oregon vs. Bama and you'll have a Bama sided slaughter on your hands.
    Why does Wine(Ryan idk what you prefer) always speak the truth?? haha I need a like button like on Facebook cause just about every football related thing you say I agree with.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    See how good my potential future college did against Boise State?
    image Photobucket
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Why does Wine(Ryan idk what you prefer) always speak the truth?? haha I need a like button like on Facebook cause just about every football related thing you say I agree with.
    I respond to either, it's no big deal.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    See how good my potential future college did against Boise State?
    I was waiting to hear from you on that lol.
    They did better than I expected. Once Boise went for the 2 point conversion on the first score, I thought it was going to be hell. They almost made a game out of it when they got the ball back down 7-15...but then it went downhill lol.
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Go figure.

Six weeks into the college football season and one week before the first Bowl Championship Series standings are released, there are 13 unbeaten teams in all three polls.

So who'd be the BCS' No. 1 if the standings came out today? Would it be consensus No. 1 Ohio State, the top team in The Associated Press, USA Today and Harris polls? Or maybe fellow unbeaten Oregon, ranked No. 2 and earning first-place votes in all three polls?

According to the projection of ESPN's Brad Edwards, it's consensus No. 3 Boise State.

According to the projections, the No. 1 Buckeyes would place fifth in the BCS standings, percentage points behind Oklahoma.

Edwards projects the unbeaten Broncos, the highest-ranked team from a non BCS conference, as the top team in the standings by a comfortable margin, followed by Oregon. The top two teams in the final regular-season BCS standings play in the BCS National Championship Game.

Fellow BCS buster TCU places third in Edwards' projections, followed by Oklahoma at .8425 and Ohio State at .8421.

That might annoy Buckeye fans looking to celebrate Ohio State's first AP No. 1 ranking since the final regular-season poll of 2007. But Ohio State coach Jim Tressel pointed out Sunday that the only constant in the polls is that they're always changing.

"You take a look at the top 10 week to week and the precarious nature of any ranking is obvious -- just review the change in the makeup of the top 10 between the beginning of the season until now," Tressel said.

Of the top 10 teams in the preseason AP rankings, only six remain. Florida, No. 4 to start the year, is now No. 22, while Iowa has fallen from No. 9 to No. 15. Texas and Virginia Tech are unranked.

Oregon was No. 11 in the preseason poll.

Undefeateds LSU, Nebraska, Auburn and Michigan State and once-beaten Alabama round out the top 10 of Edwards' BCS projections.

The first official BCS standings of the season will be released on Sunday on the "BCS Countdown Show" at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN.

The formula that produces the BCS standings is one-third USA Today poll, one-third Harris Interactive poll and one-third computer rankings.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    BOISE STATE >:O
    And this is why the BCS is fucked up.
    The Bay Area schools, California and Stanford, appear to be the final hurdle before the Pac-10 unveils next week its two-division, 12-team setup for the 2011-12 football season.

Pac-10 athletic directors weren't able to arrive at a consensus during two days of meetings last week in San Francisco, but a compromise is in the works, according to multiple sources.

The conference would like to have a north-south split of two six-team divisions, instead of a "zipper format" that would divide the conference on an east-west alignment of every rivalry.

The schools in the Northwest will sign off on a north-south split, but want Stanford and Cal to be in their division instead of Colorado and Utah to ensure a foothold in recruiting-rich California.

However, the California schools would rather stay together, which would mean UCLA and USC being with Stanford and Cal. Add southern schools Arizona and Arizona State, and the South not only would have all of California, but also a historical competitive advantage, even if the current standings show the Oregon schools atop the conference.

One source said the league has to do what's best for the overall conference, not just for the individual interests of a few schools. And to a number of the members, splitting the four California schools is a must.

If a compromise is reached, Cal and Stanford would be placed in the North division with Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State. The South division would be UCLA, USC, Arizona, Arizona State and new members Utah and Colorado, formerly of the Mountain West and Big 12, respectively.

During a news conference at Oregon State two weeks ago, Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott said the league still would play nine games, with room for crossover games if rivalries are split up in divisions. UCLA and USC would have five games within the division, for instance, and still could play four of the North division teams, meaning games against Cal and Stanford could survive a realignment.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    looks like i am probably going to the game sat. jay O_O
    You're going to the homecoming game again huh? XD Well cool. It should be a good game...
    lol yeah i know i was thinking about that earlier...but yeah its a bigger game than playing indiana so i iza excited...plus its a 330 start so like 3 more hours of drinking and tailgating b4 YAY!
    Michigan going to get hoed by IOWA
    i think its going to be a good game
    I think it's going to be a 55-17 slaughter.
    you also thought texas had a beastly qb
    You also thought you had a beastly QB who can run on anyone. A real defense punked his ass.
    ok...he had over 100 yards rushing b4 he was forced to pass and got sacked at the end of the game....how is that "punking his ass"...and he could have had wayyyy more yards but he is young and tried to do to much and went away from what he does best
    I think if we had a real defense, he wouldn't always be playing defensive offense.

He didn't get punked. Sure he threw three ints, but he did good for the shit our defense puts him through. Once again, I never claimed him to be great or a heisman candidate because I knew we didn't play anything but shit teams. I still say we beat OSU though.
    image Photobucket