Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Anybody here going to Ozzfest? *Set times and orders included now*

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I have only one friend that listens to metal more than anything else.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    I'm slowly getting my friends into metal. Only one is making noticeable difference, mainly because he never really listened to music beforehand.

I've only been to a couple shows solo, but never an all day thing. But it's kind of cool not worrying about anyone else, and you can talk to random people. But then there's the awkward moments when you're surrounded by groups of people that are there with someone else.
    image Photobucket
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i have a hard time getting people to go with me to shows. my wife can go to some shows, but we have a hard time getting babysitters. my friends are going thru the too old thing, and like stay home and knit instead of going out. My brother in law is psycho and will go to anything, but i have to babysit him. he went with me to mayhem and is going with me to ozzfest. can't get a 12 hour babysitter
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Roger Marsh of UFO Examiner reports that "a triangle UFO flying higher than any conventional aircraft" was spotted during Ozzy Osbourne's performance at the Ozzfest 2010 kick-off concert on Saturday, August 14 in Devore, California. "The shape was triangular with rounded tips," one concert-goer was quoted as saying, according testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness-reporting database. "The color of the craft was a pale gray. The middle looking on edgewise was slightly rounded and thicker in the middle, which held three round lights in a line strobe-like. Colors were green, yellow and pinkish purple. The lights were like a strobe that blinked and flashed 3-5 times before it disappeared behind a tree that it fit behind."
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Lol. Ozzfest seems to attract UFO's. I think a similar story came out of Chicago years ago? I might be wrong on the location though
    imageimage
  • PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    I didnt like Ozzfest this year. The whole second stage I wasnt really into but went early in hopes it would be exactly like 07 and 06 but it so was not. It honestly looked like they set it up 30 minutes before the gates opened. No seperate bands tents was a huge annoyance, fucking 40 bucks for a main stage bands t-shirt fuckng annoyed me. 07 i picked up a fucking Lamb Of God shirt at their tent for 15 bucks. Cut this whole 'Second Stage' tent and 'Main Stage' booth shit out. Only 6 dates and it looked that bad? If Ozzfest is like that next year, fuck that. And maybe thats always the crowd for Chicago festivals, but wow, it was fucking empty from 12 to 4, I found that terrible. But the whole Main Stage was awesome, Nonpoint sounded kick ass, Devildriver I enjoyed live, Halford still has one of the most amazing voices in Metal, Motley I thought sounded badass, but Ozzy was the best of the night, he was fucking incredible. All in all, I think Im going to stick to West Palm festivals. By the way, if that was Erik in that clip, I stood next to him about 4 times.
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    BLS is total bullshit,

fixed.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I wouldn't have set my expectations high this year for Ozzfest because I could bet they just threw it together too fast and too close
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The crowd just sucked this year. I guess they were having problems selling tickets or whatever. I really don't care, I had fun. I laughed at Vince Neil saying someone told him that this was the best Ozzfest ever.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited August 2010
    None of my friends listen to metal. I only have one friend that will consider going to some shows with me, but he doesn't really like metal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    The crowd just sucked this year. I guess they were having problems selling tickets or whatever. I really don't care, I had fun. I laughed at Vince Neil saying someone told him that this was the best Ozzfest ever.
    Yeah, that was definitely not true. I mean cmon, 2004, Priest, Slayer, Sabbath
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i usually only go for the music, i usually could give two shits about tents and shirts and what not...
    None of my friends listen to metal. I only have one friend that will consider going to some shows with me, but he doesn't really like metal.
    Just my former radio co-host....and he's one of those extremely weird, awkward guys that it just feels odd to hang out with him. In the radio station it was alright, but at shows, it's just sometimes creepy.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    I'm guess I'm lucky to have a group of friends (about 15) who all listen to metal primarily.
    Yep, you are lucky. I'm hoping to gain more metalheads as friends once I move next week.
    It's a shame that the majority of them don't really ever go to shows. So in that respect, I'm almost in the same boat as you all.
    Even in high school, I didn't really have many metalhead friends that went to shows. All my friends were older than me and broke because they got stoned too much.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

This all goes back to what we as a group have been saying most of the summer. Without the mainstream acts headlining nobody is going to sell many tickets. Even at 10.00 each Ozzfest still had a hell of a time selling tickets. The crowds will get even sparser if there aren't the mainstream acts to pull in the casual concert goer.
    edited August 2010
    My friends are just broke. That or they don't care enough about the bands playing.

My mindset is just go and see any band I like (no matter how 'much' I like them) that comes to town because I never know if they will break up afterwards or before they come back to your town. So you might as well see if you can.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers

This all goes back to what we as a group have been saying most of the summer. Without the mainstream acts headlining nobody is going to sell many tickets. Even at 10.00 each Ozzfest still had a hell of a time selling tickets. The crowds will get even sparser if there aren't the mainstream acts to pull in the casual concert goer.
    Tbh I liked it this way. It was nice to go to a show without an overabundance of scenefags.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG