Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Thread***

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I personally dont have any issues with LJ leaving. He wanted to win a championship and it is likely that wasnt going to happen in Cleveland. Look at all the greats who stuck with their team and never won a ring? You think he should have done that? So people would make fun of him for being the king and never winning a ring? Fuck that. He played he heart out for cleveland, and did all he could to try and bring a championship there... It wasnt happening so when his contract was up he went where he believed was the best place to reach his goal. Aint nothing wrong with that.

I only laughed at him last year cause he was apart of the dream team and they were smoked in the finals. It was funny. But I have no beef with him. He's a good player and hasnt ever dogged it.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    he didn't play his heart out for cleveland....even up until game 6 against the celtics you still would see him and his teammates not getting back after made buckets....after that something clicked with him....but he has in my eyes never been a player that left it all out there on the court...until the finals that is
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    *shrug* I admit I stopped following the NBA all that closely when I realized it was rigged.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Free agency starts July 1st!

So far here are rumors of trades and confirmed trades that have happened so far:

Brandon Roy is returning to the NBA and the Bulls, Mavericks, Pacers, and Timberwolves are his top suitors to sign him.

Bulls will likely trade Loul Deng to unknown
    Bulls looking to trade Deng to get a pick in the top 10

Rockets going after Dwight Howard
    Rockets trade Budinger to the T'Wolves for their 16th pick
    Rockets now have 14th, 16th, and 18th first round picks for this years draft. Will use those as trade bait to bring Howard.
    Pau Gasol could be traded to Houston for Lowry and Scola
    Raptors looking to get Lowry
    Rockets looking to trade 2 of their top 20 picks and Lowry for the #5 pick

D-Will will make his decision by July 5th to either play for the Mavs or the Nets.

Bobcats looking to trade down their number 2 pick for Cleveland's number 4 pick.

Kings looking to deal Tyreke Evans.

The Portland Trail Blazers are fielding trade offers for guard Jamal Crawford and the Philadelphia 76ers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Boston Celtics.

Stern has awarded the Celtics a second round draft pick for 2013 from Oklahoma City in compensation for Jeff Green trade.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-< That Deng trade better get us something fucking amazing and worth it. Im'ma miss him.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I thought Brandon Roy's knees were completely gone? I really hope he doesn't mess them up even more
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    :-< That Deng trade better get us something fucking amazing and worth it. Im'ma miss him.
    This draft is very deep. A top 10 pick in this draft could bode very well for them if they choose wisely.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I don't have a problem with the heat winning. I was kinda rooting for the bulls since I knew the hawks were chum bucket. We all know how that turned out. It seems like the heat winning a title was almost inevitable
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    Basketball over.

Need more NFL thread. \:D/
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    Good job HEAT!! 8-X
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ben Gordon's days with the Detroit Pistons are over.

According to a source close to the team, the Pistons traded Gordon and a lottery-protected first-round pick in 2013 to the Charlotte Bobcats for forward Corey Maggette.

Maggette, 6-foot-6 and 225 pounds, averaged 15 points a game in 2012.

In three season with the Pistons, Gordon averaged about 12 points a game.

Maggette has an expiring $10.9 million contract next season. Gordon is owed $26.6 million over the next two seasons..
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I personally dont have any issues with LJ leaving. He wanted to win a championship and it is likely that wasnt going to happen in Cleveland. Look at all the greats who stuck with their team and never won a ring? You think he should have done that? So people would make fun of him for being the king and never winning a ring? Fuck that. He played he heart out for cleveland, and did all he could to try and bring a championship there... It wasnt happening so when his contract was up he went where he believed was the best place to reach his goal. Aint nothing wrong with that.

I only laughed at him last year cause he was apart of the dream team and they were smoked in the finals. It was funny. But I have no beef with him. He's a good player and hasnt ever dogged it.
    yes there is hes a pussy whiny bitch

According to a source close to the team, the Pistons traded Gordon and a lottery-protected first-round pick in 2013 to the Charlotte Bobcats for forward Corey Maggette.

Maggette has an expiring $10.9 million contract next season. Gordon is owed $26.6 million over the next two seasons..

i guess im ok with this lol

Houston has received 12th pick in the first round from the Bucks.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

AHAHAHAHA dat nigga got FUCKED.
    Well Nola should be pretty happy.

Celtics drafted Jared Sullinger and just drafted Fab Melo.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    but hes a syracuse player........
    You need someone who can play D and protect the rim. Melo is probably one of the best in this draft on D and he's 7ft....
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I can't believe we were able to steal Darius Miller at 46.
    i approve of the pistions draft once again.....one step at a time joe one step....they are building towards a better future thats for sure