Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Anybody here going to Ozzfest? *Set times and orders included now*

191011121315»

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    drowning pool played one song with nonpoint. they should have done more instead of making everyone wait an hour. Sharon can suck me
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Damn sounds like this year's Ozzfest was one very well produced tour.../sarcasm
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It went without a hitch at my show...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    just got home from ozzfest mansfield, fucking sucked...downpoured the whole time no bls no drowning pool. we left cuz we were freezing....on the plus side skeletonwitch and goatwhore were awesome and i finally got my goatwhore shirt ...
    Wow, that sucks. I actually was supposed to goto that Ozzfest today. In fact, I got about 20 min away from the venue on a 2 hour drive and it was pouring out. Then I realized I forgot my hoodie I was going to bring in case it was raining. So I said "Fuck This." and turned around and went home.

It sucks that happened to you but it kinda makes me feel better about me deciding not to go.
    u made the right decision dude the day was a disaster lol i dont blame anyone cuz it was the weather but it still sucked pretty bad......
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ozzfest sounds like a disaster this year
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ozzfest sounds like a disaster this year
    It really wasn't, in my opinion. Sure, I didn't have to deal with random cancellations due to sickness (Goatwhore) or freak weather situations, but I think it was a success. I had more fun than I did at Mayhem 08, yet not as much as Mayhem 09, although that was more of excitement over seeing a bunch of bands for the first time.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    His intros are always amazing

And you can guarrantee that his tour will have an extended one with more tits
    image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The only reasons I am jealous of Ozzfest:

Skeletonwitch
    Goatwhore
    Ozzy's awesome setlist
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    It went without a hitch at my show...

No problems in Chicago either. Weather was actually great for a change. Usually hotter than 500 pound ass in August and we were in the low 80's, partly cloudy and cool northerly breezes.
    except for drowning pool and bls being cancelled, weather did not take away from the enjoyment of my show. sure i was cold and wet, but its a metal show!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    except for drowning pool and bls being cancelled, weather did not take away from the enjoyment of my show. sure i was cold and wet, but its a metal show!
    well me like an idiot wore a cut off shirt and shorts and wouldve froze to death if i stayed for mainstage. it was hard for me to drive home without seeing the ozzman....
    i was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, after taking off my sweatshirt at the main stage. i was very cold. Standing up and having a good time took my mind off it
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    edited August 2010
    What a shitty, rainy day weather-wise. I had a ton of fun for the bands that played, although I left after Nonpoint due to how bad the rain was. There was no way I could stay in my open air seat for 5 more hours after Nonpoint's set. I was soaked beyond belief, felt like I weighed double my weight.

Anyways, on to the show. We got there a little after 12:00, as the doors were opening. The line was small and we got in fast. The side stage area had a very small crowd at it, and as the time approached 12:45 and there was no band playing, I realized that Kataklysm dropped. Shit. However, 1:15 came and Goatwhore immediately took the stage. They got the crowd moving and played a great set. First time seeing them and they sounded awesome. Set might be a bit out of order. 8/10.

The All Destroying
    Provoking the Ritual of Death
    Carving Out the Eyes of God
    Reckoning of the Soul Made Godless
    This Passing Into Power of Demons
    Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
    Apocalyptic Havoc

Saviours was up next. I personally thought that they kicked ass. They were awesome live, and it was fun to burn one to their music. The singer/guitarist looked drunk out of his mind but they still played perfectly. The set is incomplete and out of order, but this is what I could come up with. 9/10.

Circle of Servants Bodies
    Narcotic Sea
    Crucifire
    Slave to the Hex
    F.G.T.
    We Roam

Skeletonwitch took the stage after Saviours and they were pretty sick. The crowd was into it, and they flew through a quick, yet punishing, set. 8/10.

Submit to the Suffering
    Upon Wings of Black
    Strangled by Unseen Hands
    Beyond the Permafrost
    Crushed Beyond Dust
    Within My Blood

Kingdom of Sorrow was after Skeletonwitch and all I can say is WOW. Fantastic set, they got the crowd going crazy, and Jamey Jasta once again proved how great of a frontman he truly is. Excellent set, turned out to be my favorite of the day. 9.5/10

Begging for the Truth
    Behind the Blackest Tears
    Led Into Demise
    Grieve a Lifetime
    Enlightened to Extinction
    Monuments of Ash
    Free the Fallen
    Buried in Black

After Kingdom of Sorrow, everyone was standing around for an hour, wondering when Drowning Pool would play...when they announced they were closing the side stage and that we all had to move to the main stage. I thought it was bullshit, the rain wasn't unbearable at that point but for "safety reasons" they closed the stage. No Drowning Pool or BLS.

During the hour wait until Nonpoint was supposed to take the stage, the rain started coming down extremely hard. I was drenched and pissed sitting in my open air seat, and Nonpoint's set dragged on and on. I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing them, but the rain made their set miserable. I did think that getting members of Drowning Pool on stage to play Bodies was pretty cool. 5/10.

???
    Mindtrip
    The Wreckoning
    Miracle
    Bodies (with members of Drowning Pool)
    Bullet With a Name

After Nonpoint it was a group decision to call it a day. We all really wanted to see Ozzy but decided that it wasn't worth sitting in the pouring rain for 5 more hours. So we left right after Nonpoint finished, along with several other people in the same boat as us.

All in all, the day was definitely worth 10 bucks. Although it sucked that bands dropped and that I left early, I enjoyed myself thoroughly until I was so wet that I couldn't stand it anymore. If there's an Ozzfest 2011, I'll definitely be going. Let's hope for better weather next year though.
    Post edited by slip_knot on