Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Anybody here going to Ozzfest? *Set times and orders included now*

Comments

• PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    Damn, no knives? Fuck it, not going now. All that will be in my bag is an issue of Revolver with Zakk Wylde on the cover. But alright so gallon of water, check, bag, check, sweet, thanks man.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Damn, I guess now I have to leave my hand grenades at home.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn, I guess now I have to leave my hand grenades at home.
    But you're not going to Chicago, you're good.

And PraiseTheU, just bring an extra bottle cap in your shoe.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wine did you happen to notice who some of the vendors were? How did the signing sessions work this time around? Was LiveNation there to sell upgrades?
    The booths were quite bare bones. With that said though, there was a I <3 Vagina booth, a few shopping booths, and one other one that I can't remember...As far as signing sessions, I just was over at the other side of the village at one point and noticed that Goatwhore were signing at 6 at the ESP booth and decided to roll on over there. I'm not sure if others were signing, but I just got in line, got a stock photo signed then left. Also, there's a raffle to win some stuff there. If there was one thing that LiveNation <i>was doing with their staff there, it was selling upgrades. You couldn't miss them. They were everywhere.

A quick note on bottle caps, if you do sneak one in the shoe, don't make the mistake of bringing the wrong kind. A guy next to me was complaining about how much it hurt walking with it in, and then was pissed when they were selling dasani.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    ^Did you happen to see how much Kataklysm shirts were?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    ^Did you happen to see how much Kataklysm shirts were?
    Pretty sure they were the standard 25.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Sweet. Hopefully I'll get enough birthday money to get one because I have $0.03 in my bank account.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    Live review: Ozzfest at San Manuel Amphitheater
    August 15, 2010 | 5:53 pm

It's a day of metal as Ozzy Osbourne and Mötley Crüe headline this year's Ozzfest.

Headlined by Ozzy Osbourne and Mötley Crüe, the first California-sited Ozzfest since 2007 kicked off a limited six-city tour at the San Bernardino-adjacent San Manuel Amphitheater on Saturday with all the color, stench, physicality and camaraderie you expect from heavy metal.
    In the quarter-mile entry line, a middle-aged parolee and a young Army vet compared survival notes. A bikinied woman with a bloody nose fled a stage-front mosh collision.

“Are you ready for me?” begged Osbourne, announcing the fest's final set. After 12 bands and nine hours of music, the answer was still yes.

Osbourne's replacement of flamboyant longtime guitarist Zakk Wylde with Gus G., a dark-maned Greek, ratcheted the spotlight toward the singer. Ozzy never hires undazzling axmen, though, and Mr. G.'s speed, control and rhythm shone bright.

Osbourne further revivified his standard presentation (“Mr. Crowley,” “Bark at the Moon,” etc.) by adding the aggro chant of the current “Let Me Hear You Scream” and some fresh oldness from his Black Sabbath years, augmenting his usual “Paranoid” with the hippie hopper “Fairies Wear Boots,” the bluesy instrumental “Rat Salad” and the heavy epic “Iron Man.”

For the encore of the hard-charging signature “Crazy Train,” he trotted out a 9-year-old Japanese boy to shred quite capably on a polka-dot Randy Rhoads Flying V. Heads up, Gus.

Mötley Crüe justified the durability of their anthemic pop-metal — kick-starting rough, celebrating with the recent homeboy brag “Saints of Los Angeles” and coalescing behind stompin' renditions of “Ten Seconds to Love” and “Don't Go Away Mad.”

Vince Neil's voice cut clean and high; Nikki Sixx thudded his bass with platformed cool; a slurry-tongued Tommy Lee harangued the assemblage between pounding his drums and settling at the piano. And it was an inspiration to behold top-hatted Mick Mars, 59 and afflicted with near-paralyzing arthritis, still yanking outrageous wah-wah solos out of his white Stratocaster.

Halford, the band fronted by Judas Priest wailer Rob Halford, surprised many with the instantly accessible tradition-plus material from its two studio albums, plus the lumbering Priest nugget “Victim of Changes,” the solid title cut from Halford's upcoming “Made of Metal.”

Best overall set: Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society, exiled to the dusty Second Stage. The newly sober Wylde displayed no loss of radness, singing like a bear, tearing up a five-minute guitar solo and nailing the doom-laden riffs and bulldozer tempo changes.

Though all the aforementioned stood rooted in pre-1985 metal, succeeding decades had their say.

DevilDriver raged with hard, modern precision. 2001 Ozzfest holdovers Drowning Pool grabbed the throng with syncopated heft and gritty vocal melody. Frisco thrash vets Exodus retained youth's jumpy energy.

Ozzfest commanders Sharon Osbourne and her son, Jack, introduced the unknown California Wildebeest as “friends of the family”; the band's '70s riff-and-whirl unexpectedly scored more devil horns than middle fingers.

Attendance continued on a downslide, whether because of the bad economy, bad karma from the 2005 sabotage of Iron Maiden or continued traffic issues. It certainly wasn't the talent.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    "five-minute guitar solo"

I called it on Metalsetlists hahaha

In other news, did Ozzy play Rat Salad or no? I'm sick of hearing different stories.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    THEY DID NOT PLAY RAT SALAD, WHAT IS THIS SHIT?
    Fucking idiots, why do they work?
    This is from setlist.fm.

San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA, USA Setlist on August 14, 2010

Bark at the Moon
    Let Me Hear You Scream
    Mr. Crowley
    I Don't Know
    Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath cover)
    Suicide Solution
    Road To Nowhere
    Shot In The Dark
    Iron Man (Black Sabbath cover)
    Killer Of Giants
    Fire In The Sky
    I Don't Want to Change the World
    Paranoid (Black Sabbath cover)
    Encore:
    Crazy Train
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    "Attendance continued on a downslide, whether because of the bad economy, bad karma from the 2005 sabotage of Iron Maiden or continued traffic issues. It certainly wasn't the talent."

$155 for pit and first tier tickets would be the cause.
    That's the correct one, except I think Fire in the Sky was after I Don't Want to Change the World
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    No Rat Salad makes me sad
    I'd much rather hear the other rarities he's playing
    I really like Ozzy's set list.

Sadly this tour isn't coming close enough for me to go.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Wine did you happen to notice who some of the vendors were? How did the signing sessions work this time around? Was LiveNation there to sell upgrades?
    The booths were quite bare bones. With that said though, there was a I <3 Vagina booth, a few shopping booths, and one other one that I can't remember...As far as signing sessions, I just was over at the other side of the village at one point and noticed that Goatwhore were signing at 6 at the ESP booth and decided to roll on over there. I'm not sure if others were signing, but I just got in line, got a stock photo signed then left. Also, there's a raffle to win some stuff there. If there was one thing that LiveNation <i>was doing with their staff there, it was selling upgrades. You couldn't miss them. They were everywhere.

A quick note on bottle caps, if you do sneak one in the shoe, don't make the mistake of bringing the wrong kind. A guy next to me was complaining about how much it hurt walking with it in, and then was pissed when they were selling dasani.

Thank you sir. I will act accordingly. LOL
    I'm bringing my own bottle, so yeah....I'm good
  • Heavy_Metal_JesusHeavy_Metal_Jesus Posts: 477 salt miner
    I'm going to be at Hartford on the 21st.